• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Minsc

Gold Member
It seems as if one arm of Sony hates PSVR2 and the other arm loves it. It's so confusing.

I'd be so happy if we got something at this level every quarter. 1 interesting looking original hybrid game, another exclusive VR game off an existing IP, then a VR conversion of a flat game.

Every quarter or so, 3-4 times a year. That would be what I'd consider the minimum level of support I'd be happy with to get on the hardware.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'd be so happy if we got something at this level every quarter. 1 interesting looking original hybrid game, another exclusive VR game off an existing IP, then a VR conversion of a flat game.

Every quarter or so, 3-4 times a year. That would be what I'd consider the minimum level of support I'd be happy with to get on the hardware.

I'd consider this a HIGH level of amazing support :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Every quarter?! That would be huge!

Minsc

Gold Member
I'd consider this a HIGH level of amazing support :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Every quarter?! That would be huge!

I mean yes and no - it's just 3 games, 1 of which is a flat 2 VR conversion, and 1 is just a normal game with VR support, so really 1 exclusive VR game a quarter. I am trying to make it not sound like a huge commitment here without asking for nothing haha.

Edit: For some relatively easy fills if they would convert PSVR1 games over to PSVR2 that would happily fill some of those spots each quarter too. Still so many PSVR1 games I'd love to play one day, without buying another headset.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I mean yes and no - it's just 3 games, 1 of which is a flat 2 VR conversion, and 1 is just a normal game with VR support, so really 1 exclusive VR game a quarter. I am trying to make it not sound like a huge commitment here without asking for nothing haha.

Maybe because I view Flat VR conversion games (Resident Evil 4 VR and GT7) and normal games with VR support (The Midnight Candle) as things that should have been happening from day one to support VR in general. It's insane to me that many thought exclusive VR only games would be the thing that would be best for the VR gaming business.

I've stepped away from Radius a bit because of how intense it can be at times. Mostly just the constantly being on edge factor, game isn't necessarily terrifying. Such a good game though. That's the thing with VR, it can be so intense that it becomes difficult to play the game, if you aren't ready to meet it at it's mental level. I'm trying to get myself ready for Madison, something about potentially jank gameplay and no means of defense makes my heart rate quicken, lol. Propagation quite possibly gave me PTSD, lol. That game is a legit horror masterpiece.

Started a new game in Vampire, wanted something seasonal but also kind of mindless. I got it at launch, waited a while to play it, and when I did play it I wasn't feeling it at all. I'm enjoying it this time around though. The stealth itself is pretty braindead but the climbing is really fluid, I'm enjoying exploring the most. I still wish the story was delivered in a better way though.

It has got me wanting to buy Wraith: The Oblivion - Afterlife on PSVR. Same developers, Fast Travel Games. Also part of the World of Darkness IP. Anyone with PSVR or Quest play it?

I tried out the rad TV app.

It's pretty dumb. Not much of a video selection and the resolution is really low. I didn't try the option to play videos off an HDD.

It has a big emphasis on AI videos. There's an 82 minute AI recreation of Terminator 2 but it was unwatchable to me because the style changes so often.

I guess it'd be worth the 4.99 if you want....ya know...lol. The thought of my wife walking in on me during the act, with a VR headset on. How could that NOT irreparably affect our relationship, lol.

Here's a video if anyone is curious, but I covered the bulk of the screen due to copywrite strike concerns.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
I tried out the rad TV app.

It's pretty dumb. Not much of a video selection and the resolution is really low. I didn't try the option to play videos off an HDD.

It has a big emphasis on AI videos. There's an 82 minute AI recreation of Terminator 2 but it was unwatchable to me because the style changes so often.

I guess it'd be worth the 4.99 if you want....ya know...lol. The thought of my wife walking in on me during the act, with a VR headset on. How could that NOT irreparably affect our relationship, lol.

Here's a video if anyone is curious, but I covered the bulk of the screen due to copywrite strike concerns.

Is it $4.99? I thought it was a sub? Either way you have the PC cable now, so not sure why anyone would want a subpar player. Better options on the PC. And even better on the Quest, but that's not here nor there I suppose.

SilentUser

Guys, what if there is a brand new Siren incoming and it is PSVR2 compatible? Wasn't there a rumour about an horror title from Firesprite that was also coming to the PSVR2 or am I hallucinating? 🤣

PanzerCute

Alright, time to try Into The Radius! I have not played much VR this summer as it was too hot, and eh, my mother fucking died also, but I am really excited to get back to it with all the amazing games that are releasing this next 3 months.

PSVR2 is still the best hardware I bought this gen, love that thing so much.

PanzerCute

Man I'm shocked they don't have a Wipeout port on psvr2 yet. That game was seriously impressive on the psvr1 hardware.
And Astrobot, VR worlds, Rush of Blood, Blood And Truth, Déraciné etc etc..

They could at least port their psvr1 games to the headset, but apparently they prefer spending billions on PS5 GaaS games that no one wants.

Sony, man...

