• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

TheOGB

Banned
rCfZg.gif

Hype through the roof if true. If it does what I hope it does this game will be everything I had hoped it to be.

Boogiepop

I still have my fingers crossed that they'll finally realize the mess created by all the move tutors, tms, and events from past generations and at least put a little bit of focus on using move tutors or something to make the stuff that needs to come from, say, gen III games a little more accessible again. (IE, I really don't want to have to breed and then transfer up to present day in order to get, say, a Body Slam Togekiss.) Some things are just an absolute mess by now, and it's not exactly like they need them to remain exclusive to Emerald or anything as a selling point.

Edit: While I'm crazy speculating, imagine if they tied the TCG in as a "side-quest" in the main games, ala FFVIII/IX with their card game side games. Would be a really cool way to get a TCG game, which I've kind of been dying for. Of course it's unlikely they'd ever do such a thing, and if they were doing it here we definitely would've heard about it by now.

Izayoi

Banned
Well, it is mentioned that Alder is the former Champion.

I doubt that it will use your actual Pokemon, and instead will utilize at least a couple version exclusives to build a team around. My guess is it will only carry over your name. Still fucking awesome even if just that is true, though.

Alder's the retired former Champion, so he's going to be more important as a mentor figure. Hilbert's knew to the business of defending his title. The salary must be good for him!

Good job on the OP Scrafty! If we can connect our Black/White save to this, they I may just buy Black or White again and get started. If Shizui is last, hopefully it won't be like Emerald where the last gym leader AND the Champion use the same Pokemon type. Though I really doubt they would do that again...

Good job on the OP Scrafty! If we can connect our Black/White save to this, they I may just buy Black or White again and get started. If Shizui is last, hopefully it won't be like Emerald where the last gym leader AND the Champion use the same Pokemon type. Though I really doubt they would do that again...

Thanks! It's the product of 3 hours and countless imgur pages, and I'm pretty proud of it myself. Now if only certain people would read it before asking obvious questions... T^T

One day they are going to give Dunsparce an evolution and I won't know what to do with myself.

I eagerly await the day I score the climatic KO against my opponent with a Dunsparce evolution while uttering "You're Dun...

...sparce."

That OT felt a bit Dunsparse for my tastes, but it's still good stuff. Quotable, not focused on flashy pictures like some others, more intimate than normal.

Oh, you did NOT just use Dunsparce's name as a negative adjective!
/jokes

Thanks for the commenta, though. I tried to imbue it with some humour and my personal touch so it wouldn't be boring and bland to read like some other OPs.

Team PETA Plasma sure holds themselves to low standards. Acting out like Gen 2 Team Rocket with all of your
internal divisions and contracted researchers
is not going to work out well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of feels that way.

As a guy, I usually like using the female characters.
I just started replaying Platinum and chose the female character for the first time cause the male looks like such a dork.

Also: I'm very excited for BW2. I barely played BW after the Elite 4, and only barely remember it. My fuzzy memory of BW1 and all the new stuff should make BW2 feel pretty new. :)

PewPewK

So question. I've been studying Japanese at University level for two semesters now. My knowledge is poor, but not horrific. How proficient do you need to be at Japanese to really play/understand the story? From what I can tell, since the game is designed for kids they don't use very many kanji or overly complex grammatical structures. Could I get away with my limited knowledge of about 120 kanji and a few hundred vocab terms?

Thinking about buying the game in Japanese to get some practice in on reading skills, and it seems perfect cause it looks like its relatively easy stuff. Any comments from people who've played previous Japanese versions?

So question. I've been studying Japanese at University level for two semesters now. My knowledge is poor, but not horrific. How proficient do you need to be at Japanese to really play/understand the story? From what I can tell, since the game is designed for kids they don't use very many kanji or overly complex grammatical structures. Could I get away with my limited knowledge of about 120 kanji and a few hundred vocab terms?

Thinking about buying the game in Japanese to get some practice in on reading skills, and it seems perfect cause it looks like its relatively easy stuff. Any comments from people who've played previous Japanese versions?

You can switch between using kanji and katakana in the options, if that helps at all.

They're pretty easy to read, though I've never tried my hand at Japanese. Pokemon games are meant to at least start in an accessible manner, before they try to do anything difficult and, occasionally, subversive later on. Some of the humor might actually be more interesting in Japanese, so I'd try it just for that.

Truth101

Banned
Hope that in Pokemon 3DS we can play as the Hero or Rival. Maybe as a NG+?

The Japanese in Pokemon should be incredibly basic.

survivor

Banned
In 3 days, the online Pokemon community is gonna be very fun when everyone with a copy of the game is rushing to beat it and discover all the secrets.

Makes me feel glad I got my 3DS with me at the moment. On top of the new and improved Pokedex and other stuff incoming, Game Freak's done a good job of balancing their transition from DS to 3DS.

backlot

Woah, is this real 3DS streetpass or do I have to have the DS game on and in sleep mode to do it? If its the 3DS kind then holy shit...

Top Bottom