• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Lacunosa Town was done by Hitomi Sato, as was the arranged version of the tune. However: Ichinose gave the same exact treatment to Anville Town's town theme, which also got a special arrange at the end of the album release.

So: I think you've got the two mixed up. :}

Question:
Does eastern Unova ever unfreeze?

It doesn't freeze until after the seventh gym, and unfreezes at the conclusion of the Plasma plot. The ice was just to obscure the substantial changes to the map, really. Going through Eastern Unova is a necessary part of the game's progression, and it has two new towns in it and a buttload of landmarks.

ivysaur12

Banned
It doesn't freeze until after the seventh gym, and unfreezes at the conclusion of the Plasma plot. The ice was just to obscure the substantial changes to the map, really. Going through Eastern Unova is a necessary part of the game's progression, and it has two new towns in it and a buttload of landmarks.

I'm okay with this!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hasn't Heatran always had Earth Power? I was talking about Volcarona.

lol, I don't know why I searched Heatran. ;_;

Volcarona: Bug Bite, Giga Drain, Heat Wave, Magnet Rise, Roost, Signal Beam, Sleep Talk, Snore, Tailwind, Zen Headbutt

So I guess not. Back to HP Ground.

Ondore

iirc the in-game trades in bw had set IVs.

20 across the board with one key stat at 31, to be specific.

So if I'm importing my White 1 save data, and I use the same name for both... is that gonna create a time paradox? Or should I just grab a different name this time 'round?

After 15 years of diplomas and congratulations, finally, filling up the Pokédex has some great rewards behind it.

See all Unova Dex Pokémon; Professor Juniper gives you the License, which allows you to take a plane from Mistralton to the Nature Sanctuary, a far-off place with non-Unova Pokémon in the grass and a Shiny Haxorus to catch at Lv.60.
Catch all Unova Dex Pokémon: Professor Juniper gives you the Round Charm, which makes it more likely for eggs to appear at the Daycare.
See all National Dex Pokémon: Professor Juniper gives you the Shining Charm, which makes it more likely for Shiny Pokémon to appear.

Gruco

Banned
After 15 years of diplomas and congratulations, finally, filling up the Pokédex has some great rewards behind it.
That is awesome, and about time.

But man, I am going to hate importing in all my pokes from Black, as well as getting the data for the mid tier evolutions.

See all Unova Dex Pokémon; Professor Juniper gives you the License, which allows you to take a plane from Mistralton to the Nature Sanctuary, a far-off place with non-Unova Pokémon in the grass and a Shiny Haxorus to catch at Lv.60.
Catch all Unova Dex Pokémon: Professor Juniper gives you the Round Charm, which makes it more likely for eggs to appear at the Daycare.
See all National Dex Pokémon: Professor Juniper gives you the Shining Charm, which makes it more likely for Shiny Pokémon to appear.
Will the Shining Charm work on legendary encounters?

Will the Shining Charm work on legendary encounters?

I don't think anyone has managed to hack themselves one yet, so we don't know the mechanics. Bear in mind that some legendaries aren't available in shiny form in BW- Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom. Not sure if the same is true here.

I hope there's a prize for filling the National Dex.

Wiseblade

GAME OF THE FOREVER

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
But aren't shinies sucky?

Also how much is the boost? 50%?

That's like totally your opinion, man.

Weren't their IV's on the high end of the spectrum in GSC. I know they had a 0 in on stat, but close to max on most others.

Neat.

I'm guessing the Nature Sanctuary is that replacement for the Safari Zone, except better.

backlot

Does anything different happen if you catch all national dex Pokemon? Maybe that's where the diploma is hiding.

upandaway

I love this.

Finalow

more likely but HOW MUCH %.
it's a nice thing though.

also, since the male chara looks retarded I'll play with the female this time.

Ondore

There's a free Eevee (apparently postgame) at L10 in Castelia City.

It has the Eevee's hidden ability.

danielbryanyes.gif

ffdgh

so a reason to actually complete the dex? consider it done :D.

annd floatzel got shafted in tutors -____- but scrafty got outrage <3

Man, I am really liking the (PWT)
Champion Theme
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vMPHLp4fKk

More specifically, the beginning of the song (so good). This game, music wise, is super interesting to me. Aside from some weak remixes (with some being at the level of certain HGSS 'remixes'), but I can look over 'em.
HG/SS was miserable at points, I thought, and the Kageyama rearrangements felt like they were sequenced into the sound engine, and then he added percussion and more brass to make them feel "powerful". Even though the trumpets are gone from the Hoenn mixes in this game, though, they're still great arrangements due to the extra stylistic embellishments one can hear throughout the piece. These techno rearranges are generally done with a lot of care, and it reminds me of Masuda's whole shtick with techno being one of his biggest influences in regards to the battle themes.

Now that I think about: This whole game is sort of a send-off to the man, now that Takao Unno and Shigeki Morimoto are likely to be the new star directors from now on (though I could be wrong, we'll have to wait and see). More reasons for the ending theme to be done by Ichinose, mark my words!

Top Bottom