Last edited:

yurinka

Starship Troopers VR…..?

With the outdated engine they have and how the game is designed in terms of camera etc won't happen, but Helldivers 2 VR would be so fucking insane. Btw, I want this guy starring a Helldivers movie.

Man I'm shocked they don't have a Wipeout port on psvr2 yet. That game was seriously impressive on the psvr1 hardware.
As a Wipeout fan I want the series to be back, even if it's for this. If I had to choose a couple games being ported from PSVR1 to PSVR2, they would be Astro Rescue Mission and Wipeout Omega Collection.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Yup, held back by quest 2. Even limiting it to Quest 3 could have made a big difference.
Oh absolutely! Quest 3 is quite nice, dropping Quest 2 would make a huge difference in terms of game quality and mantaining Quest 3 would also ensure a nice userbase. Oh well... I'm most likely skipping this game! Too bad, I quite like the IP.

Minsc

Gold Member
Speaking of Quest 2, I learned today that Metro VR coming to it. Lol.

Sucks when the market leader is underpowered as f.

At least they're phasing out the Quest 2 for the 3. Still weak next to the PS5 of course, but it is what it is. Hard to reject a userbase 1000% the size or maybe 2000% larger than the one you want.

Blame Sony for not throwing more money in to exclusives I guess, but we did just get that sweet Direct for PSVR2, so we can't complain too much.

This thing is only $19.99.

How rushed was it? I have to imagine that the success of HDII got this thing on the fast track.

It does look underwhelming but I'm even more interested now, that price point is perfect for morbid curiosity. At worst, the game is underwhelming and generates some laughs due to jank. At best, it's a coop gem that leads to 20+ hours with the boys.

edit- it has dynamic foveated rendering and full haptic support.

Last edited:

Romulus

This thing is only $19.99.

How rushed was it? I have to imagine that the success of HDII got this thing on the fast track.

It does look underwhelming but I'm even more interested now, that price point is perfect for morbid curiosity. At worst, the game is underwhelming and generates some laughs due to jank. At best, it's a coop gem that leads to 20+ hours with the boys.

edit- it has dynamic foveated rendering and full haptic support.

Buyer Beware. Those are the same developers that did the Hitman VR Quest port. They didn't even bother with real interactions. "To break lock, press B" while literally holding a crowbar.

SilentUser

So I preordered the PS5 Pro, and am also considering jumping into PSVR2.

I would greatly appreciate suggestions for the best VR games for someone who hasn't used VR yet.
Most people need to get used to VR, I will recomend some based on that:
1. Red Matter 2
2. Demeo
3. Toy Trains
4. Sushi Ben
5. Puzzling Places
6. Moss I & II

They are in no particular order and they are all easier to get used to VR, imo.

After getting acquainted with VR, some other cool titles:
1. Resident Evil Village
2. Resident Evil 4 Remake
3. Horizon Call of the Mountain
4. Propagation Paradise Hotel
5. Synapse
6. The Light Brigade
7. No Man's Sky
8. After the Fall

Oh and welcome!

Last edited:

ABnormal

I would greatly appreciate suggestions for the best VR games for someone who hasn't used VR yet.
Owww, quite the sum for all that!

Regarding the potential titles, the choice could depend primarily by your tastes, but it is at least possible to make a list of the titles with the highest quality.

From my experience:

No Man's Sky
The Walking Dead: Saints&Sinners 1 and 2
Resident Evil: Village
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Legendary Tales
Red Matter 2
Propagation Hotel

And be sure to proceed without hurry with VR, taking baby steps to avoid motion sickness, like playing only without moving your place in the VR space, just remainging in a place looking around and touching things. Then, very gradually, try to move right forward without moving around the head, and then add new degrees of movement only when you feel that you do not get any motion sickness with the previous degree of movement. Start with the anti-sickness aids, like degrees of rotation, teleportation, movement vignette, and so on.

Be sure to check out the PSVR2 games available on PS+, there's some great games in there. (Humanity is at the very bottom)

With these games you can easily get your sea legs and be ready for any type of VR game.

Ghostbusters in COOP is good fun too, don't sleep on that game if you have other headset owners to play with. It has crossplay with Quest.

85SAZZ0.png

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Recommend to use snap turning in games with movement and if possible fan directed to face. Games good for begining will be moss 1/2, Synthriders, Puzzling places, A Fishermans Tale, Room Vr

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Just avoid games with lot of movement at first as they will probably make you sick. The strategy is to play these games carefully at first: 5 minutes, have a break, then 10, then 20 etc..

We almost all had motion sickness and completely removed it after a few days. Ginger gums and having a fan blowing air in front of you also helps a lot.

As first games I would strongly recommend Moss 1&2: these are basically VR's Zelda and they are amazingly good.

Check also Demeo, Ghost Signal, Puzzling Places, Tetris Effect. These are all S tier games.

Have fun, PSVR2 library is filled with amazing games and a lot of great stuff is coming in the next few months.

Top Bottom