• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
core unit shipped from amazon..

struggling to find games to get (which is bumming me out..)

likely must-haves:
Batman
VR Worlds
Until Dawn

any other must-haves? Considering EVE and Battlezone.. but not sure how much in the mood for a shooter I am (both are shooters, right?)

Any news about Wayward Sky?

Teknoman

Oh man, Amazon's own device is the worst. They do stuff no other courier does. I hope everything turns out smoothly.

Well it just updated and it's at a local Amazon facility. I'll be at home tomorrow so if they just plop it on the porch, it'll be somewhat safe.

ryseing

core unit shipped from amazon..

struggling to find games to get (which is bumming me out..)

likely must-haves:
Batman
VR Worlds
Until Dawn

any other must-haves? Considering EVE and Battlezone.. but not sure how much in the mood for a shooter I am (both are shooters, right?)

Any news about Wayward Sky?

RIGS and Thumper.

Baalzebup

W00t w00t. Time to take a drive to the local midnight launch and pick up my reserved unit. Got the demo stuff downloaded from the US store and I chose to pick up RIGS and Until Dawn: RoB as physical copies at the same time. I'll still demo 'em first and return them if the demos don't sell them, but I'm pretty sure I'll like 'em just fine.

Adobe

I have never tried the PS VR, is using a headset a must? I am really enjoying my high end 5.1 speaker setup from DALI with my ps4.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
UPS just delivered mine's. Needs to get home fast. Hate rush hour in NYC.

Haven't been many reviews. GameSpot gave it an 8 and Jim Sterling gave it a 1.

Thanks for the heads up!

I keep asking about the interactive films and VR experiences but there seems to be no impressions of them anywhere or even if they will release tonight/tomorrow....... I'll ask again however :)

I'm really bummed with my situation. Basically there's a really good chance that mine will get shipped back to Amazon instead of being delivered tomorrow. Should I camp out and try to buy another one or just pray mine makes it tomorrow?

Kyolux

I'm really bummed with my situation. Basically there's a really good chance that mine will get shipped back to Amazon instead of being delivered tomorrow. Should I camp out and try to buy another one or just pray mine makes it tomorrow?

Well, how come you think it'll bounce back? If you think there's actually a big chance that happens. Then yeah I guess try and get one from somewhere else. And return the one you receive from Amazon if that doesn't bounce back, to the place you bought the other one.

atomsk

Party Pooper
still waiting on Amazon to ship, got this racing wheel all set up, really want to see if Driveclub VR makes me vomit.

Well, how come you think it'll bounce back? If you think there's actually a big chance that happens. Then yeah I guess try and get one from somewhere else. And return the one you receive from Amazon if that doesn't bounce back, to the place you bought the other one.

It got sent USPS instead of UPS and USPS always returns packages shipped to this address. I called Amazon and USPS attempting to get it held at the post office tomorrow and their solution was to write a sticky note and leave it out for the delivery guy to hopefully read. Small chance I'll be able to get it, but REALLY small.

Well it just updated and it's at a local Amazon facility. I'll be at home tomorrow so if they just plop it on the porch, it'll be somewhat safe.

Be vigilant about it. I had one delivery where they decided to deliver it to a neighbor because they thought I wasn't home when I was. Never heard a knock or a ring, but got a call suddenly that they delivered it next door for a package that didn't need to be signed or anything. Amazon's delivery service just decided to not leave it. No other delivery service has ever done that before. They also do stuff like leave deliveries wide open when I have this little nook where all other courier services put packages that's near the front porch to hide them. Out of UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, Ontrac, etc, they are just the worst from my experience. I really wish Amazon would stop doing their own deliveries.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Order is still "shipping soon" but also still arriving tomorrow... Ugh, I want that tracking number so I can have ups hold for pickup. I didn't free up my day tomorrow so I could wait around until the evening for it.

For those of us in the USA...
t1476331200z1.png
Is Gamestop/Best Buy doing a 12am (9pm pst) launch?

Dunkers92

Got mine already paid for at my GAME store (UK) to pick up tomorrow. Picking up Rigs, Battlezone, EVE and maybe Until Dawn.

I can't wait to set it up tomorrow, ever since I tried it out I've been waiting for this day. Hype!

Shancake

I'm still really intrigued to see if people get the screen door effect. I've been it for almost a week now and am still experiencing it. In Until Dawn, when it goes dark it's literally ALL the pixels in my face..

FDC1

All the day 1 content is up on the european stores. Weirdy the "demo disc" page lists 15 games instead of 8, don't know if it's an error.

muteki

Came home and mine was sitting on the doorstep. Couple more hours of married with children then it is fun time.

Matush

All the day 1 content is up on the european stores. Weirdy the "demo disc" page lists 15 games instead of 8, don't know if it's an error.
Yeah, it seems it actually is bigger than disc itself. Downloading bunch of stuff, "tomorrow" cant come soon enough.

Teknoman

Be vigilant about it. I had one delivery where they decided to deliver it to a neighbor because they thought I wasn't home when I was. Never heard a knock or a ring, but got a call suddenly that they delivered it next door for a package that didn't need to be signed or anything. Amazon's delivery service just decided to not leave it. No other delivery service has ever done that before. They also do stuff like leave deliveries wide open when I have this little nook where all other courier services put packages that's near the front porch to hide them. Out of UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, Ontrac, etc, they are just the worst from my experience. I really wish Amazon would stop doing their own deliveries.

Oh you know it. Alarm set and will be in the living room the majority of the morning for sure.

Belfast

So what would be the right time to start making a line at Best Buy? 9pm pst is the launch.

I'd like to know this as well. Due to some roommate shenanigans, I didn't get much sleep last night and kind of feel like shit after work. I want to take a nap before I even attempt to go stand in a line for potentially a few hours.

Haven't been to a midnight launch in forever, so I'm not really sure how Best Buy handles these things these days. Line outside or inside? 9pm is when they usually close here on the west coast, so they will probably just "stay open." Do they give out tickets? How early? Etc.

Abdiel

Best Buy is doing 12am EST/9pm PST launch; not sure about what Gamestop is doing.

Not all our stores are. If you're up in the New Hampshire/ Northern MA area, only the Nashua store was doing it in the NH stores. I didn't check the list for all the MA region.

Got word today that my pre-order is still up even though i didn't pay the requested advance (since i decided against picking one up)

Not sure if i should bite the bullet. I want it really bad, but i'm afraid i might regret spending 520 € (PSVR + Camera + Game) on it later.

motodd

Alright, just got the shipping notification from Amazon, everything is on its way from the warehouse and I should get to leave the real world sometime before 8PM tomorrow. Clock watching all day
tumblr_mdgfiwQyM21qdx4k4o1_500.gif

I'm still really intrigued to see if people get the screen door effect. I've been it for almost a week now and am still experiencing it. In Until Dawn, when it goes dark it's literally ALL the pixels in my face..

That isn't screen door effect that would be mura. Always most prominent on dark scenes, screen door effect is more prominent in brighter scenes. Look very similar though.

MrGerbils

So what would be the right time to start making a line at Best Buy? 9pm pst is the launch.

Pre-order allocations were. There are still first come, first serve units. As to my understanding they will have some at midnight and save some to sell in the morning

I would call your local Best Buy. I called a few around me in the Bay Area, and they all told me that they only had enough units to cover preorders and would be turning people away if they showed up expecting to wait in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom