• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

Have they confirmed that the VR isn't siloed to a specific mode? I thought I read somewhere that the whole game wouldn't be playable in VR, something about the PS4 not having the power they'd need.

It will be 1v1 with limited tracks. Sounds pretty good honestly, it will just be a cruising around relaxing game. Assuming the reason that they are putting it 1v1 is because they are pushing on the graphics. I will try it during PSX in August and report back on the graphic.
Yamauchi noted that VR's ”really high rendering loads" made it hard to support the entire game in VR. Without PSVR you can play with a huge number of cars on the track across a variety of modes. It's not all bad news though; all of the 177 cars in the game can be driven in VR, though only a third of the 19 tracks will be available.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DLEJmiXo1g

Blackthorn Media Announces the International Launch of ”Dragonflight," a Fully Immersive VR Experience That Transports Users as They Ride on the Back of a Dragon Through a Medieval Environment

”Dragonflight" will work on every high-end VR device including HTC Vive, Oculus, and PSVR headsets. Sony's PSVR version of ”Dragonflight" is expected to launch later this summer on Sony's digital VR store.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ces-International-Launch-“Dragonflight”-Fully

Doesn't look too hot, but it's definitely a thing.

It will be 1v1 with limited tracks. Sounds pretty good honestly, it will just be a cruising around relaxing game. Assuming the reason that they are putting it 1v1 is because they are pushing on the graphics. I will try it during PSX in August and report back on the graphic.

Still sounds lame as it's just a separated single race mode. Like the VR mode in Tekken. None of the campaign tournaments or multiplayer.

Oh yea, it's not in my buying list. I will have to try it out first. If the graphic is unbelievably good, I'm in.

the E3 build was already quite impressive, but the track i played was a regular simple racetrack. Still wish they could pull off the full game in VR.

Same with Ace Combat. Huge disappointment that it's also just a bonus mode and not Resident Evil 7 -style full game.

MattAces

the E3 build was already quite impressive, but the track i played was a regular simple racetrack. Still wish they could pull off the full game in VR.

Same with Ace Combat. Huge disappointment that it's also just a bonus mode and not Resident Evil 7 -style full game.

Ace Combat 7 VR mode is reportedly a 12~14 hours mode. Might be a translation error because that's quite a dedication to make such a lengthy "mode" for VR.
http://vrthegamers.com/hands-ace-co...-15-hours-gameplay-release-2018/#.WWecM4iGOHu

mattmanp

Supposedly the Ace Combat VR content should take 12-15 hours to beat. Saw that in several articles. If true that is promosing at least. Not just an "experience".

Still sounds lame as it's just a separated single race mode. Like the VR mode in Tekken. None of the campaign tournaments or multiplayer.
I can accept 1v1 (most of the time I like time trials anyway, just me and the road) but GTS VR mode not having every track sucks. Driveclub VR is the same way. I think Dirt Rally is going to be the gold standard for PSVR racing for the foreseeable future- every mode, every track playable in VR.

mattmanp

Shit I'm lost, I have to go do something but I'm gonna keep an eye out for whatever it was

Thanks a bunch for the help Matt and all!

EDIT: JUST AS I STOPPED LOOKING: OVERTURN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQQL7wq0C5M

It's not a psvr game sadly, so sorry about that. still looks pretty cool though

Turns out Overturn is being made by a one man studio! Impressive and possibly concerning. Certainly explains lack of resources to launch multiplatform.

I can accept 1v1 (most of the time I like time trials anyway, just me and the road) but GTS VR mode not having every track sucks. Driveclub VR is the same way. I think Dirt Rally is going to be the gold standard for PSVR racing for the foreseeable future- every mode, every track playable in VR.

You would think sony's own first party would support it better, that's my single biggest complaint with PSVR.....third parties supporting it better then sony have.

mattmanp

You would think sony's own first party would support it better, that's my single biggest complaint with PSVR.....third parties supporting it better then sony have.

Agreed. But also they'd probably would have had to delay it... again.

