• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Grinchy

Banned
You guys weren't lying about Dick Wilde being hard. I've only tried it with the Aim so far, and I still haven't even beaten the "easiest" level. I get to the last wave and there's just so much shit being thrown in my face that I can't finish it.

D23

You guys weren't lying about Dick Wilde being hard. I've only tried it with the Aim so far, and I still haven't even beaten the "easiest" level. I get to the last wave and there's just so much shit being thrown in my face that I can't finish it.

yup i just gave up playing it with the aim due to the difficulty.

playing it with the move controller is a little bit easier since you can have shield

MattAces

PSVR getting more third party games than switch... I kid I kid. :p

I know that "I kid I kid" part was a damage control but sadly it is true.
I've been buying PSVR games left and right every month and being genuinely excited for games announcement while my Switch is just sitting in my dock after MK8D, which I already own the Wii U version. If MHXX is really an August title for NA, I will be happy again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I know that "I kid I kid" part was a damage control but sadly it is true.
I've been buying PSVR games left and right every month and being genuinely excited for games announcement while my Switch is just sitting in my dock after MK8D, which I already own the Wii U version.

Really? I've felt the exact opposite. My PSVR has been collecting dust for awhile now because the games just aren't appealing in the least. Really hoping for something big at E3.

MattAces

Really? I've felt the exact opposite. My PSVR has been collecting dust for awhile now because the games just aren't appealing in the least. Really hoping for something big at E3.

There's a ton of games in April and May, Statik, Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, Farpoint, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Korix, VR Invaders, Starblood. Most of them are small titles, but there are a wide variety of cool games recently.

D23

whoa you need to get some games for it then,
ever since farpoint, ive been playing nothing but PS VR. Recently purchased Battlezone, Dirt Rally, Polybeus (sp?), Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, Star Trek.

Those games provide hours of entertainment on my vr so far. Dirt Rally is by far my fav VR game to date though, surpassing farpoint and RE7. Even got the wheel and wheel stand pro for it.. it was quite an investment but so damn worth it!!

We have arizona sunshine coming out in 3 weeks, and brookhaven experiment is getting the aim controller patch today supposedly!

too many games, no time to play em all!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There's a ton of games in April and May, Statik, Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, Farpoint, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Korix, VR Invaders, Starblood. Most of them are small titles, but there are a wide variety of cool games recently.

whoa you need to get some games for it then,
ever since farpoint, ive been playing nothing but PS VR. Recently purchased Battlezone, Dirt Rally, Polybeus (sp?), Mortal Blitz, Dick Wilde, Star Trek.

Those games provide hours of entertainment on my vr so far. Dirt Rally is by far my fav VR game to date though, surpassing farpoint and RE7. Even got the wheel and wheel stand pro for it.. it was quite an investment but so damn worth it!!

We have arizona sunshine coming out in 3 weeks, and brookhaven experiment is getting the aim controller patch today supposedly!

too many games, no time to play em all!

Haven't gotten Statik yet, which is on my list. I absolutely adore Battlezone even though I still find it brutally difficult.

Joystick

WTF? Chess Ultra in VR? What a waste!

Speak for yourself!

Anyway, here is some more info:

We wanted our PS VR mode to offer an experience that simply isn’t possible in real life, so now you can play against of the most iconic foes in chess history: Death himself, the Grim Reaper.

If you’re playing well you’ll anger him, his eyes burning with rage and the lava will flow ferociously around you. But if you lose, you really lose, as he’ll reach over and take your soul. To add to the experience we’ve built a ‘Fire and Brimstone’ chess set that literally burns. In VR, you can physically reach out and hold the pieces using Move controllers before playing them.

We’ve got online multiplayer against VR and non-VR players, making it easy to play against the ultimate opponent – real players – wherever you are. You can also play against PC players (or choose to be matched against other PS4 players only).

