• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

SilentUser

I just ordered a PSVR2. I have already bought Horizon: Call of the Mountain and Gran Turismo 7. If i could buy only 3 more games right now (which is already stretching my budget), which games would you suggest ?

I am personally considering the below, but suggestions are welcome:
  • Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge
  • Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistol Whip
And a few months down the line, i would consider Resident Evil Village and No Man's Sky
Nice list you got there. I recommend checking Demeo and The Light Brigade, too :)

Minsc

Gold Member
I just ordered a PSVR2. I have already bought Horizon: Call of the Mountain and Gran Turismo 7. If i could buy only 3 more games right now (which is already stretching my budget), which games would you suggest ?

• Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistol Whip
And a few months down the line, i would consider Resident Evil Village and No Man's Sky
Moss 1 + 2, Puzzling Places, Thumper, Rez Infinite, Tetris Effect, Demeo, Townsmen and later this month Switchback and Saints & Sinners should all be on your shortlist.

There's a lot of buyers regret with Kayak, be careful with that one. And quite a few of these have demos so try those first if you can. RE8 is one not to skip either, for sure. Along with RE4 most likely.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
I'm getting my lenses with HONS VR, but got an email from VR Optician about their prescription lenses as well in case anyone is interested:

PSVR2 Prescription Lenses released

We have just released our PlayStation VR2 prescription lenses:

https://vroptician.com/prescription-lens-inserts/playstation-vr2

Here are some highlights:

• Eye-tracking compatible
  • Designed with comfort in mind:
    • Generous cutout towards your nose (PSVR2 is quite tight between the lenses, so we left as much space as possible)
    • Low-profile (as low as the fresnel lenses allow)
  • Easy to install (and uninstall)
  • Premium lenses from Carl ZEISS Vision
We start shipping in about two week.

Hons VR Lens

Last edited:

scydrex

Reading this thread got me hype for the psvr2. Will get one as soon as possible. Looking forward to gt7 in vr. Brought gt7 for $40. My brother had a t150 and he gave it to me. Will do the ball bearing mod to improve it. I read it helps a lot. Brought the thrusmaster t3pm pedals and a gt omega apex stand. Later will add the shifter. Forgot to say i got a ricmotech hardmount for t150 to mount it to the base. Now will focus on getting the psvr2.
I will buy the psvr 2 by the end of the month or next month. When i get it will definitely get pavlov. Will check demeo, rez and pistol whip. Maybe horizon and kayak later. Already bought gt7 and have re8. Tried vr once a couple of years ago on pc in a racing game don't remember which one. Felt good and didn't get sick or anything.

Edit: own rez infinite ps4 via plus? Idk and the ps5 upgrade is only $10. Added pavlov in the wishlist and a couple of things.

Last edited:

DaveinAmaze

Neo Member

• Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistol Whip

Highly recommend Pavlov

man, Horizon: Call of the mountain is so damn good.

I fought a
Thunderjaw

and it was incredibly intense.

Yes, it's an on rails shooting game, but it was intense. I had to fight it three times (stupid deaths, and completely missed one of the fights gimmicks), and I was sweating and my shoulders were sore from holding up my bow and firing over and over and over, and turning and moving so much.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No it's not, and it's been proven not to be the case for years now. Hybrid didn't start in 2023.

i don't see why you would think GT7 and RE8 are going to be significant steps into making VR becoming a "mainstream" device anymore than RE7 and GT Sport did.

GT Sport was a mode and not the full game. And RE7 was on a VR system that had the gamer using the regular controller. But RE7 sold well though.

GT Sport was a mode and not the full game. And RE7 was on a VR system that had the gamer using the regular controller. But RE7 sold well though.
that doesn't change that VR is a couple of generations from mainstream. This is a wonderful headset, but the tech just isn't there or at the right price for wide adoption. It's an enthusiast device.

Minsc

Gold Member
that doesn't change that VR is a couple of generations from mainstream. This is a wonderful headset, but the tech just isn't there or at the right price for wide adoption. It's an enthusiast device.

Yes, it's my best gaming hardware purchase in a while (better than the PS5/Steam Deck/Switch OLED), but there's A LOT of room for improvement from everything I've read, which is super exciting. The PSVR3 should be 100% better in every way, and likely the PSVR4 once again.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

• Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistol Whip
On the games you mention I only have Kayak and I would'nt really recommend it. It is more an experience than a game, and there is not much content or things to do. I'm not saying it is bad, and it is definitely a looker, but I would choose something else if I were you.

R6Rider

Gold Member
absolutely obsessed with Pavlov, this is the future of shooter game. Played so much last night and everything just click and oh wow i can't stop smiling playing it .. had to clip some gameplay

Pavlov is indeed awesome. Do you play with the virtual stock?; hard to tell from footage.

