• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

consoul

So, I guess Fantavision 202X is no good?

Or is it just that no-one bought it at that price? Nobody is talking about it.

XXL

Just bought and downloaded Pavlov. Trying it for the first time tonight.
Gang Gang Neighborhood GIF by Quando Rondo

just a warning to anyone who might be older and wary of hair loss, depending on how tight you wear your headset, if you're exepriencing hair loss it could make it worse / accelerate it. I started getting a bald spot on the back of my head after using oculus cv1 for a couple years.

i've since resolved it using rogaine but i'm fairly certain it was from using the headset too tightly. not sure if psvr2 has a strap across the top.

the scariest part about it is that no one tells you when you're going bald. i got lucky by noticing it in a picture of myself from the back.
Disclaimer: vr can trigger hair loss

Kilau

just a warning to anyone who might be older and wary of hair loss, depending on how tight you wear your headset, if you're exepriencing hair loss it could make it worse / accelerate it. I started getting a bald spot on the back of my head after using oculus cv1 for a couple years.

i've since resolved it using rogaine but i'm fairly certain it was from using the headset too tightly. not sure if psvr2 has a strap across the top.

the scariest part about it is that no one tells you when you're going bald. i got lucky by noticing it in a picture of myself from the back.
Good, I could use some thinning of this fucking rat’s nest of curls.

But PSVR has no strap across the top.

naguanatak

So how would everyone rank the games you've played so far? For top 5, I'm going to have to go with;

1. GT7
2. Moss 2
3. Moss 1
4. Zombieland (surprisingly fun)
5. Horizon: CotM

1 No Man's Sky
2 Gran Turismo 7
3 Resident Evil Village
4 Kayak VR: Mirage
5 - - -

Had limited time, so only tested these 4 until now.
Looking forward to tonight and sunday to play more.

Turns out my headset actually has a dead pixel, but it's way in the corner of the left lens and completely unnoticeable unless it's a pitch-black scene and you're actually looking for it. I saw some people say that they're initiating replacements because of dead pixels, but I don't think it's worth the hassle in my case (just one pixel in a corner).

dorkimoe

Weird but today playing demeo

The right controller started makin weird noses like the triggers were activating the sense feature when I wasn’t even touching them just moving the controller around.

Also. I hope they add a clarity patch. It’s definitely blurry in some spots. Like looking thru a peep hole

Crayon

So how would everyone rank the games you've played so far? For top 5, I'm going to have to go with;

1. GT7
2. Moss 2
3. Moss 1

I've only tried 4.
1. GT7
2. Pavlov

er... horizon and nms. I've played like 30 hours of nms and I feel like I could play 30 more but they need to fix that shit. Meanwhile, horizon is a real showpeice.

Disclaimer: vr can trigger hair loss
lol.

The funny thing is that I think he actually believes what he's saying.

Baldness is is completely hereditary, it's not because of wearing hats of headsets, its plain and simnply a biological process. Male pattern baldness is just a fact of life for some men, and it will have it's way with you if it's in your genes.

I wish I could make myself bald. My grandfathers all died with full heads of hair, and my uncles on both sides are the same. I've been shaving my head since I was 12.

Minsc

Gold Member
lol.

The funny thing is that I think he actually believes what he's saying.

Baldness is is completely hereditary, it's not because of wearing hats of headsets, its plain and simnply a biological process. Male pattern baldness is just a fact of life for some men, and it will have it's way with you if it's in your genes.

I wish I could make myself bald. My grandfathers all died with full heads of hair, and my uncles on both sides are the same. I've been shaving my head since I was 12.
I dunno, it sounded like he was trying to say he was getting bald only in the lines where the headset was being attached to his head, but the part about there being a way to get the hair back sounds questionable, that stuff sounds like a money trap to me.

Dev1lXYZ

1) Light Brigade
2) GT7
3) Horizon
4) Pavlov
5) Kayak

Looks similar to my list. The Light Brigade clicked into place last night. Use the first rank point to open the pistol before putting them into anything else. That unlocks the pistol for use immediately. I thought it powered it up, but in fact it opens it up and *then* powers it up. Also, in holding the rifle with both hands, bring the hands close together, and you can aim a whole lot easier.

PanzerCute

Looks similar to my list. The Light Brigade clicked into place last night. Use the first rank point to open the pistol before putting them into anything else. That unlocks the pistol for use immediately. I thought it powered it up, but in fact it opens it up and *then* powers it up. Also, in holding the rifle with both hands, bring the hands close together, and you can aim a whole lot easier.
I played around an hour for now, didnt go very far but I love the game. Just waiting for them to patch a few stuff and add foveating rendering, which should happen very soon according to the devs (main dev is very active on reddit). Thanks for the aiming tip by the way!

SilentUser

I played around an hour for now, didnt go very far but I love the game. Just waiting for them to patch a few stuff and add foveating rendering, which should happen very soon according to the devs (main dev is very active on reddit). Thanks for the aiming tip by the way!
Oh nice to know! Such a cool game, hopefully they will be able to increase the resolution and improve graphics a little bit to make it even better. The gameplay is top notch!

