• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

XXL

Got any tips for the console maintaining the play area? My system keeps kicking me out requesting to re-scan while I play and it's starting to piss me off.

Is this because I'm facing a big white wall? I also can't seem to scan the ceiling as I have lamps there that need to be on for it all to work... Happens quite often when there is a lot of body movement in standing mode
You can increase the range of the "virtual wall" in the settings. Another things is to draw the play area larger than it needs to be in front AND behind you, go through furniture or whatever.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Are there any stories of VR causing eye damage? Last week, I played my PSVR2 for like 6 hours non stop. That night while I was laying in bed, suddenly the vision in my right eye cut off for a few minutes. Ever since, the vision in it has been kind of blurry sometimes and there is a "fullness" feeling in it. It feels like it's overworking.

XXL

Are there any stories of VR causing eye damage? Last week, I played my PSVR2 for like 6 hours non stop. That night while I was laying in bed, suddenly the vision in my right eye cut off for a few minutes. Ever since, the vision in it has been kind of blurry sometimes and there is a "fullness" feeling in it. It feels like it's overworking.
Are you new to VR? If so, I would play in smaller bursts to get used to it. I have never had that happen though.

Freeman76

Thinking of getting Pavlov but i would only play offline, is it worth it?

Also light brigade, is it more than 3-5 hours worth of content?

XXL

It has a shooting range which is amazing, a Bot mode and a Zombie mode. SP content is good, but MP is where it's at with this one.

Crayon

Really depends. There's not really single-player content as such. But experiencing all the mechanics even fighting against bots is kind of amazing. The bots are dumb as f*** and the zombie mode is super hard though LOL. So I wouldn't really recommend it as a single player 'game', but if you want to be just a tourist and see some hardcore chains-off VR gameplay then maybe worth it.

It goes way cheaper on PC so maybe wait for a sale?

Rob_27

Would love to buy one but im afraid i will get motion sickness from it , therefore im not buying it.
Just start off slow.

Moss 1 or something static.

My wife went balls deep into GT7 and felt quite sick. She was fine with Moss.

I've had a few VR headsets just fast turning makes me feel awkward. Buy some game can be configured to slow turn. I'm not keen on the snapping or what ever its called.

PanzerCute

The Light Brigade is a rogue lite so its kind of hard to say, but apparently you get at the very least 10+ hours of content if you just want to finish the game (ie beat the last boss for the first time).

But if you want to unlock and see everything the game has to offer, you have to spend way, way more time

Liljagare

See a optician?

Last edited:

aclar00

I've had a VR/3d effect where things appear as though theyre in a VR environment. Like my phone would appear to have more depth than usual. But iver never played that long. 30-45 min is like my max

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Here are the patch notes.
  • Fixed an issue that caused bases built next to some building types to become buried in the ground.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented recolouring of portable base building objects constructed outside of a base.
  • Fixed an issue that caused ship cockpit screens to flicker.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Galactic Trade Room on freighters to be non-interactable.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed cursor or stick sensitivity to be set to 0, preventing cursor use.
  • Fixed a bug that caused farmable plants to appear in the wrong visual state.
  • Fixed an issue that caused ByteBeat recordings to fail to save correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Featured Bases from being available to PSVR2 players.
  • The volume of the VR wrist projector’s opening sound effect has been reduced.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when exiting an Exocraft in VR.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented terrain tessellation detail from being rendered on PlayStation 5.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented controller vibration from functioning correctly on PlayStation 5.
  • Fixed a PlayStation 5 issue that could cause graphical corruption during warp.
  • Fixed an issue with sky rendering on Xbox One.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented system language selection from working correctly.
  • Fixed a number of issues that could cause stuttering.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some metadata used by mods to be stripped.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent discoveries from showing.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent expedition data from being successfully downloaded.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect discovery counts to be reported for discovery-based expedition milestones.
  • Fixed a number of network connectivity issues.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when playing with a controller on Linux OS.
  • Fixed a crash on boot that could affect PC players with integrated/multiple GPUs.
  • Fixed a crash related to derelict freighter procedural generation.
  • Fixed a number of rendering-related crashes.
  • Fixed a number of crashes related to multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crashed related to planet rendering.

Been watching reviews and psvr2 looks like an awesome piece of tech. Have tried Quest in the past and love VR experiences, there’s nothing like it.

If they were somehow able to make it a bit more lightweight / wireless and PC compatible would be ideal but I’ll probably be picking one up down the road, even if just for GT7 alone.

I did a few missions with bots on the first level of difficulty and they work well enough. Not the smartest but it can work. For other difficulty levels, I cant tell but I think it can be OK for the second one. Not sure about the 3 other difficulty levels tho.
I'm pretty sure that you can even solo the full game, but it would require a lot of skill. I've seen a video of a guy playing on Quest 2 destroying one of the hardest levels on top difficulty. But it's not gonna be easy!

I also understand and respect the fact that you don't want to play with other people, but believe me it's not bad at all: the vast majoity of players will remain muted and you won't get distracted by playing with others (and you can manually mute them too). And you can have some great surprise sometimes : I played with some dudes two days ago who didn't say anything during the game, but at the end of the mission we had to climb on an elevator and had to wait for a few dozen of seconds : one started to mimic a stupid danse, we all followed him and ended up burst out laughing like morons for 5 minutes.
Yeah I understand 🙂 thank you for the detailed info! I'm just the kind of guy that gets 100% put off by any kind of interaction or even sign of other players in my game. I can't stand playing Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc with online enabled for example. Just seeing other people's messages is enough to make me not want to play.

