• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Gitaroo

Was hoping arizona sunshine woild get a physical release so I can take advantage of prime discount. Game is too expensive and I heard its super short.

panda-zebra

The demo was good, archery worked quite well. But I couldn't get anything done as wizard. Out of 10 magic balls I threw, 5 just squibbed right in front of me after releasing the trigger, 3 flew too far, one to short and one hit. Managed to kill 3 skelletons, then my arm fell off. After reattaching, I played Star Trek instead. ;)

I found it more difficult when the pressure is on (and with this kind of game, when difficulty is high, it's ON!). Taking my time with gentle movements gave much more accurate results, but tbh that didn't feel natural or particularly fun :/

PSVR Aim Controller was the best thing to happen to PSVR. So many game devs want to support it now.

Rekindled my interest, has me checking this thread much more often and once again scoping out new games to buy for PS.VR.

k1t4j

Hey guys, a friend just gave me a Fairpoint Digital code, I don't have the fancy controller but I have 2 Move controllers, is my experience going to be hindered?

Hey guys, a friend just gave me a Fairpoint Digital code, I don't have the fancy controller but I have 2 Move controllers, is my experience going to be hindered?

The game can be played with a DS4 controller but not with the moves.

It is highly recommended to use Aim controller but if you don't have it and want to try the game out you can use a DS4.

Chairhome

Bought the PSVR from a gaffer and got it yesterday, kids are loving it so far, especially Job Simulator. I played a bit and while I did get a little motion sickness, it wore off.
Batman is pretty awesome. I got the demo disc so I tried a few games, Battlezone was super fun but might wait for a price drop.

I bought until dawn (which is on sale today at Best Buy, so I have to get a price adjustment) and it was almost unplayable because of calibration issues. I'll try again tonight.

Bought the PSVR from a gaffer and got it yesterday, kids are loving it so far, especially Job Simulator. I played a bit and while I did get a little motion sickness, it wore off.
Batman is pretty awesome. I got the demo disc so I tried a few games, Battlezone was super fun but might wait for a price drop.

I bought until dawn (which is on sale today at Best Buy, so I have to get a price adjustment) and it was almost unplayable because of calibration issues. I'll try again tonight.

Dont forget to hold down the options button to recenter your position. This tip is one of the most important to know.

Chairhome

Dont forget to hold down the options button to recenter your position. This tip is one of the most important to know.
That's the start button on the side of the move controllers, right?
It wasnt the headset that lost calibration though, it was the move controller. I think i got it sorted after turning off a light and switching controllers. I'll try again

TheMan

Yes, the aim controller is dope. With DS4, you have to aim using the gyroscope (i.e. physically move it around to move your gun.) Moves aren't supported cause they don't have analog sticks.

Oh and I hope you like spiders bro.

That's the start button on the side of the move controllers, right?
It wasnt the headset that lost calibration though, it was the move controller. I think i got it sorted after turning off a light and switching controllers. I'll try again

Yeah exactly. It fixes the move controllers as well. Get in a comfortable position and then press and hold that button. It's a life saver.

joeblow

Mortal Blitz received a patch today. The audio improvements weren't listed, but it sounds beefier to me, which was my main complaint when I stopped playing during the first mission. It's a really fun Time Crisis shooter.

Mortal Blitz received a patch today. The audio improvements weren't listed, but it sounds beefier to me, which was my main complaint when I stopped playing during the first mission. It's a really fun Time Crisis shooter.

Audio improvements are coming, but next update will be Pro support. After that comes DLC and audio update said devs.

Phaenos

Anyone know of any avenues to pick up an Aim controller for less than $150? Never in stock anywhere and online prices seem to be heinous - am I looking in the wrong places?

I really want to give Farpoint a try, but I'd prefer my first experience be with the gun and not the DS4...

GHound

I've been wondering if it's technically feasible for a game to use a move and aim controller together(holding the move in your palm against the aim controller) as a control scheme for games that could really use two hands. Anyone know if there's some kind of limitation in place that would prevent that?

majik13

awesome, was playing FarPoint last night(which is an amazing game) thinking we need some big MP VR game with AIM support, was even thinking they could do it with R6 Seige, but looks like this might fit the bill. Hopefully it is actually good and releases.

Also whats up with the dude working on like an Apple 2 or Amiga or some super old PC in the BG. Looks like the devs just joking around.

Edit: Also they say they will be the first game, to allow Cross platform play across PC(VIVE, Oculus) and Consoles. But Ubi has already been doing this since last year, since Wherewolves...

I've been wondering if it's technically feasible for a game to use a move and aim controller together(holding the move in your palm against the aim controller) as a control scheme for games that could really use two hands. Anyone know if there's some kind of limitation in place that would prevent that?

Dont think there is really any technical limitation, but there is like 0% chance, anyone would make somethign like that. Mainly as it would be cumbersome, but would also require 3 separate add ons to play. PSVR, Moves, and AIM.
But yeah this brings up a major limitation with PSVR, all because they never released a Move with an analog stick. AIM remedies this issue pretty well, but obviously only allows for a single hand/object use.
Alternatively, you could use, 1 Move and 1 DS4 in each hand, but I dont think anyone really designs for that anymore, and isnt very comfortable. on PS3 games would let you substitute the NAV controller with a DS3(like KZ3) But the DS3 and NAV weren't really used as motion controllers in those games. You could just rest the controller in your lap, which helped with weight when used with a single hand. But would be more cumbersome if you had to swing a DS4 around while only holding it with 1 hand. Its likely totally possible, but not sure how feasible it would be. Would likely not track as well as a Move either.

