• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

I'm in the lie detector room (3rd),
I assume there is a pattern with the images that I should follow with happy or sad, else it's just random guesses.

Adree

The It's Always Sunny short "Project Badass" is pretty neat. You can watch it in the Jaunt VR app I believe. Hulu is worth trying for the novelty of being in a virtual living room. I watched an entire season of Casual that way. Invasion is a cute little short.

I'll second the recommendation of Hulu's "living room." You can change a lot of stuff in the room (including the location itself.) The scale is off (especially in the theater) but it's quite enjoyable.

Adree

Statik demo is real good. The concept of having your hands in a box is weird at first but it's really fun to just press buttons and see what happens all over the device.

Billfisto

I'm in the lie detector room (3rd),
I assume there is a pattern with the images that I should follow with happy or sad, else it's just random guesses.

Is it blocking you from proceeding? I just selected whatever and it let me through with no issues or discernable changes. I thought that part was more for setting the mood.

Played the Statik demo last night before bed, really impressive stuff. Not sure if it’s the amount of detail put into the demo room or if UE4 looks fantastic in PSVR on a base PS4.

Planet

Didn't notice any quality differences throughout the game, every room looks equally amazing, very crisp for a PSVR game, I'd go as far as to say on a level with e.g. Bound. This is on the Pro, though, don't have a PS4 Amateur anymore to compare. ;)

Is it blocking you from proceeding? I just selected whatever and it let me through with no issues or discernable changes. I thought that part was more for setting the mood.

Seemingly, the only options I have on the level select screen are that puzzle
and the box in a room where you get 3 ghost boxes, which I have NO idea what to do with.

Planet

and the box in a room where you get 3 ghost boxes, which I have NO idea what to do with.
Did you look closely at those
ghost boxes? They have some rounded corners and some completely flat sides. Also, you can move them with the arrow pointer. Maybe try to bring them closer together in a certain way? :)

Billfisto

Ahhh, okay.

A couple hints for there:

You can interact with things by moving your controller in physical space and using the right trigger.

Look at the edges of the ghost boxes.

STATIK looks really, really clean on the Pro. I'm gonna fork over my cheddar just to support these guys. They came with a really cool concept and my dumbass is having a hard time with these puzzles, but I like it very challenging for me. UE4 engine is really shinning in the VR Space.

And, yes ClapHanz needs to be clapped for not making their game in VR, just plain dumb and Yoshida punk ass should have made it happen.

Z3M0G

Anyone here enjoy Cometcrash on the PS3? If so, I strongly suggest checking out Korix! Played it at a buddies place this weekend, which was my first time using PSVR in months, and it was really cool. Immediate flashbacks to Cometcrash... which is a game I adored and miss very much.

Just been watching a few new previews for Star Trek Bridge Crew, it's looking very good and looks like it will offer a great Star Trek experience and could also be a right good laugh for messing about too, with the right people.

ckohler

I watched a 45 minute gameplay video of Bridge Crew and I'm even more excited but my big question is what happens if it's only two players? Do you get AI players for the other stations?

I really wish someone would answer this.

joeblow

Dirt Rally VR (NA) is on sale... sorta. The full package is still $70, but the main game is discounted from $60 to $18 if you have PS+. I picked it up right now and bought the VR add-on separately for its normal $13, making the cut 'n paste full package a $31 purchase.

I also grabbed Mortal Blitz, which is arcade-fun fantastic. The only issue I have so far with it, as pointed out earlier, is the abysmal sound mixing. Soooo underwhelming, and is the worst I've heard on the PS4. In fact, I can't imagine the developer not patching it, so I'll put it it in the backlog trunk until they do.

I bought Eagle Flight on sale and it's a piece of shit. Is there any way to get my money back?

Not really, unless you try appealing to Sonys nicer side and claim the VR effect is making you feel sick. They might have leniency on VR sickness, but I doubt it. Personally I feel that they should offer something like a 30 minute trial on some downloads but that would be open to abuse.

Anyone here enjoy Cometcrash on the PS3? If so, I strongly suggest checking out Korix! Played it at a buddies place this weekend, which was my first time using PSVR in months, and it was really cool. Immediate flashbacks to Cometcrash... which is a game I adored and miss very much.

Wait what there is a comet crashers style game in psvr I need it now! Loved CC playing with my mate hope this does local co-op/vs with the social screen as mate does not have VR and is unlikely too due to money and just playing mine whenever he wants.

Planet

Anybody finished Statik? What is going on and any interpretation on the story?
I couldn't stop on Monday until I had it. Depending on your puzzle prowess it only takes 2.5 to 3 hours, longer if that isn't you kind of thing.