Corian33

1. Pistol Whip
2. GT7
3. Pavlov
4. Moss 1
5. RE8

So far having a blast with everything I’ve tried. Pistol Whip is addicting. GT7 is the most fun I’ve ever had with a racing game. Pavlov is so much bang for your buck. I want to try everything, only so much time.

I dunno, it sounded like he was trying to say he was getting bald only in the lines where the headset was being attached to his head, but the part about there being a way to get the hair back sounds questionable, that stuff sounds like a money trap to me.
those lines are literally where male pattern baldness starts though, that's the thing. especially around the back.

He may have prolonged his balding at a cost, there are treatments to slow it, but he WILL go bald.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

1 No Man's Sky
2 Gran Turismo 7
3 Resident Evil Village
4 Kayak VR: Mirage
5 - - -

Had limited time, so only tested these 4 until now.
Looking forward to tonight and sunday to play more.
Your views on No Man's Sky in PSVR2 ? I have heard about all the blurriness and general bugs in the latest version, which some say is not the real PSVR2 patch. I really really want to get this game on PSVR2.

scydrex

Will order mine locally. I live outside USA and in my country there is a shop that will have by the end of the month for $650 and their warranty. If i order it from ps direct for $588.50 would still have to wait by the end of the month and no local warranty. Also will have to pay the shipping from FL to my country.

Will buy pavlov, rez infinite upgrade for 9.99, thumper upgrade for 4.99. Brought gt7 and have RE8 i finished but still will play it again. Not sure about kayak is it worth it? Light brigade? pistol whip? Would try demeo to see if i like it. Would like NMS but will wait to get better or more updates. Any other recommendation?

Last edited:
So, those with broken controllers, Did you get a day one Update for your Sense Controllers?

It seems it may have been pushed, but not everyone got it. I went through ~10 Youtube setup up videos and this was the only one that showed it. I had this day one, ended up having to sort a replacement and did not get any update yesterday with my new ones.

Not to say there is any corrilation, different batches may have different firmware, but its something that popped into my head.

Edit: Reddit Poll if you wish to vote.

Last edited:

Field

I guess we will all have severe widows peak in a few months considering where the front of the halo strap sits. But for real I doubt it is any worse than wearing a hat.

naguanatak

Your views on No Man's Sky in PSVR2 ? I have heard about all the blurriness and general bugs in the latest version, which some say is not the real PSVR2 patch. I really really want to get this game on PSVR2.
It's pretty blurry in comparison with other games. Controlwise due to the sense controllers and fixed bugs I had with the VR1 version it's perfectly fine.
No Man's Sky in general is a game with a lot of bugs and hickups. But Hello Games always work their asses off to fix these.
If you can wait hold off until there is official word on a patch for PSVR2, but I only read rumors, so I can't comment on when that will be the case.
Myself I'm very happy with the version we have, but I'm very partial to it, its my GOAT, so ymmv.
There is no other (vr) game I know of which can give you the feelings No Man's Sky can if you're into a simulated universe that can make you feel small, empty and lonely while exploring

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm loving GT7 and Horizon, I have RE8 but saving it to play after I finish Horizon. What is the best game to get to showcase shooting? Pavlov? Pistol Whip? I'm not bothered about playing online, just want to have fun blasting NPCs.

XXL

I'm loving GT7 and Horizon, I have RE8 but saving it to play after I finish Horizon. What is the best game to get to showcase shooting? Pavlov? Pistol Whip? I'm not bothered about playing online, just want to have fun blasting NPCs.
Pavlov is MP focused.

Pistol Whip and Zombieland are both SP focused. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Come to think of it - Why are there so few people discussing the Star Wars game? There's a free demo, and it blew me away! Truly felt like one of those "experiences" in a theme park!

casnix

1. GT7
2. Moss 2
3. Moss 1
1. GT7
2. Pistol Whip
3. Moss 1

Horizon makes me sick. It might be #4 though. Synth Riders or Thumper might be #5. I haven’t played Moss 2 yet. I’m afraid to even try Pavlov lol. I need to get Dramamine or something.

Minsc

Gold Member
I have trouble believe Horizon makes anyone sick, did nothing for me and I've never used VR and other games like GT7 and RE8 were way worse. Play standing and keep vignetting on low and keep snap turning on. Problem solved? I still use snap turning in Horizon even though I don't need it, just because it is less blurry.

Come to think of it - Why are there so few people discussing the Star Wars game? There's a free demo, and it blew me away! Truly felt like one of those "experiences" in a theme park!

For me there's way too much to play first. Star Wars is on my list, but further down.

dorkimoe

Bought zenith just to give it a go. So fucking stocked it has so many settings to prevent motion sickness. The vignette is basically all I need and now I can enjoy it to its fullest.

Hell yeah!

Next up..Pavlov

SilentUser

I tried the demo... I simply dislike Star Wars and have way too many things to play lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I have trouble believe Horizon makes anyone sick, did nothing for me and I've never used VR and other games like GT7 and RE8 were way worse. Play standing and keep vignetting on low and keep snap turning on. Problem solved? I still use snap turning in Horizon even though I don't need it, just because it is less blurry.

For me there's way too much to play first. Star Wars is on my list, but further down.

Same for me. I have like 4 games ahead of Star Wars to play first. But it's on the list.

Top Bottom