Anyone know of any avenues to pick up an Aim controller for less than $150? Never in stock anywhere and online prices seem to be heinous - am I looking in the wrong places?

I really want to give Farpoint a try, but I'd prefer my first experience be with the gun and not the DS4...

Well where I live there is a bunch of Aim controllers bundles in my local Best Buy
(Puerto Rico)
. People don't seem interested in PSVR here.Guess I could buy a bunch of them if people really wanted and ship them out. You could send me the money via paypal. I have to check my Best Buy again to see how much stock is currently available.

Phaenos

Well where I live there is a bunch of Aim controllers bundles in my local Best Buy
(Puerto Rico)
. People don't seem interested in PSVR here.Guess I could buy a bunch of them if people really wanted and ship them out. You could send me the money via paypal. I have to check my Best Buy again to see how much stock is currently available.

Sangetsu, I would totally be willing to take you up on that. Let me know, and thanks!

CEJames

Umm....Was VR Karts taken off of the PlayStation Store? Just learned that it's on PSVR but I can't find it at all. Name change or something?

MattAces

Air Force Special Ops: Nightfall, Free PSVR download on June 20th
nee8r6whxq2z.jpg

Image from reddit post.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...fall/cid=UP9000-CUSA07936_00-NIGHTFALL0000000

Uses PS Move, no idea what it is.

CEJames

Air Force Special Ops: Nightfall, Free PSVR download on June 20th
nee8r6whxq2z.jpg

Image from reddit post.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...fall/cid=UP9000-CUSA07936_00-NIGHTFALL0000000

Uses PS Move, no idea what it is.

My first reaction - Free!? Why!?

Clicked link and saw...
"Nightfall is paid for by the U.S. Air Force for the purpose of marketing and recruitment. The U.S. Air Force makes no endorsement, express or implied, of Sony, any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or products."

Makes sense. Thanks Military? Although, I wonder if for anyone that downloads it, will they receive an email about their interest in the Air Force. Would Sony allow that?

MattAces

My first reaction - Free!? Why!?

Clicked link and saw...
"Nightfall is paid for by the U.S. Air Force for the purpose of marketing and recruitment. The U.S. Air Force makes no endorsement, express or implied, of Sony, any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or products."

Makes sense. Thanks Military? Although, I wonder if for anyone that downloads it, will they receive an email about their interest in the Air Force. Would Sony allow that?

What surprises me is the usage of PS Move, usually these are a cheap 360 video camcorder experience.

Moreche

I owned a PSVR at launch but sold it because I didn't like the drifting issues.
Have the recent updates fixed this?
Thanks.

Thanks.

Drifting is caused by moving the headset when you turn it on a bit like how old controllers with analogue would get stuck on the input if you moved them whilst turning on the console. Basically have te headset on a flat surface turn it on then pick it up. They need to patch it still but that prevents it from happening.

kinggroin

Banned
Thanks.

Neither the wobble or the drift issues have been fixed and won't be fixed until a new tracking solution is implemented. You just get used to it.

goonergaz

Drifting is caused by moving the headset when you turn it on a bit like how old controllers with analogue would get stuck on the input if you moved them whilst turning on the console. Basically have te headset on a flat surface turn it on then pick it up. They need to patch it still but that prevents it from happening.

wow, is this for real? sticky thread worthy IMO - first I've heard of it

ZehDon

First I'm hearing of this. I'll test this out tomorrow.

III-V

Neither the wobble or the drift issues have been fixed and won't be fixed until a new tracking solution is implemented. You just get used to it.

I do this as well, I actually keep it in the display case while I am turning to on, and click thru all the menus/warnings as well before I ever touch it, so it ends up sitting very flat and level.

I do not get much drift, but I had not attributed it to this (laziness actions lol), so you may be correct.

panda-zebra

Does the camera work best above or below the TV?
Thanks.

This is something you have to find out for yourself, experiment and see what works best in your environment, and it can vary on the game (for instance, Job Simulator requires me to more the camera to make things practical).

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I can't believe how HARD some of the "Normal" bosses on Rush of Blood are! The boss of stage 3 is insane.
The ghost boss with the end-stage instakill? I wasn't expecting that in what is generally a light and breezy haunted house lightgun game., not to mention the stage 4 boss, the dude from the original game, who also has an instakill.

I ended up beating the stage 3 boss on easy mode, and haven't tried stage 4 on easy. Holy crap, y'all. Do I just suck in VR?

Also the first boss in Rez Infinite I died to like 5 times and gotta come try again sometime. In the demo it seemed like you couldn't get hurt. In the main game it seemed that way, too, until the boss. Otherwise an awesome experience, but I don't want to have to stick to Traveler mode.

Maybe I just need some practice in VR.

That's usually the case I have always left my headset on top of the box it came in when I turn it on and have never had drift. Usually a flat surface is all you need.

Though there may be other cases that may cause drift. If you get cinema mode drift a trick to removing it is when you start to experience it shake your head with the headset on while you press the options button it should be gone after that.

Top Bottom