• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

gosox333

Betcha anything we'll have the first early recievers posting info by this time tomorrow.

Hell, it could even happen any time now. If anything were to leak today, it'd be most likely to do so right around now.

Thores

The ending of Black/White pretty much outed they were going to do a sequel, so why didn't they just keep the two kids from the previous outing/BW and just age them two years or whatever!? WHY!? They look 20x better than the kids here. :|

Because then they'd rob us the opportunity of fighting a "Champion Hilbert/Hilda" with a team of Level 85+ Pokemon during the postgame.

gosox333

Hoo boy, guide leaks!

First 3 towns, a route, and a screen of the map shown so far.

Legit spoilers:
Looks like you access Shizui town from Undella, and that you travel from Virbank to Castelia via underwater passage

gosox333

Seribii's got all the stuff on his site. I guess it's not the guide, but a magazine that previewed the guide. So that's all we're getting for now.

But it's way better than what we had before.

Excellent. I always look forward to perusing Serebii all day when a new Pokemon game launches in Japan

I hope this has some other neat features or easter eggs or whatever that we don't know about yet. Like an overhaul of EV and IV training!

..... sigh

First problem: Serebii. Can't really trust the guy for news these days after a few episodes he's had, though that shiny Patrat better be legit.

I like being able to see a Route's Pokemon line-up. I'd rather not change EVs and IVs, though.

Inukage

First problem: Serebii. Can't really trust the guy for news these days after a few episodes he's had, though that shiny Patrat better be legit.

I like being able to see a Route's Pokemon line-up. I'd rather not change EVs and IVs, though.

Watch Serebii get a "Purchased" copy of the game as soon as the Rom comes out...

shaowebb

I rocked out with Oshawott last game and I may just do the same this game. Snivy is pretty enticing though, but man did my wife get screwed with the nature on hers. So long as I can still get a leavanny though I'll be set since that bug/grass type cleaned house for me most matches. Surprise poke-bros were also found in Thro and Scrafty.

I missed Unova. Feels good to go back there.

Magnus

Version Exclusives

Exclusive to Black 2:

wHKJM.png

FFF9G.png

wAU8Y.png

Exclusive to White 2:

eowed.png

wWcqy.png

UIoLl.png

I'm confused. Does this mean...these are the only exclusives with regards to Gen V Pokemon only? But aren't Magmar/Electabuzz and their baby evolutions from Gen I and II-IV...?

Inukage

Page 1

TVs now have multiple channels to “watch”
Starting checklist: Talk to your mother, your rival and his sister, go see Bianca with your Rival, look out across the scenery as Bianca comes, choose starting Pokémon, Battle your rival, go to PokéCenter with Bianca, get running shoes and town map from your mother

Page 2

Your mother is friends with Alder, Unova’s previous champion
Alder’s home is in Sangi Town
New Route: Route 19
Route 19 is home to just Patrats and Purrloins

Page 3

New Route: Route 20
Route 20 is home to Sewaddle, Venipede, Audino, Pidove, Dunsparce, Patrat, Purrloin, and Sunkern
New Area: Sangi Ranch
Sangi Ranch is home to Lillipup, Audino, Patrat, Dunsparce, Pidove, Mareep, Azurill, Psyduck, and Riolu (rare)
Gym Leader Cheren uses a Patrat and Lillipup

Page 4

Tachiwaki City is home to Pidove, Elekid*, Magby*, Magnemite, Audino, Growlithe, Koffing, and Patrat
Gym Leader Homika uses a Koffing and Whirlipede

Credits to Pokejungle

gosox333

Hot damn, there's some pretty good guys available really early on. Rioulu, Elekid/Magby, and Growlithe all before the second gym is amazing.

I'm not importing this time. I imported White back in 2010 at release in Japan and I enjoyed it but now I'm far too busy. I'll just wait until October when they decide to release it here.

Top Bottom