Also, footage might look overall better if you enable Left Eye Render in settings. Right-eye (in your case) gives you sight view, but typically makes all gunplay far left of screen. While Left-eye would give no sight view, but maybe a better overall angle.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
absolutely obsessed with Pavlov, this is the future of shooter game. Played so much last night and everything just click and oh wow i can't stop smiling playing it .. had to clip some gameplay

Vr mp shooter is like grandparents game of badmintons lol. I know it's cool but it's awkwardly slow.
I kid you not, rec room deathmatch mode was pretty awesome with teleporting

Tygeezy

You don’t need to chamber a round when you haven’t used up all your rounds. You can just pop the clip in and it’s good to go.

Dev1lXYZ

Pivked up The Light Brigade last night, Pavlov the night before.

Pavlov is good, but you have to stand to play it the whole time, which I am just too tired after work to delve in to. The gun play is pretty good as long as you can HOLD the gun in your hand without dropping it.

Now, The Light Brigade CAN be played sitting down. It's gun play needs work, but it's still fun. My main complaint is that it takes far too long to load between areas on PS5 and takes you out of the experience.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Pivked up The Light Brigade last night, Pavlov the night before.

Pavlov is good, but you have to stand to play it the whole time, which I am just too tired after work to delve in to. The gun play is pretty good as long as you can HOLD the gun in your hand without dropping it.

Now, The Light Brigade CAN be played sitting down. It's gun play needs work, but it's still fun. My main complaint is that it takes far too long to load between areas on PS5 and takes you out of the experience.
Also the game is 60 fps reprojection which is just silly given the graphical detail.

scydrex

I will buy the psvr 2 by the end of the month or next month. When i get it will definitely get pavlov. Will check demeo, rez and pistol whip. Maybe horizon and kayak later. Already bought gt7 and have re8. Tried vr once a couple of years ago on pc in a racing game don't remember which one. Felt good and didn't get sick or anything.

Edit: own rez infinite ps4 via plus? Idk and the ps5 upgrade is only $10. Added pavlov in the wishlist and a couple of things.
Well this afternoon i recieved the best news from work. They told us they were going to give us a bonus today or tomorrow. Guess who is going to order a psvr 2. 😁

Last edited:

ABnormal

This is the difference an additional $500 makes.
Well, these comparisons are obviously not faithful to the actual real difference. To be so, they would have to be captured direct-feed, and shown on the same screen (same oled, or LCD, with HDR or not, etc.). Lenses difference also change the final result.
For example here I could only see it on my laptop screen, which is an SDR LCD, at 1080p.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well, these comparisons are obviously not faithful to the actual real difference. To be so, they would have to be captured direct-feed, and shown on the same screen (same oled, or LCD, with HDR or not, etc.). Lenses difference also change the final result.
For example here I could only see it on my laptop screen, which is an SDR LCD, at 1080p.

True. But even with that, I'm sure you could still see a massive difference between the two.

Last edited:

ABnormal

True. But even with that, I'm sure you could still see a massive difference between the two.
Of course. Even with the contraints, there are two generations of difference. Well, to be fair, we should also compare the same game (like Saints and Sinners 2, or similar), possibly one that pushes the tech (you would not see a major difference comparing beat saber).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
oh man... I feel like a complete fool for selling my ques1 two years ago.
That thing had oled, was very comfortable and easy to set and keep in sweetspot as I like the skiing googles design.
Also it felt premium with fabric materials. But the best thing? Playing doom3, return to castle wolfenstein, half-life and all that jazz, completely wireless on oled headset.
Shame that oculus is not meta, meta2 is lcd and you can't buy the quest 1 new :(
Sure, the pc integration was kinda trash but at least I could replay alyx.
Here goes hoping valve dekard is oled.
And I might buy psvr2 again if there are new straps and more games. Halo straps are the worst. Wobbly and little to 0 adjustments

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
That thing had oled, was very comfortable and easy to set and keep in sweetspot as I like the skiing googles design.
Also it felt premium with fabric materials. But the best thing? Playing doom3, return to castle wolfenstein, half-life and all that jazz, completely wireless on oled headset.
Shame that oculus is not meta, meta2 is lcd and you can't buy the quest 1 new :(
And I might buy psvr2 again if there are new straps and more games. Halo straps are the worst. Wobbly and little to 0 adjustments

Sounds nice, though when I jump in to PC VR I am hoping it will be with a newer headset than Quest 1! I can probably hold off until something new and shiny comes along or at least a few years with being new to VR and PSVR2's quickly growing library.

Maybe down the road there will be more mods for PSVR2, something that runs over the head too for additional support. And yeah, I hope to see 20+ AA/AAA games by the end of it's life, on the level of Wipeout/Astrobot/RE8/Alyx etc. And like 750+ lesser indie-but-still-fun ones!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
RE8 is unplayable for me in VR
the hands are all over the place and I can't figure how to reset it other then rebooting it.
Horizon doesn't have this problem, and is my stuff floating in front of me.
The adjustment doesn't do anything to help it

So far Horizon is the best game I've played on it.

