• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Now that October 1st is here, I'm going to kick off the Halloween season with Organ Quarter.

That game is so effing good. "VR mechanics" be damned, Organ Quarter is an absolute masterpiece for Survival Horror. I honestly place it among the ranks of RE96 and Silent Hill. If the game had a "studio" behind it, I wouldn't rank it as high but it was created by 3 friends and only one of them did the actual programming/development. The other two were art design/story and OST. It is stunning to me how well they nailed the pacing, vibe, inventory management. It also has some of the best boss fights in VR, IMO at least.

Amazing game.

XXL

Is this game like Subnautica?
No. It's literally a swimming simulator, done so well... it's unreal.

There are coins and items you can collect in each area (its not as easy as it sounds and is super engaging) It's more about the expierence.

But don't get me confused, it's phenomenal.

It's one of the most unforgettable VR
expierence I've had.

There is also a level where you can swim with whales and another that is a shark cage.

It's the best VR game of the year, imo.

My personal GOTY's....

Astro Bot
Final Fantasy Rebirth
Subside

Don't sleep on this one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No. It's literally a swimming simulator, done so well... it's unreal.

There are coins and items you can collect in each area (its not as easy as it sounds and is super engaging) It's more about the expierence.

But don't get me confused, it's phenomenal.

It's one of the most unforgettable VR
expierence I've had.

There is also a level where you can swim with whales and another that is a shark cage.

It's the best VR game of the year, imo.

My personal GOTY's....

Astro Bot
Final Fantasy Rebirth
Subside

Don't sleep on this one.
You can find treasure?

SOLD!

Cat Costume GIF

ABnormal

19 hours "Into The Radius" and DAMN this game is incredible. A bit janky at first, but the atmosphere, the immersion and the gameplay are absolutely fantastic!

What a tense and mesmerizing experience :0
Yesterday I took a look at the psn page of Into The Radius, and I saw that it says "single player". But I'm quite sure that I have seen people on PCVR playing it in coop? Was it a mod or the psn page text is wrong?

PanzerCute

Yesterday I took a look at the psn page of Into The Radius, and I saw that it says "single player". But I'm quite sure that I have seen people on PCVR playing it in coop? Was it a mod or the psn page text is wrong?
It's basically Stalker in VR. Only single player, but the sequel that just released on PC has coop, so maybe thats what you saw on PC?

Markio128

Gold Member
The days are getting colder, wetter and darker in the UK, so for me it’s perfect time for VR, although opportunities are sparse given that I have a 1 year old mutt in the house, who's hobby is chewing anything at all.

I’m very much interested in Subside, Aces of Thunder and Behemoth, so I can’t wait for those to release. I’m just wary of buying any games atm because I have the Pro preordered for November.

sncvsrtoip

The days are getting colder, wetter and darker in the UK, so for me it’s perfect time for VR, although opportunities are sparse given that I have a 1 year old mutt in the house, who's hobby is chewing anything at all.

I’m very much interested in Subside, Aces of Thunder and Behemoth, so I can’t wait for those to release. I’m just wary of buying any games atm because I have the Pro preordered for November.
Metro, Hitman and Wanderer for me and also have pro ordered ;d

PanzerCute

Isn't Resident Evil 8 and 4 remake getting Pro enhancements too?

I'm assuming this will trickle down to the VR versions.
That is what I am hoping, same with GT7 that will receive a patch. Ps5 pro should also help with the games that have framerate and dynamic resolution issues, like Vertigo 2, without any patch.

Also hope that PSSR coming to PSVR2 games wont take long.

sncvsrtoip

Another 3 strong titles, all of which I’m interested in. I’ve never played Hitman in VR, but it seems to me like the perfect fit if done well. I also own the full collection already, so I’m hoping that I don’t need to buy it again.
You need to update it to world of assasination edition (free upgrade) and then you can buy psvr2 update for 10$

Last edited:
Max Mustard is really good, played about an hour last night and yea, it's just really solid across the board. Good haptics, good platforming, good visuals. The level design is quite clever at times. One level had me activating two switches with a gap in the middle, each time the platforming in the gap changed and it went on for longer than I expected. Simple concept but executed well. The FPS aspects are fun too, the target range levels are really fun.