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...soul-in-ps-vr-with-chess-ultra-out-21st-june/

JimmyMarrow

Neo Member

Same here. I thought about Star Trek Bridge Crew. I still haven't finished resident evil yet. The started it and began getting queasy. Not sure if it wears off with time.

Joystick

The Atom Universe Kickstarter campaign ran in early 2015 and promised PlayStation VR support, though they were asking for more funds to bring it to PS4 "sooner".

It was released on PC late last year and there is supposedly a crude alpha demo available on PS4 (w/o VR) but there have not been any updates or comments in many months.

Atom Universe: a virtual reality Theme Park on PC and PS4

Immersion: for a more immersive gameplay, we will support virtual reality (VR) hardware: namely the Morpheus on PS4 and Oculus Rift headsets on PC.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/882445008/atom-universe-a-virtual-reality-theme-park-on-pc-a

Joystick

V! No Heroes Allowed! R, the Tokyo Game Show 2016-announced PlayStation VR title from SIE Japan Studio, will launch in Japan this fall.

V! No Heroes Allowed R! is a PlayStation VR-required title. The graphics have evolved from pixelated to full 3D, but systems themed around the food cycle and homage elements remain.

However, by sucking up monsters directly into the “God Controller” (your DualShock 4), you can release them anywhere in the dominion of the Underworld.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/v-no-heroes-allowed-r-launches-fall-japan
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/06134660.html
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014477.html

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Kyolux

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*breathes heavily*

OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGMGMPGMPGGPPPPP

...I thought I would never get more games in that series, and now I get them in freaking VR? :-O

Godfuckingdamnit, best game announcement 2017.

This was announced last year. :)

Is the Battlefront VR mission worth $13 if I don't intend on playing Battlefront for anything else? I know I could wait for a sale, I just kind of want a new VR experience.

Also, did I miss out on not getting RIGS at launch? I couldn't afford the extra game at the time and then eventually I kind of forgot about it. I'll always feel bad knowing that I missed the zeitgeist for that and I don't know if it's even worth it at that price playing (I'm sure) almost entirely offline now.

MultiCore

Is the Battlefront VR mission worth $13 if I don't intend on playing Battlefront for anything else? I know I could wait for a sale, I just kind of want a new VR experience.

Also, did I miss out on not getting RIGS at launch? I couldn't afford the extra game at the time and then eventually I kind of forgot about it. I'll always feel bad knowing that I missed the zeitgeist for that and I don't know if it's even worth it at that price playing (I'm sure) almost entirely offline now.

If you *really* love star wars... Maybe.
It's short. The coolest part is the AT-AT walking at the title screen though.

Did you try the free Call of Duty Jackal Assault demo? It's pretty similar, with kinda worse controls. Maybe try renting the game or something. Free Gamefly trial?

I haven't bought rigs, but I heard the dev got shut down, so buying seems really questionable now.

Guppeth

I bought it just for the VR mission. I think it's worth it, although it does feel like buying a pie just to eat the cherry on top.

ffvorax

It's nice for a SW fan, but it's a 15m experience more or less... I don't think it's worth 13$.

Well depends on you, the experience is fun and the graphic is good iif it's all you need to know.

Maligna

Banned
Is the North American Tekken 7 VR mode censored compared to the Japanese version?

I can't do any of this shit.
https://youtu.be/qXdDGmkvRwE

For instance when I get close to a character model, the screen goes dark green and I can't see anything.

Also, when I pause the action it moves the characters far away from me and puts a menu up in my face.

Lame.

Basically I wanted to be able to get closer/clip through models so I can "step in" to the character. Align my head with theirs and see the world from their POV.

Always wondered what it would be like to be a panda bear. :p

Honestly I think the free Call of Duty Jackal Assault was better, as is the single player content in Eve Valkyrie (sparse as it is). But then I'm not a huge Star Wars fan.

It's nice for a SW fan, but it's a 15m experience more or less... I don't think it's worth 13$.

Well depends on you, the experience is fun and the graphic is good iif it's all you need to know.