There is a secret ending involving clues all over the place, which gives you the Hidden Secretions trophy. That I have not yet seen, but it will probably give you a bit more insight. Finding out that stuff completely on your own will surely take a lot of hours, which makes it a decent meta puzzle.

MikeBison

Hadn't heard about statik, just checked out about 20 seconds of a youtube video and I am so in! Downloading now and will play as soon as I get in from work. Haven't used my headset since finishing Resi 7 and the DLC. Was thinking just this morning that it's disappointing that there haven't been too many new releases, but bam!

Will have to set aside Persona 5 for a few hours for this!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Just played Pyschonauts Rombus of Ruin (after not playing VR games for 6 weeks) and was reminded on why I bought a VR headset.

Only played it for about 1 hour, but afterward I took the headset off and felt like I was delivered to another world. I had to sit there and breathe for about 45 seconds just to have my brain reset lol. Anybody else ever have that feeling before after playing VR games?

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm hoping we see Ricky & Morty announced for PSVR along with Super Hot (in some capacity) by E3. It'd be nice for some higher-profile titles to be added to the library.

MikeBison

I'm hoping we see Ricky & Morty announced for PSVR along with Super Hot (in some capacity) by E3. It'd be nice for some higher-profile titles to be added to the library.

Really want Rick and Morty. Reviews have been great and I love the show. Problem might be that people say it's the best use of room scale in vr, like job simulator but on crack. So might not be able to make the transition.

Grinchy

Banned
Really want Rick and Morty. Reviews have been great and I love the show. Problem might be that people say it's the best use of room scale in vr, like job simulator but on crack. So might not be able to make the transition.

Yeah I wonder if they're going to be willing to compromise the gameplay this time around. Job Simulator was tweaked intelligently, but it really seems like it would hurt Rick and Morty more to have to be trimmed down to a "stand in one place and move in only 180 degrees" game.

MikeBison

Guyssss!! Do not sleep on Statik!!

Fired it up when I got in from work and it's excellent. Throws you in with no tutorial or set up and trusts you to just figure it out. The puzzles are incredibly clever but not frustrating and make you feel like a genius for solving them. Real light bulb moments.

The narrative back ground is intriguing and the game looks great to be in.

Do. Not. Sleep on it!

rafaelr

Guyssss!! Do not sleep on Statik!!

Fired it up when I got in from work and it's excellent. Throws you in with no tutorial or set up and trusts you to just figure it out. The puzzles are incredibly clever but not frustrating and make you feel like a genius for solving them. Real light bulb moments.

The narrative back ground is intriguing and the game looks great to be in.

Do. Not. Sleep on it!

completely agreed! if you like puzzle games this should be right up your alley.
it´s really cool when you get to a new box and turn it around trying to figure out what each button does etc. i also really like the variety of the different boxes, think i´ve done 7 so far. looking forward to try out the coop ones as well.

Kyolux

Regarding the 4th puzzle, just a simple yes/no answer. Haven't tried since Monday when I had to stop playing.

Do you really need to be super quick on that part where you have to set the direction, top buttons and the face buttons on the right positions? I always seem to be too slow.

Regarding the 4th puzzle, just a simple yes/no answer. Haven't tried since Monday when I had to stop playing.

Do you really need to be super quick on that part where you have to set the direction, top buttons and the face buttons on the right positions? I always seem to be too slow.

Yes middle screen is a timer

Grinchy

Banned
I am still playing through Bound. It is so visually stunning, but it is so far from a "game." I can only play like 30ish minutes at a time.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
5601374-l.jpg

Finally I ordered the bundle :D , I'm really excited for this game

rafaelr

Argh, I have no idea how I'll do this.

i had trouble with this one as well, but
i think the timer takes longer the farther you get the little cart on the rail (felt like it to me at least)
. finally getting it was soo satisfying though.

Sold my PSVR and got an Oculus + Touch
It's been fun PSVRGaf. I made sure my PSVR found a loving home.
o7

I bought an Oculus and Touch also but kept my PSVR. Despite the resolution difference, I'm surprised how well the PSVR stack up. The one thing the Rift does way better is tracking. Enjoy your Rift.

Shoeless

5601374-l.jpg

Finally I ordered the bundle :D , I'm really excited for this game

My wife told me not to bother buying this for myself for my birthday, so I guess I already know what I'm getting. Looking forward to it, but I hope to see more games actually take advantage of the peripheral. VR literally adds a whole new dimension to the old light gun game genre, and has a chance to revitalize it.

Top Bottom