I'm hopeful for whatever Sony Santa Monica, San Mateo, Manchester, and London studios are working on. Surprised we haven't seen one of them yet.

Yamauchi noted that VR's ”really high rendering loads" made it hard to support the entire game in VR. Without PSVR you can play with a huge number of cars on the track across a variety of modes. It's not all bad news though; all of the 177 cars in the game can be driven in VR, though only a third of the 19 tracks will be available.

All cars and 19 tracks (edit: scan read it wrong, only 6 tracks). Sold. For me they only really needed one track and that is Nordschleife. Any money that will be one of the tracks that doesn't make it.

After playing DCVR it is a shame that there aren't full races as that was the standout aspect of the game especially in the hypers although legendary difficulty was way too easy, online racing was also great and surprisingly it wasn't bumper cars. Time trials and one on one will do me but DCVR got me wanting more.

MattAces

Hopefully in Sony's plan, those are considered as "wave 1 games". They talked about this wave 2 plan of PSVR games are going to be bigger and better. Games from Sony Santa Monica, Sony London and Sony Manchester. Sony Santa Monica and Sony London are supposedly working on big budget AAA quality game. I don't expect Sony London title to arrive anytime soon considering the director just joined the team but SSM title was supposed to be reveal "very soon" reported from VRFocus 2 months ago. PSX reveal perhaps?

It is total garbage, unfortunately.

Expected, therefore the reason of me not including any screenshots... Because I can't find a single good representation.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
All cars and 19 tracks. Sold. For me they only really needed one track and that is Nordschleife. Any money that will be one of the tracks that doesn't make it.

After playing DCVR it is a shame that there aren't full races as that was the standout aspect of the game especially in the hypers although legendary difficulty was way too easy, online racing was also great and surprisingly it wasn't bumper cars. Time trials and one on one will do me but DCVR got me wanting more.

What was written was "1/3 of the 19 tracks"... so wouldn't that be 6 tracks?

MattAces

Stupid me. Yup.

I'm getting a VERY mixed information here.
Official website suggest 17 locations are provided with 28 different layouts.
So is it one third of the 28 different layouts...?

Edit: Here's another one frmo USGamer compiled information.
Gran Turismo Sport will feature 19 locations around the world, and a total of 27 tracks between these locations.
So one third of the 19 location...?

dmix90

All cars and 19 tracks. Sold. For me they only really needed one track and that is Nordschleife. Any money that will be one of the tracks that doesn't make it.
Preach! All i need is Nordschleife and maybe Laguna Seca. I have a bad feeling about it though.... biggest track with a lot of vegetation :(

bumpkin

Bummer... I generally don't get into career driving games like GT. I'm only interested in it for the VR, but if I can't enjoy the entire experience in VR (like Dirt Rally), it's a hard pass for me; especially at $60. I'll probably just RedBox it to try it.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA01817DY-s
Pierhead Arcade
screen4_5.jpg

http://www.mechabit.co.uk/pierhead_arcade/ it says coming soon to PSVR
https://twitter.com/mechabit/status/879074575107149825
Virtual park games

DazqtNI.png

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
MattAces said:
Nightmare garbage

They really need to do something about that garbage.

The worst is that if you turn on the "filter by game" filter, it doesn't actually show all the games available... some games are only visible with no filter.

MattAces

It was above 1 million in Q1 right? So 600K since then?

I hope it's near that really.

I believe it was:
750k in 2016 (so 3 months)
375k in 2017 Q1 (the 3 following months, lack of promotion, this is where they declared selling above 1mil)
so yea, around 500k~600k since then. Definitely gaining momentum since E3.

Couldn't find the original source for this, but here's some sweet numbers.

In reality, the huge amount of Gear VR sold is because of the bundled phone package in many countries...
Also it's super cheap. When it came out it was only $100 which is practically nothing if you already have a compatible phone. (I had to buy a Galaxy 6 to use with it which set me back about $400).

wig21

Does anyone know the release date on this? I realize this may have been talked about and I missed it so sorry about that

Top Bottom