I wish they'd just put it up separately on PSN for $5 or something. I've been wanting to play it too but so close to Battlefront 2, I just can't justify getting the full game even for cheap since I just want to play the VR mode.

I wish they'd just put it up separately on PSN for $5 or something. I've been wanting to play it too but so close to Battlefront 2, I just can't justify getting the full game even for cheap since I just want to play the VR mode.

I bought SW Battlefront for $10 during Black Friday for the VR content only. It is alright, but it is pretty short. Personally, I would not pay more than $5 for it. Granted, I am not a huge SW fan.

I bought SW Battlefront for $10 during Black Friday for the VR content only. It is alright, but it is pretty short. Personally, I would not pay more than $5 for it. Granted, I am not a huge SW fan.

I just realized something: isn't there some kind of promotion atm where you get a free copy of BF if you sign up for PS plus? Because I haven't subbed in 3 years, and Star Trek Bridge Crew is tempting me. Plus there's a spend $100 on PSN/ get $15 back deal starting in 2 days. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Nesther

Same here. I thought about Star Trek Bridge Crew. I still haven't finished resident evil yet. The started it and began getting queasy. Not sure if it wears off with time.

Me neither, but due to it being absolutely horrifying. I really can't seem to handle it, played it for about an hour and had to take breaks because I get too distressed.

The team relly did an amazing job.

I just realized something: isn't there some kind of promotion atm where you get a free copy of BF if you sign up for PS plus? Because I haven't subbed in 3 years, and Star Trek Bridge Crew is tempting me. Plus there's a spend $100 on PSN/ get $15 back deal starting in 2 days. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

VR really shines online. Start Trek BC, Werewolves Within, Farpoint co op are all great. You are missing out.

ChouGoku

Just set up a Chinese PSN account to try the KILL X demo. Its pretty scary and the enemies move fast and all around you. Its pretty scary just because of that. The drawback is the control method its easy to get overwhelmed. I'm guessing Arizona Sunshine is going to do something similar with controls. I'd rather us an analog stick just to strafe. Still pretty fun though, kind of hard

MattAces

Any impressions and how's the move tracking?

EASILY one of the best Move tracking game on PSVR. This is among the top of utilizing actual room scale, mini room scale at least and very polished. You have to do a lot of ducking. One problem is often they will make you hold the Move controller while ducking infront of your face, which will cause the whole thing wobbles, so you have to try your best to avoid doing that by stretching your both arms further apart and fire.
But the game is ultra short, there's no ending because there will be episode 2 and stuff and the sound design is rather poor.

Anyway new trailer for Ancient Amulator, looks like they've improved the graphic quite a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ar4HKTK1jo

Planet

Anyway new trailer for Ancient Amulator
The demo was good, archery worked quite well. But I couldn't get anything done as wizard. Out of 10 magic balls I threw, 5 just squibbed right in front of me after releasing the trigger, 3 flew too far, one to short and one hit. Managed to kill 3 skelletons, then my arm fell off. After reattaching, I played Star Trek instead. ;)

Mars 2030 is coming out July for $15.

Mars-2030-Screenshot-1.png

Developed in partnership with NASA, FMG first announced the project back in 2015, simulating what it would be like to be one of the first astronauts on Mars. Allowing users to journey 34 million miles in the comfort of their own home, Mars 2030 uses NASA satellite imagery of the Martian surface so they can set foot on the Red Planet and explore 15 square miles of its landscape.

Once on the ground users will be able to experience the actual spacesuit prototype, drive the Multi-Mission Space Exploration Vehicle (MMSEV) Rover, explore the actual Mars Habitat design and more. They’ll be able to study the planet’s ancient geology, traverse dangerous terrain such as lava tubes, frozen lakes and lofty mountainsides while facing realistic weather conditions, atmospheric pressure and the challenges of partial gravity.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/06/set-foot-on-the-red-planet-next-month-with-mars-2030/amp/

Top Bottom