• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

So dragoon, what do you think of this guy's post?
That won't work on me. Utuber made reconstructions based off of what he heard in the TV streams, and those were inaccurate. Everything got better once I heard the real thing: the rival theme's better-developed, Aspertia City's got a lot more running time, and so forth.

Ultima_5

So... I'm getting confused. I was reading about the Pokémon Dream Radar 3ds game thing, and have a couple questions about it...

Has that been released yet?
The pokemon you find in it, do they have their dream world abilities, and if so do we know what pokes are available?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How good was Fire Red and Leaf Green?

I just ordered a used GBA SP with the enhanced screen. For some reason I put the silver remake down after 2 or 3 gyms and haven't played my copy of Black yet, so I don't know if I should pile another game on top of those.

Ultima_5

How good was Fire Red and Leaf Green?

I just ordered a used GBA SP with the enhanced the screen. For someo reason I put the silver remake down after 2 or 3 gyms and haven't played my copy of Black yet, so I don't know if I should pile another game on top of those.

Personally, they're my favorite games in the entire series. Sprites are very pretty, and has an amazing nostalgia kick if you played the originals

Has that been released yet?

It came out in Japan yesterday, with BW2, so will presumably do the same in the West.

The pokemon you find in it, do they have their dream world abilities, and if so do we know what pokes are available?

We know you can get the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus in them, which have different abilities to their Incarnate formes, and we've seen screenshots and reports of Ralts, Riolu and Munna. I don't think we've had any confirmation if they have their Dream World abilities, though.

Yep; as long as one of you have beaten the Elite 4 at some point, the key can be transferred between you. I believe you can have the key transferred to you at the very start of the game, if you like.

Sounds good. That's what I'll be doing after my first run through of the game. Then how come no one has uploaded gym leaders challenge mode information? I guess no one has tried it yet?

Ultima_5

It came out in Japan yesterday, with BW2, so will presumably do the same in the West.

We know you can get the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus in them, which have different abilities to their Incarnate formes, and we've seen screenshots and reports of Ralts, Riolu and Munna. I don't think we've had any confirmation if they have their Dream World abilities, though.

Damn... I'm hoping they do and theres a wide range of pokes available. I sort of want to get back into competitive battling and the alternate abilities only being available using that online portal scared me off....

Sounds good. That's what I'll be doing after my first run through of the game. Then how come no one has uploaded gym leaders challenge mode information? I guess no one has tried it yet?

Basically. I think people like Serebii are more concentrated on squeezing everything out of the postgame rather than combing through the main quest again ATM.

The difficulty key isn't the only key, either; keys exist to swap between Black City and White Forest, and to unlock either Registeel or Regice, depending on the game.

I'm guessing this is something we'll see more of in the series' future.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Damn... I'm hoping they do and theres a wide range of pokes available. I sort of want to get back into competitive battling and the alternate abilities only being available using that online portal scared me off....

At this point, it's pretty easy to find people that'll trade you female offsprings with the abilities to pass down and avoid Dream World entirely.

cvxfreak

Looking at the list of available legendary Pokemon, it's remarkable how Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver are looking to become obsolete/unnecessary already.

It wouldn't surprise me if in 4 years, we got games (such as Gen 6 Ruby/Sapphire remakes) that made today's Black 2 and White 2 unnecessary.

They're ending the DS generation full-bore, so I'm thinking they're usually going to try and cram in as many sweet treats as possible for the last game they do for a certain platform.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Looking at the list of available legendary Pokemon, it's remarkable how Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver are looking to become obsolete/unnecessary already.

It wouldn't surprise me if in 4 years, we got games (such as Gen 6 Ruby/Sapphire remakes) that made today's Black 2 and White 2 unnecessary.

At least, you still need HGSS for first two generation legendary pokemons. I'm very glad that they added Regi3 to make it easier for me to not playing emerald.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rumor is Sheer Force no longer negates Life Orb damage. vadernooooo.gif if true.

I'll test for myself when I have the chance..

Music in this game is too good. The rival theme, I could listen to it all day.

I'm currently addicted to the Champion's Theme. It reminds me of Mario Kart's Rainbow Road themes; epic, without being heavy in the manner of previous champions.

And the remixes; my God, the remixes. The Plasma theme, Ghetsis, N, all the gyms, all the World Tournament themes; my favourite is the godly Sinnoh Leaders remix.

Alfalfa

Neo Member
I'm not gonna lie: This is probably the first game in the series that makes me want to get both versions instead of just one. There's so much awesome stuff both shared and separate that I don't want to pass up one for the other.

Nori Chan

I'm not gonna lie: This is probably the first game in the series that makes me want to get both versions instead of just one. There's so much awesome stuff both shared and separate that I don't want to pass up one for the other.

Haven't really followed it that much, but I'll pick it up for sure. What's the differences between the two? Besides the pokemon obtained in one version of courese.

Haven't really followed it that much, but I'll pick it up for sure. What's the differences between the two? Besides the pokemon obtained in one version of courese.

Opelucid City, Route 4 and Rebirth Mountain vary by version, Black City is found in Black 2, White Forest is in White 2, and Registeel and Regice are Black 2 and White 2 exclusive respectively.

However, with the new Key system, some of these can be swapped by connecting the games; after connecting, you can swap between Black City and White Forest at will in both versions, and Regice and Registeel can be swapped as well.

Bumhead

Banned
I take it all the text is in Japanese with this, without an option for English? Can everyone playing this read Japanese or are folks not getting too hung up on the story?

Also, how does region locking with the 3DS work with DS games?

Azure J

I think at this point, I'm mostly returning to the thread for all the music posts. Glad to see Ichinose doing more of his thing with this soundtrack. He fucking blew me away with Lacunosta Town's theme (and dat remix) alone in the first Unova games.

DMG-01

I take it all the text is in Japanese with this, without an option for English? Can everyone playing this read Japanese or are folks not getting too hung up on the story?

Also, how does region locking with the 3DS work with DS games?
I can understand enough now, but I've played through plenty of pokemon games in Japanese with pretty much no knowledge easily enough. And yeah, the there's just about no English (unless you count the letter N).

Top Bottom