• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

border

Is there a way to watch high-quality 360 videos on the PSVR? I have tried Hulu's VR videos but those looked absolutely terrible......blocky, full of artifacts, etc. I presume the bandwidth demands of 360 video are too great.

Is there a way to watch high-quality 360 videos on the PSVR? I have tried Hulu's VR videos but those looked absolutely terrible......blocky, full of artifacts, etc. I presume the bandwidth demands of 360 video are too great.

Wow really? I have never had that issue. Plays fine for me.

MattAces

YouTube VR, or your best option will be downloading VR videos and play it with Littlstar VR.

360 video is still not there yet, YouTube VR is serviceable. Plus the lack of positional movement in 360 video is really weird.

MattAces

Finally got a confirmation directly by them. They seem to avoid talking about PSVR version. It's not stated in any of their profile or website. But that wording seems a little weird. Should we be concerned?

Qi4QGo6.png

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb.
Uw2b1JJ.png

They word it as if the PSVR is getting earliest prototype of Raw Data from twitter.

Champloo4

Apologies if this was mentioned, but they recently added a Dunkirk 'VR experience' to the LittlStar app. I watched it, it is only like 2 or 3 minutes long.

It actually kinda sucks but I liked it cuz I really want to see the movie lol.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I borrowed the thing from work again; is there any known reason/fix for a feeling that, for example in RIGS, the NPC people feel just.. too small? Also the ground while in the mech feels like you're just standing there normal hight, no feel of being elevated at all.

I think this might have been an issue with eye distance, but I calibrated that as well, at least as good as I could. Should I manually change stuff?

mattmanp

Apologies if this was mentioned, but they recently added a Dunkirk 'VR experience' to the LittlStar app. I watched it, it is only like 2 or 3 minutes long.

It actually kinda sucks but I liked it cuz I really want to see the movie lol.

The part when you are in the plane makes it worthwhile to me. That evoked a feeling from me. (trying not to spoil it)

Kyolux

I borrowed the thing from work again; is there any known reason/fix for a feeling that, for example in RIGS, the NPC people feel just.. too small? Also the ground while in the mech feels like you're just standing there normal hight, no feel of being elevated at all.

I think this might have been an issue with eye distance, but I calibrated that as well, at least as good as I could. Should I manually change stuff?

Have you done the eye distance setup? That's probably in play.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It arrived!

Yay PSVR and Camera, finally!

Would set it up but I literally busted my ass last night falling in the bathroom and fucking up my body...

I tried to be cocky and not use my assisted device and thought I could walk without it and maneuver in the bathroom
1 loose grip, timber, went splat! real hard into the shower floor

Hurts my knees and head hit the faucet of shower real hard...

That's what I get =3

Bruises and scratches everywhere

/dear diary...

Will setup hopefully tonight, that box is right beside me teasing me to open it

It arrived!

Would set it up but I literally busted my ass last night falling in the bathroom and fucking up my body...

I tried to be cocky and not use my assisted device and thought I could walk without it and maneuver in the bathroom

That's what I get =3

/dear diary...

Congrats, always exciting opening up new tech for the first time.

It arrived!

That's what I get =3

/dear diary...

giphy.gif

Hope you feel better soon and get VR gaming.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
1.8 million PSVR number real? Cause that's pretty good for a first iteration expensive ass 400+ accessory, no?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Have you done the eye distance setup? That's probably in play.
I did, but it didn't help really. If I want things bigger, would I have to 'cheat' by putting the crosses further inwards or outwards?

I cannot see that being real? Wasn't it not long ago it was just 1 mill?

about 6 months ago (February) it was announce to have sold through 915K then in June an interview with Shawn Layden he said PSVR was over 1 million but we don't know what OVER 1 million actually is. This 1.8m is from SuperData information, it may be posible that it reach that but we can guess it's close to that range by now with all the releases like Star Trek, Farpoint, etc.

Glix

about 6 months ago (February) it was announce to have sold through 915K then in June an interview with Shawn Layden he said PSVR was over 1 million but we don't know what OVER 1 million actually is. This 1.8m is from SuperData information, it may be posible that it reach that but we can guess it's close to that range by now with all the releases like Star Trek, Farpoint, etc.

Additionally they seemed to have shored up their supply issues, at least here in the US. That could have increased the adoption rate.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Pretty good if it's even close to that 1.8 mil imo. Slowly, but surely. This is a marathon, after all.
They must have a Dreams PSVR blow-out. I can only hope.

It's gone in and out of stock today at walmart.com (the one sold by antonline). It also appears to now be out of stock at antonline.com. So that might be it for a while. I was lucky to jump on it, but I went to several Walmarts and Targets looking for it, so I'm just breathing a sigh of relief at this point.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just got one of these, so are there any safe (and good) games to get to test out my new headset? The stand out titles anyway?

Rainer70

It's gone in and out of stock today at walmart.com (the one sold by antonline). It also appears to now be out of stock at antonline.com. So that might be it for a while. I was lucky to jump on it, but I went to several Walmarts and Targets looking for it, so I'm just breathing a sigh of relief at this point.

Same here, glad I didn't settle for eBay prices.

Wollan

Just passed the first boss in Farpoint. Got a bit hectic there. I'm enjoying the story segments so far. Also I discovered that you can actually walk around in the room of the main menu.

As for the Aim controller I'm definitely receiving some occlusion problems when I aim down the sights so I tend to keep it to hip fire. Tried both over and under TV.

mattmanp

Anyone know of a press release or direct quote from that Layden interview? I remember during E3 that many figured they were at 1.3 Mil by then but never saw a public number. Did he say thy have over a million units out there or did he say they finally just passed a million sold?

Rainer70

Welp, Walmart just canceled my order. Guess I wasn't so lucky after all. The hunt for the Aim controller resumes!
Damn that sucks, I haven't received an update so hopefully I'm in the clear. I gotta imagine they plan on upping the manufacturing rate if more games plan to incorporate support.

Sony publicly said it has just passed 1 million on June 5th. I would guess it's around 1.1 million right now.

No way they sold that much in a little over a month.

Both of you are misinterpreting what was taken out of an interview by The Verge and Glixel with Shawn Layden and Jim Ryan, there is no direct quote of them stating PSVR has only sold 1 million PSVR's as of June nor is it official numbers. A lot of websites took Shawn Layden's "It's still just a million units" quote and ran with it.

Didn't they have 900k sold some time in February? The math both ways seems off. Only 100k sold in 3-4 months.

Anyone know of a press release or direct quote from that Layden interview? I remember during E3 that many figured they were at 1.3 Mil by then but never saw a public number. Did he say thy have over a million units out there or did he say they finally just passed a million sold?

Above^

Yes, it is near impossible to only sell 100k in 4 months worldwide. People just can't read articles nowadays.

Joystick

Both of you are misinterpreting what was taken out of an interview by The Verge and Glixel with Shawn Layden and Jim Ryan, there is no direct quote of them stating PSVR has only sold 1 million PSVR's as of June nor is it official numbers. A lot of websites took Shawn Layden's "It's still just a million units" quote and ran with it.

Above^

Yes, it is near impossible to only sell 100k in 4 months worldwide. People just can't read articles nowadays.
Oh really? Never knew this.

MattAces

Some of these improvements include aiming down sights on PS Move and PS VR Aim, we’ve added a chaperone system to help prevent loss of tracking, and we’ve also improved running with PS Moves and remapped the 180′ turn!
Arizona Sunshine

Top Bottom