• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

You can also fight game designer Koji Nishino once a day in the GameFreak building. He uses:

Clefable
Wigglytuff
Azumarill
Alomomola
Lickilicky
Snorlax

Busaiku

C'mon, dawg. We had a Jirachi event in 2010. Outside of that fraudulent Pokémon Ranger multiplayer download mission, we haven't had a chance to obtain Deoxys since 2008.

And that was at an American-Gamestop-only event.

Yeah, but a Jirachi shirt would be better.

ruimound

Release Date in October? That feels so far away :( I'm actually pretty excited for this game. It looks like a good time.

I've been out of touch with the Pokemon universe for a while. Any word on whether the locked legendaries (Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo?) are accessible yet? It was kind of annoying dishing out over a hundred hours into the first game but being unable to complete the Unova dex.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I haven;t found any pics of the bottom screen UI yet. Is it the same as black/white or did they go back to the ultimate that was HeartGold/SoulSilver?

Actually, based on that recent promotion, I wouldn't count on Mewtwo being as upfront outside of long-timers, either. Like that last promotion, where we got Arceus (you almost got there, Ditto...)

Also, that trade routine is hilariously convoluted. But it also sounds semi-cool, like some sort of sidequest. Maybe there's some sort of story that develops between you and said trade character, which is why they're willing to give up so many DW Pokemon for pretty much anything.

Wichu

I haven;t found any pics of the bottom screen UI yet. Is it the same as black/white or did they go back to the ultimate that was HeartGold/SoulSilver?

Unfortunately it's much the same as B/W. Though I have to say I prefer the PC interface in B/W to that in HG/SS (IIRC if you were using the touchscreen controls like any sane person, you couldn't switch boxes while holding a Pokémon in HG/SS).

Slermy

Unfortunately it's much the same as B/W. Though I have to say I prefer the PC interface in B/W to that in HG/SS (IIRC if you were using the touchscreen controls like any sane person, you couldn't switch boxes while holding a Pokémon in HG/SS).

Ugh.

I was wondering this too; what a disappointment. They've improved everything else, why couldn't the fix this?

Wiseblade

Actually, based on that recent promotion, I wouldn't count on Mewtwo being as upfront outside of long-timers, either. Like that last promotion, where we got Arceus (you almost got there, Ditto...)

Also, that trade routine is hilariously convoluted. But it also sounds semi-cool, like some sort of sidequest. Maybe there's some sort of story that develops between you and said trade character, which is why they're willing to give up so many DW Pokemon for pretty much anything.

Yeah, but I feel like if asked "who would win in a fight/who do you like more: Mewtwo or Arceus?" then people vote vote for the former.

I have to admit though, speedy trades/battles are nice and I'm sure Japanese schoolchildren LOVE Pokétwitter.

TheOGB

Banned
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

Some of this stuff is ridiculous if properly ranked up.

You get new people by doing any form of connecting so it should be too hard...Hopefully.
Wow, most of this stuff is really catering :)p) to competitive types. Especially those shops that allow for massive EV redistribution at max level. Basically like spending money to make training faster. Awesome.

Oh lordy, hope those spray sets are discounted (48 Max Repels at a good price = excellent). If so, I'll be buying up a ton of them, lol. Looking at the other sets, they seem to be standard E4 stuff, with Hyper Potions, Full Heals, Revives, and X items for that 'special situation'. (Not even the max items, they know us well :p)

DMG-01

I was about to make a post complaining about never being able to streetpass enough people to unlock all of that cool stuff, but Serebii says that you can unlock stores via wifi so I'm now pretty pumped!

ffdgh

egg hatching shortcuts. check
ev training easy mode. check
rare candy obsolete. checkers

whoever is running bw2 is a genius

RagnarokX

How is this now different? Explain this to me like I'm five.

Um... now you can take your pokemon to a dojo and pretty much instantly max its evs in a stat with a button press instead of spending hours fighting specific random battles?

Oh no, you won't stealth edit me! REWIND!

Don't care for the EV stuff but all of this is real interesting. Kind of cool to see them catering to those sort of players. I just want the gym leaders to visit my shop...

Top Bottom