• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Battle Trozei |OT| 3DS eShop puzzle/match 3 game

Majestad

Banned
art_PokemonBattleTrozeiLogo-e1392334953976.jpg

March 20th | 3DS eShop

Pokémon Battle Trozei is a Nintendo 3DS game where you battle Pokémon to capture them through fast-paced puzzles. Your goal is to Trozei every last Pokémon!

device.png

In Pokémon Battle Trozei, you make matches of the same Pokémon from among all the Pokémon that fill your Trozei Box—the large field of Pokémon on the lower screen. The Pokémon that appears on the top screen is the wild Pokémon that you are facing in battle. Line up 3 Pokémon in a row to clear your Pokémon from the box and to reduce the HP of the wild Pokémon. When its HP reaches zero, you will be able to Trozei that Pokémon!

As time passes, the wild Pokémon will also lash out to attack you in return. When you’re attacked by a wild Pokémon, the Trozei Box will lose some of its energy. The wild Pokémon you face may even try to get in your way! If the Trozei Box’s energy reaches zero, it’s game over.

There is lot more info on the website: http://www.pokemontrozei.com/en-us/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_pgQKVS1i0

Just hit the credits in the Japanese game last night with about 7 hours on the clock and
33%
of the Pokemon collected.

Fun little game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't know if I should get this and just hope Mario Golf is $30 as predicted or what...

Needs the biggest fact about the game; the composer of Pokemon Colosseum through Battle Revolution is back for this game. For the first time in 8 years he's back composing for a Pokemon game for Genius Sonority.

llehuty

Played the one from DS for the first time just a month ago and I enjoyed it. I'm curious about the battle mechanics.

Also, any way the OT could feature the European title of the game?

Pokemon Battle Trozei/Link: Battle |OT| or something like that.

terrisus

Random question, but,

When its HP reaches zero, you will be able to Trozei that Pokémon!

What does it mean to "Trozei" something? Is Trozei a word with a particular verb meaning?

Random question, but,

What does it mean to "Trozei" something? Is Trozei a word with a particular verb meaning?

It comes from the volitional form of the Japanese '取る・toru', which means 'to take'. In Japanese it is written as トローゼ in the game, which is basically 'let's take it, yeah!' In English it is meaningless. It refers to, at least in the Japanese version, when you do a combo of 4-icons followed by 3-icons and are then given the chance to clear the board by match pairs of icons instead of the usual 3. In the context you posted it means to capture the Pokemon.

ohlawd

Needs the biggest fact about the game; the composer of Pokemon Colosseum through Battle Revolution is back for this game. For the first time in 8 years he's back composing for a Pokemon game for Genius Sonority.
Majestad, you joker

Put this fact up on the OP right now. Dude is such a beast. Mostly interested in this game cuz of this composer.

Camjo-Z

PO-KE-MON
TRO-OH-ZEI
4 IN A ROW AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO

I never played the original but I sure do remember that ear worm commercial.

Grabbing this and Yumi's Odd Odyssey tomorrow for sure.

terrisus

It comes from the volitional form of the Japanese '取る・toru', which means 'to take'. In Japanese it is written as トローゼ in the game, which is basically 'let's take it, yeah!' In English it is meaningless. It refers to, at least in the Japanese version, when you do a combo of 4-icons followed by 3-icons and are then given the chance to clear the board by match pairs of icons instead of the usual 3. In the context you posted it means to capture the Pokemon.

Nifty. I had been wondering that ever since hearing about the name of the original DS version. Thanks.

terrisus

Wait a minute... I missed this before, but,

$7.99 I believe.

I was gonna make a Candy Crush reference, but Pokemon Trozei existed way before that shit.

Just $8? I'm interested. The icons have a pleasing look, and it appears all ~720 Pokémon are in the game.

This game is only $8? What the heck? I figured it was a standard $30-40 retail release.
I was on the fence about buying this at $30-40. If this is only $8, I'm buying it day 1.

ohlawd

PO-KE-MON
TRO-OH-ZEI
4 IN A ROW AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO

I never played the original but I sure do remember that ear worm commercial.

Grabbing this and Yumi's Odd Odyssey tomorrow for sure.
aww yiss 3DS gaming heaven tomorrow.

I'm buying both but I can't start them until the weekend probably :_;

Javier

You can catch EVERY Pokemon in this game? Sounds like dozens of hours.

With the eShop wallet unification, does this count towards the Wii U premium thing? Only way I'm buying this.
Nope, only stuff downloaded for your Wii U counts for the Digital Deluxe Promotion.

Zeppeli

Banned
Went to buy some shit on Wii U to get my $5 credit to throw towards this game and the eShop doesn't take Amex. In 2014! Get your shit together Nintendo!

gillty

Banned
Went to buy some shit on Wii U to get my $5 credit to throw towards this game and the eShop doesn't take Amex. In 2014! Get your shit together Nintendo!
AMEX transaction fees are rediculious, more like get your shit together Amex.

Fun little game, not an easy one.

7hr, currently world 8. 34% pokemon collected.

spoiler:
26 unknowns to collect is HARD

terrisus

Visa - It's everywhere you want to be!

But, yeah, if you're using American Express, you're relying on places accepting being gouged by high fees. Sorry, but not every place is. It's not a matter of "having things together," it's a financial choice.

If you're set on using American Express, buy a Nintendo Cash Card at a retail store with the American Express, and use that.

Robin64

Came out last week in Europe (13th March) as Pokémon Battle Link. Should really have this info in the OP. :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Looking forward to this, original was pretty cute...I liked the unorthodox plot and artstyle of the original, and wished this one had a Story Mode too. I believe James Turner was the one who did the characters as well, since they look his style.

Yep, excited for this, loved the music in those games.

Maybe he'll compose for more games, like that Pikachu Detective or "Pokken".

Off topic but I was just looking at the banner in the OT.. and theres only a few pokemon from the first few gens, yet you can clearly tell these are all pokemon, and using the same art style they all fit in perfectly. So much for the designs getting "worse over time".

Top Bottom