I feel like the devs could take a sequel into Mario 64 style movement. It's really impressive what toast interactive did considering this is their first real game.

Preordered Starship Troppers, had some PSN reward money and its only 17.99 to preorder.

In other news, the devs, XR, laid off 72 of their 84 staff...

That's a damn shame. Not expecting much at all from ST but willing to take a chance and playing at launch is probably the best way to get decent lobbies on PSVR2. It's really a shame that Ghostbusters has such empty lobbies for PSVR2, especially since it's a PS+ title. Really fun game, nothing mind blowing but just fun when you're busting ghosts with chill players.

sncvsrtoip

Preordered Starship Troppers, had some PSN reward money and its only 17.99 to preorder.

In other news, the devs, XR, laid off 72 of their 84 staff...

That's a damn shame. Not expecting much at all from ST but willing to take a chance and playing at launch is probably the best way to get decent lobbies on PSVR2. It's really a shame that Ghostbusters has such empty lobbies for PSVR2, especially since it's a PS+ title. Really fun game, nothing mind blowing but just fun when you're busting ghosts with chill players.
Looks like cheap mobile game so pass for me

Just wanted to share this because I'm really happy with the brightness levels. Anyone who streams direct from PS5 knows how the crushed blacks can render certain horror games unwatchable. Its probably the HDR aspect but not sure how to get around it outside of filters in OBS, but even that doesn't resolve all games.

I have no shame in raving about Organ Quarter. Please click around if you're a fan of survival horror and aren't familiar with the game. Post-tutorial gameplay starts around 15:11, there's a timestamp if you watch on YT.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Just wanted to share this because I'm really happy with the brightness levels. Anyone who streams direct from PS5 knows how the crushed blacks can render certain horror games unwatchable. Its probably the HDR aspect but not sure how to get around it outside of filters in OBS, but even that doesn't resolve all games.

I have no shame in raving about Organ Quarter. Please click around if you're a fan of survival horror and aren't familiar with the game. Post-tutorial gameplay starts around 15:11, there's a timestamp if you watch on YT.

My brother has this game on PCVR and I played a bit, it is surprisingly good!

I got a PS5. I guess I live here now.
If you keep your expectations in check and can be patient with VR jank, you'll have a damn good time.

Thankfully this Gaf thread is by far the most mellow VR player base I've seen on the internet. If you branch out to reddit, or certain YT comment sections/discords, you'd think every game is a busted cash grab nightmare. Lol. PSVR2 is a weird place outside of Gaf.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
You have a Quest 3, right? I think the initial phase to getting used to the small sweet spot on PSVR2 will be very annoying. However, I think you will get used to it and enjoy the headset with its pros and cons. I love it!
Thanks. I bought a PSVR2 headset plus PC adapter so I’m aware of the sweet spot but that brightness, colour and black level is something to behold. Looking forward to seeing what hdr looks like.

PanzerCute

Cool to see new people here.

Thanks Thank You GIF by SWR3

We should try some multiplayer some time!
Thanks. I bought a PSVR2 headset plus PC adapter so I’m aware of the sweet spot but that brightness, colour and black level is something to behold. Looking forward to seeing what hdr looks like.
The sweet spot is not really an issue imo: it was a pain for the first 15 minutes but you will quickly understand how to find it (and hold it) in a second.

Regarding OLED and HDR, it's really as amazing as people say: colors pop like crazy, the blacks are deep as hell and the contrasts are often a sight to behold. I remember the first time I arrived in the pitch black castle basement in RE8 and I was terrified to go on, even tho I already played the game before.

The one thing you will probably notice tho is the infamous Mura. Like the first scene in RE8 is very bad for that, and it can be distracting at first in GT7. But tbh its a small and very rare annoyance apart from that. And one tip: put the headset brightness down to like 70%, it will help a lot.

Enjoy! PSVR2 is the highlight of this disappointing gen for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom