• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

thinking of getting these upcoming releases:

Superhot VR - Definitely

Fantastic Contraption - Most Likely

Arizona Sunshine - Wait till feedback of upcoming patch regarding Aim controller bugs

ArchAngel - Need reviews

In my PSN Cart right now:

Polybius

MattAces

Superhot VR - Definitely

Arizona Sunshine - Wait till feedback of upcoming patch regarding Aim controller bugs

ArchAngel - Need reviews

Polybius
You dropped both Dino Frontier and maybe Tiny Trax, there you go.

I really want ArchAngel to be good. Cinematic experience with story, starfox pacific rim like with motion controls. I'm expecting a 3-4 hours experience with challenge mode. $20 max. We literally have zero info on the game.

Superhot VR - Definitely

ArchAngel - Need reviews

Polybius

REZ, Polybius, and super hot VR are some of the best experiences I've had that are completely different. Def recommend them

ISee

PSMove is really a no brainer at this point, more than half of the VR games are supporting it. But I've been seeing quite a lot of concern on Aim controller being supported. Needless to say, there are already around 10 confirmed games supporting it.

Farpoint
Dick Wilde
Special Delivery
Arizona Sunshine
Brookhaven Experiment

Honor and Duty: VR patch
Special Forces VR
Bravo Team
Dimension Hunter
Rom: Extraction
Demon Grade
DWVR

I already ordered a second move controller (still got the old PS3 Move set). The aim controller isn't available here in germany currently and used prices are insanely high. Which is a shame, because I'd love to give Farpoint a try, but everybody says that I need to play it with the aim controller instead of the DS4...

MattAces

I already ordered a second move controller (still got the old PS3 Move set). The aim controller isn't available here in germany currently and used prices are insanely high. Which is a shame, because I'd love to give Farpoint a try, but everybody says that I need to play it with the aim controller instead of the DS4...

Yea I would say save it until you get Aim. Playing with DS4 means it will be a seated experience, kind of weird to do that. Most of the motion stuff recommends standing anyway.

tried to play it at E3 but missed out :E looks interesting for sure. I wouldn't say "zero info" as it was playable and has a trailer for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIpWrhhyEo

I mean in terms of feature and pricing. All we know is it's a story driven mech game with Move.

Also somehow I missed this interview, I watched every other interview but not this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhsRRGnX-4

Yea I would say save it until you get Aim. Playing with DS4 means it will be a seated experience, kind of weird to do that. Most of the motion stuff recommends standing anyway.

i found it to be more enjoyable to play with Aim while seated. As it can become more of a sports game to play standing and i tend to turn around too much and get stuck in the wires :D

seated with Aim works great as long as you enable both analogue sticks for movement. Physical ducking isn't necessary in Farpoint like in say Dickwilde. Plays more like a regular game with an incredibly immersive lightgun and immersion :D

MattAces

What the hell? I manage to get the 2 days PS+ trial again. I'm 100% sure that I got the trial previously for $2 discount from Headmaster. Have to preorder super-hot now.

Also permanent price drop on PlayStation VR World to $20 and Rigs $30

REZ, Polybius, and super hot VR are some of the best experiences I've had that are completely different. Def recommend them

yah dude....REZ in VR is my jeez...i sipped a couple of alcohol and just drop myself into Rez VR and..............FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER!!!!

The legit (and legal) way to get real 'high' (in my country)!!

I remember seeing a PSVR game at E3 that was in first-person and looked like a melee combat game? Was pretty futuristic looking, had robots and such that you fought... does anyone remember seeing what I'm talking about?

MattAces

35051067063_9bb3a5e426_b.jpg

35472574460_e95387fb21_b.jpg

MattAces

I actually don't think it was either of those...I think it had teleport movement, and it looked like you navigated this industrial/futuristic looking place with it

For the first time ever I'm challenged with a PSVR game that I don't know, I'm going to find it, and I'm going to let you know.

Are you sure it's a PSVR game?

MattAces

I thought so? I could be wrong about that, but I was pretty sure it was. I'll take a look too lol

Rom: Extraction or Raw Data? Rom: Extraction was the only futuristic one being showcased but no melee. Raw Data is confirmed for PSVR but no real footage yet. It has melee.