Last edited:

Danknugz

just a warning to anyone who might be older and wary of hair loss, depending on how tight you wear your headset, if you're exepriencing hair loss it could make it worse / accelerate it. I started getting a bald spot on the back of my head after using oculus cv1 for a couple years.

i've since resolved it using rogaine but i'm fairly certain it was from using the headset too tightly. not sure if psvr2 has a strap across the top.

the scariest part about it is that no one tells you when you're going bald. i got lucky by noticing it in a picture of myself from the back.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
just a warning to anyone who might be older and wary of hair loss, depending on how tight you wear your headset, if you're exepriencing hair loss it could make it worse / accelerate it. I started getting a bald spot on the back of my head after using oculus cv1 for a couple years.

i've since resolved it using rogaine but i'm fairly certain it was from using the headset too tightly. not sure if psvr2 has a strap across the top.

the scariest part about it is that no one tells you when you're going bald. i got lucky by noticing it in a picture of myself from the back.

The halo design means it's gripping the sides and lower back area of your head.

TGO

No it doesn't, it's literally a visor/band type with soft rubber
How long was you playing for?

Right. My replacement turned up today, so I finally got to play. Decided I'll set up the play area, eye tracking ect while dinner was cooking. Anyway, dinner is now cold, dog is sulking and me and the wife had a whale of a time. Honestly, this is the nearest "Wow' factor in gaming since I was a kid. Was worried about Mura and screen door effect, god rays etc, but to be honest, I'm so engrossed in the gaming it's rarely noticeable. Only time I've noticed anything, is looking into the distance on track in GT7 which is a bit fuzzy. Sure this will improve as days go on.

GT7 is a whole new experience with a wheel, Puzzling places is a cozy, well set out, zen-like game, Pistol Whip is a all out sensory assault (especially squeezing sown the corridors) and drums rock is a real unsung hero as a rhythm game fan. I honestly can say I never got these feelings towards gaming on the OG PSVR, it's just a massive improvement all round. Still have Thumper, Rez, Tentacular and The light brigade to play

Quick questions, the Sense dock is a POS, yes? I can't seeming get these seated accurately, either that or they are still charged after an hour of gaming as the light pulses once and goes off again.

2, In Pistol whip, if you draw your gun near your face in the menu, is it blurry to you? Almost like feeling a bit drunk? Other games vary it seems (pieces in Puzzling pieces are a bit meh, drumsticks in Drums rock are relatively clear) but Pistol whip the guns look really well rendered, but it's just kinda don't look right up close. Same as the Steering wheel details in GT7

Last edited:

Tygeezy

The valve deckard is rumored to be micro oled which should be even better. Hopefully Mura is gone.

Last edited:

Boss Man

• Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistol Whip
Moss

You already have the best PSVR2 game (GT7) no reason to spend more IMO

Wonko_C

No Man's Sky question: can you use the DualSense controller for your starship? I remember seamlessly switching between the moves for on foot sections and the dualshock 4 for flying in the PSVR1 version of NMS. Is this still the case?

Last edited:

Synless

No Man's Sky question: can you use the DualSense controller for your starship? I remember seamlessly switching between the moves for on foot sections and the dualshock 4 for flying in the PSVR1 version of NMS. Is this still the case?
I’m pretty sure it uses the VR controllers exclusively. I hate the controls for it tbh.

Minsc

Gold Member

I guess I feel a little better about the skull caps I ordered to help keep the PSVR2 clean from the oils etc in my hair, they should additionally function as a buffer between the headset and my hair, keeping it straight and hopefully prevent the VR hat head I get after using it as well.

the hands are all over the place and I can't figure how to reset it other then rebooting it.

That sucks I don't get that at all unless I'm incorrectly loading/2-hand holding a gun. I assume you've tried all the regular stuff (tv off, alt. tracking mode, etc).

Pelao

My PSVR2 arrived last Friday. I've been playing it for a week now and I'm amazed at how well it works, and how I can spend hours and hours playing it without getting eyestrain like I did with the PSVR1. I've had sessions of up to 7 hours.
I've played a lot of Gran Turismo 7 on my G29, I'm on my second playthrough of Resident Evil 8, I'm close to finishing the Star Wars game, and I've played more Kizuna AI Touch the Beat than I'd like to admit :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I plan to buy the Moss 1 and 2 pack next week, and I haven't even touched No Man's Sky yet.
I guess I really can't put into words how happy I am with this purchase and how excited I am for future releases to come.

TGO

That sucks I don't get that at all unless I'm incorrectly loading/2-hand holding a gun. I assume you've tried all the regular stuff (tv off, alt. tracking mode, etc).
I don't what it is, but randomly happens usually with one of the arms, it doesn't start off that way so I don't know way all of the sudden I have a arm coming out my head.
Sadly you can't play it with the Dualsense like in RE7 so there's no way around it.

Synless

I’ve played a bit of RE8 and this is not happening to me whatsoever. My first instinct was to say faulty equipment… but not if other games are working as intended.

I wonder what is happening here.

Top Bottom