Can't really explain it, I just want to be left alone when playing, 100% independent (and oblivious) of other players.

Freeman76

I'm having some serious tracking issues with this thing. Its when i play games like Moss and Puzzling Places, the screen kind of bobs around a little. Its so offputting I had to stop playing. Its late at night so I'm playing with artificial light that isnt all that bright, could that be the issue? The hand tracking isnt great either, trying to play light brigade, 2 handing the rifle was wobbly as fuck and trying to aim with one hand I couldnt accurately hit anything so had to stop playing that as well. Very frustrating especially when I'm enjoying the games so much its hampering my sessions massively. I dont see many people having an issue with this so maybe my set up isnt good? I enabled the frame around the TV but that made no difference at all.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
XksCer3.jpg

Raonak

Banned
I'm having some serious tracking issues with this thing. Its when i play games like Moss and Puzzling Places, the screen kind of bobs around a little. Its so offputting I had to stop playing. Its late at night so I'm playing with artificial light that isnt all that bright, could that be the issue? The hand tracking isnt great either, trying to play light brigade, 2 handing the rifle was wobbly as fuck and trying to aim with one hand I couldnt accurately hit anything so had to stop playing that as well. Very frustrating especially when I'm enjoying the games so much its hampering my sessions massively. I dont see many people having an issue with this so maybe my set up isnt good? I enabled the frame around the TV but that made no difference at all.

It's probably the darkness.

Apparently there's this thing which can help, it fills the room with IR light to help PSVR track.

I'm having the opposite problem, where my ceiling lights are too bright, and causing tracking issues when I look up.

Field

I bought PSVR2 today. My first ever VR experience. Really happy with it so far. Started with the Horizon game. Mind blown sensing the scale of everything and feeling like being next to full size characters. Graphics also great. Then played the tutorial and beginning of REV. Can see it being much scarier this way.

Only negatives is the headset really has to sit right on your head for the image to look its best. And that I was starting to feel exhausted after playing for about 90 minutes.

PanzerCute

I don't know about everyone else but i can't stop buying stuff. Then can't decide what to play.
I have... 18 games already :|
And I already know number 19 is coming. Yes I still need to buy at least Demeo.
Yeah I understand 🙂 thank you for the detailed info! I'm just the kind of guy that gets 100% put off by any kind of interaction or even sign of other players in my game. I can't stand playing Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc with online enabled for example. Just seeing other people's messages is enough to make me not want to play.

Can't really explain it, I just want to be left alone when playing, 100% independent (and oblivious) of other players.
You are welcome, man. And I completely get what you mean: I used to be exactly like you. Being fully immersed and on your own in another world is really cool and other players definitely break that feeling, especially in VR.

SilentUser

You are welcome, man. And I completely get what you mean: I used to be exactly like you. Being fully immersed and on your own in another world is really cool and other players definitely break that feeling, especially in VR.
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

What a fantastic game! And look, it is almost time to play Demeo with my friends again :messenger_sunglasses:

Craving Season 8 GIF by The Office

Beechos

Damn sony directs turnaround time sucks. Got a doa day 1 psvr 2. shipped that shit back for an exchnage sony got it on monday and now im being told it can take 7-10 days to get my replacement. I shouldve just returned and just repurchase instead.

Last edited:

scydrex

Reading this thread got me hype for the psvr2. Will get one as soon as possible. Looking forward to gt7 in vr. Brought gt7 for $40. My brother had a t150 and he gave it to me. Will do the ball bearing mod to improve it. I read it helps a lot. Brought the thrusmaster t3pm pedals and a gt omega apex stand. Later will add the shifter. Forgot to say i got a ricmotech hardmount for t150 to mount it to the base. Now will focus on getting the psvr2.

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Oof got some motion sickness in Kayak VR. I thought maybe that may have been a safe choice.

I’ll try again later.

I have 120 games in my Meta Quest library… 😱

This is why I’m an old, jaded VR guy. 😅

hlm666

We probably wont really know for many years if it causes vision issues, kinda like how long it took for smoking and then vaping to a lesser degree to be confirmed to cause lung problems. There have been reports of it causing issues though, but there is no hard data/science to confirm it yet.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
For those playing FPS Games in VR.....

SMOOTH TURNING OR SNAP TURNING?

What say you.....I think Smooth Turning is the ultimate end goal, but my VR legs may need lots of stretching to handle it

MattVT

I have an odd question, but it’s driving me nuts. The screens that pop up in the headset to tell you things like “Press O to return to previous screen” or “Be sure to be holding your controller” (or something like that) are ever so slightly rotated counter clockwise. When I look at the floor, they snap to a true horizontal orientation. When I lift my head back up, I can pinpoint the exact spot it rotates back to being slightly askew. Anybody experiencing something similar?

Everything else is amazing. Games are great and loving it, but I can’t figure out what’s going on with those menu-like screens.

Fess

how long did it take for you to overcome the VR sickness?
Sorry for hijacking that question, I’ve never been able to overcome it fully but what works well for me is sitting on a swivel chair and combine smooth turning with rotating the chair by walking with my feet on the floor. I’ve played a ton of Skyrim VR that way. Only issue I have is running over uneven ground, but move slow and it’s fine.
In rare occasions I go for teleportation. Boring but better than feeling sick.

Bartski

Gold Member
You can increase the range of the "virtual wall" in the settings. Another things is to draw the play area larger than it needs to be in front AND behind you, go through furniture or whatever.
done all that but I'll look into the virtual wall size. It happens the most as I look up, and the scan doesn't let me scan the ceiling much due to, I'm guessing, lamps that are pointing at the cameras...

Top Bottom