Third option being The Persistence, horror, kind of melee but with DS4, space alien.

I don't think it's either of those, haha. Sorry to send y'all on a hunt for this thing; let me see if I can't remember anything else about it. I think the player character had some kind of claw?

MattAces

I don't think it's either of those, haha. Sorry to send y'all on a hunt for this thing; let me see if I can't remember anything else about it. I think the player character had some kind of claw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjXRdyD21sk
Gunheart? You are driving me insane. There's better be a prize for the correct answer.

Are you sure it isn't Reborn VR (not the horror game) or Raw Data? Both of them literally matches your description.
Last option would be Seeking Dawn, but that was not really confirmed for PSVR, still "in the talks with Sony".

SpOOkyO

Neo Member
I just got my PSVR...should I get move as well. What are games that benefit?
I basically got it for REZ *blush*
I love Llamaasoft, is Polybius worth it?
Thank you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjXRdyD21sk
Gunheart? You are driving me insane. There's better be a prize for the correct answer.

Are you sure it isn't Reborn VR (not the horror game) or Raw Data? Both of them literally matches your description.

Man, I don't think so... I've been watching trailers of all the stuff you sent me (and thank you so much for investing the time in this dumb goose chase) and I don't think that's it. I'm gonna look deeper and I'll report back!

MattAces

Man, I don't think so... I've been watching trailers of all the stuff you sent me (and thank you so much for investing the time in this dumb goose chase) and I don't think that's it. I'm gonna look deeper and I'll report back!

No you can't do this to me, more hints.

No you can't do this to me, more hints.

Fuck uhhhhh

There might have been a shield element or like a stealing enemies weapons element? The trailer for it was kind of slow at the beginning but then there was some mechanic unveil like that halfway through that made it look really compelling.

I know that's not much to go on but that's all I got :0

MattAces

Fuck uhhhhh

There might have been a shield element or like a stealing enemies weapons element? The trailer for it was kind of slow at the beginning but then there was some mechanic unveil like that halfway through that made it look really compelling.

I know that's not much to go on but that's all I got :0

That sounds really damn familiar. Was it this year E3 or what.
>Shield element
>steal stuff
Skyrim VR, jk.

androvsky

Doom VR?
Edit: probably not, missed a post.

mattmanp

I just got my PSVR...should I get move as well. What are games that benefit?
I basically got it for REZ *blush*
I love Llamaasoft, is Polybius worth it?
Thank you :)

Playing Tethered or Windlands with move is best way to play them. In meantime, Battlezone is a good game for playing with controller and very replayable.

mattmanp

Shit I'm lost, I have to go do something but I'm gonna keep an eye out for whatever it was

Thanks a bunch for the help Matt and all!

EDIT: JUST AS I STOPPED LOOKING: OVERTURN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQQL7wq0C5M

It's not a psvr game sadly, so sorry about that. still looks pretty cool though

Overturn is coming to PSVR August 18th I believe.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6fd467/overturn_vr_coming_to_playstation_store_august_18/

Edit2: Nevermind, incorrect info. False news. No collusion here.

MattAces

Overturn is coming to PSVR August 18th I believe

Turns out that was a false info. Overturn is "planned" for PSVR as of now.
https://twitter.com/YJMGames/status/872733845501521920

Shit I'm lost, I have to go do something but I'm gonna keep an eye out for whatever it was

Thanks a bunch for the help Matt and all!

EDIT: JUST AS I STOPPED LOOKING: OVERTURN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQQL7wq0C5M

It's not a psvr game sadly, so sorry about that. still looks pretty cool though

Thank god it exist. Because I swear your description is VERY familiar to me too.

bumpkin

Re: Gran Turismo Sport October 17. That sweet PSVR compatible.
19961562_1441981995824451_4642917227640185186_n.jpg
Have they confirmed that the VR isn't siloed to a specific mode? I thought I read somewhere that the whole game wouldn't be playable in VR, something about the PS4 not having the power they'd need.

Top Bottom