• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

PanzerCute

I'm so down for Walkabout Mini Golf, especially since it's a PS+ game. As long as one person has a DLC course, everyone can play it.

It's quick now too because everyone can play at the same time rather than wait turns, up to 8 people in lobbies. It'd be fun for sure.
I have the game with the first batch of DLCs (I bought the "premium" version at release)

I never played the game multiplayer tbh, and I suck at this game, but I am down to play it!

We just need to check for the timezones as I am in France and IIRC you are in the US. If you are "close" to the east cost its more than manageable imo (timezone and lag wise)

Last edited:

SilentUser

Thanks. I bought a PSVR2 headset plus PC adapter so I’m aware of the sweet spot but that brightness, colour and black level is something to behold. Looking forward to seeing what hdr looks like.
Welcome to the club! I absolutely love the colours and how dark and bright games can be, it is fantastic and a well worth having a narrower sweet spot because of that. And I agree with PanzerCute PanzerCute said, imo it is very easy to get used to the sweet spot. Btw, he mentioned the game that remains among my favorite VR game ever: Resi Village. Pretty there is a demo available. It is a phenomenal experience in VR.

I have the game with the first batch of DLCs (I bought the "premium" version at release)

I never played the game multiplayer tbh, and I suck at this game, but I am down to play it!

We just need to check for the timezones as I am in France and IIRC you are in the US. If you are "close" to the east cost its more than manageable imo (timezone and lag wise)
I'm east coast.

let's just have a password and if anyone wants to play, just post in the thread or tag someone. I have the thread on "watch" so I see whenever someone posts.

For a password I suggest nofatchicksallowed, or maybe gafvrcoop

lol

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So far tried Call of the Mountain and Res Evil 4 demo. The graphics were fantastic and somewhat surprising. As good if not better then PCVR graphics.
The haptics were also amazing. Head haptics was a new thing for me and I'm really glad Sony had the vision to include it. It does add to the immersion.

I didn't realise that you can start the PSVR5 with the headset plugged in and VR straight away. No tv required. That is a very welcome feature.
Seems you can play all your flat screen games in VR as well. I've not tried the media apps like Netflix yet.

So far tried Call of the Mountain and Res Evil 4 demo. The graphics were fantastic and somewhat surprising. As good if not better then PCVR graphics.
The haptics were also amazing. Head haptics was a new thing for me and I'm really glad Sony had the vision to include it. It does add to the immersion.

I didn't realise that you can start the PSVR5 with the headset plugged in and VR straight away. No tv required. That is a very welcome feature.
Seems you can play all your flat screen games in VR as well. I've not tried the media apps like Netflix yet.
Yea, there's the virtual screen but it honestly makes flat games look rough as hell to me. It's weird because I did that with PSVR and Village, prior to the actual VR mode, and it was a really cool experience and quite immersive on the giant virtual screen, haven't had luck with PSVR2 but it does incorporate HDR and VRR to flat so it does have some legit use. There was a rumor thst Sony is working on the dynamic foveated rendering for flat games and that would be awesome, I really hope it happens some day. That being said though, watching 4k movies on the virtual screen can be pretty cool.

As for VR media, there's nothing available via the PS5. Just the 'rad' streaming service but it's not worth the money unless you want to sideload VR videos but I haven't tried that so not sure how good it is. The streaming/VR selection within rad itself is hot garbage.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
As for VR media, there's nothing available via the PS5. Just the 'rad' streaming service but it's not worth the money unless you want to sideload VR videos but I haven't tried that so not sure how good it is. The streaming/VR selection within rad itself is hot garbage.
That’s a shame. Guess I’ll be using the PC for that.

Minsc

Gold Member
Cool to see new people here.

Thanks Thank You GIF by SWR3

We should try some multiplayer some time!

The sweet spot is not really an issue imo: it was a pain for the first 15 minutes but you will quickly understand how to find it (and hold it) in a second.

Regarding OLED and HDR, it's really as amazing as people say: colors pop like crazy, the blacks are deep as hell and the contrasts are often a sight to behold. I remember the first time I arrived in the pitch black castle basement in RE8 and I was terrified to go on, even tho I already played the game before.

The one thing you will probably notice tho is the infamous Mura. Like the first scene in RE8 is very bad for that, and it can be distracting at first in GT7. But tbh its a small and very rare annoyance apart from that. And one tip: put the headset brightness down to like 70%, it will help a lot.

Enjoy! PSVR2 is the highlight of this disappointing gen for me.

The main menu launch screen in Village is one of my favorite VR spaces, something about that corn/hay field blowing in the wind, with the ever changing time of day and it even changes seasons too. Wish more games did that, but I loved every time I went back in to RE8 I had that welcome screen to admire and sit in to gather my nerves haha.

The main menu launch screen in Village is one of my favorite VR spaces, something about that corn/hay field blowing in the wind, with the ever changing time of day and it even changes seasons too. Wish more games did that, but I loved every time I went back in to RE8 I had that welcome screen to admire and sit in to gather my nerves haha.
Man, Village is so freaking good in VR. I already loved it flat but VR is easily the best way to experience that game. I didn't know the main menu changed on seasons, that's really cool.

SilentUser

I absolutely adore the main menu in Village! I loved how things were changing, such a top notch VR title from the very beginning 👌🏻

Minsc

Gold Member
Man, Village is so freaking good in VR. I already loved it flat but VR is easily the best way to experience that game. I didn't know the main menu changed on seasons, that's really cool.

I might be mis-remembering, but definitely it changes ~4-5 times though out a playthrough. As you clear the various bosses and unlock new sections. Goes from daylight to evening moonlight (really bright HDR moon too), to night with a fire in the background and embers flying through the air, etc.

Top Bottom