• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Heh, I remember chatting to Serebii back on Pokemasters (which seems to be a shadow of its former self) when he was preparing to launch the site. Always seemed like a bit of an odd dude.

He's a nice enough chap; bit arrogant, maybe, but he rarely comes off as anything but pleasant.

Often chat to him on another forum.

Firestorm

Heh, I remember chatting to Serebii back on Pokemasters (which seems to be a shadow of its former self) when he was preparing to launch the site. Always seemed like a bit of an odd dude.
He blew off a 9 year old kid who said he was a fan of the site and just walked away back in 2006 :(

...I think my post above probably needs an "In My Experience" put on the end of it. :s
So what do I have to do to be able to use the basic browser functions of "copy" and "paste" on his site?

Oh, right, go to a site that isn't operated by a giant *censored*
...Or use Chrome.

EDIT: Or Internet Explorer.

Ondore

So what do I have to do to be able to use the basic browser functions of "copy" and "paste" on his site?

Oh, right, go to a site that isn't operated by a giant *censored*

Actually, the "no copy" thing has been removed for a long time by now. Never really understood why it was there anyway... just made things inconvenient.

In fairness, I can see why he tried; there was undoubtedly a problem with people stealing his articles and stuff like that.

It's right that he removed the restriction, though.

Well, it's sort of like he put bad DRM on his site - highly inconvenient to regular users, doesn't actually stop determined users from copying content.

Wasn't he also stealing articles

I wouldn't put it past him, considering he pirated Black and White so he could get early coverage and then claimed that the game's anti-piracy measure (the inability to earn experience in battle) was a new "feature" of the game. He got cease and desisted so haaaaaaaaaard.

Wasn't he also stealing articles

He may well have at some point, I honestly don't know. Could you point me towards a link with some details, please?
I wouldn't put it past him, considering he pirated Black and White so he could get early coverage and then claimed that the game's anti-piracy measure (the inability to earn experience in battle) was a new "feature" of the game. He got cease and desisted so haaaaaaaaaard.

That's... not why he got ceased and desisted. He got C&D'd because he used sprites that Melkor from Pokexperto provided for him, and quite a few other websites (Pokebeach and Pokejungle included) got slapped with the same sort of thing.

Christ, I hate to be seen as some sort of Serebii apologist, but let's not demonise him unnecessarily.

backlot

That's... not why he got ceased and desisted. He got C&D'd because he used sprites that Melkor from Pokexperto provided for him, and quite a few other websites (Pokebeach and Pokejungle included) got slapped with the same sort of thing.

Christ, I hate to be seen as some sort of Serebii apologist, but let's not demonise him unnecessarily.

Even if it wasn't why he got the cease and desist it doesn't change the fact that he did pirate the games.

entremet

How's the post game? I just beat the Champion and I'm kinda fatigued on Pokemon. I played B1 right before this. Probably not the best idea lol.

smr00

Banned
Is anyone playing on a 3DSXL or has anyone played it on one?

I don't own a normal DS so i am wondering how blurry it is on the XL, also if the bigger screen is a problem can you still scale the game down like on the 3DS? Or is that disabled on the XL?

Wichu

I don't own a normal DS so i am wondering how blurry it is on the XL, also if the bigger screen is a problem can you still scale the game down like on the 3DS? Or is that disabled on the XL?

It's fine on the XL. I'd recommend playing in 1:1 mode on that (hold Start or Select when starting the game) - it's roughly the same size as a DSi screen.

Slermy

I tried it briefly with the "full screen" scaling on my 3DSXL. It was okay, but I still just use my DSi for my Pokémon games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Better on the 3DS XL, but not as pretty as it is on either my DSi, or DSiXL.

I have temporary wifi today until I can fix mine at my house. Hoping someone can trade/trade back Latios so I can finish my pokedex in W2.

hello everyone,

I am totally new to Pokemon, and I finished the White 2 main line, (Elite 4) it was awesome, so bummed I missed out on this great series until now. My Question is there a way to fill the national pokedex without trading with someone in person, because I do not know anyone plays black 2? thanks for the heads up this thread is great by the way!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
hello everyone,

I am totally new to Pokemon, and I finished the White 2 main line, (Elite 4) it was awesome, so bummed I missed out on this great series until now. My Question is there a way to fill the national pokedex without trading with someone in person, because I do not know anyone plays black 2? thanks for the heads up this thread is great by the way!

You can use the Global trading system (GTS), but you need wifi.

Great thank you for the tip! As a new player is there anything else I should look out for, in terms of trades?

Here's a list of Pokemon in Black 2 but not White 2. And a list of Pokemon not found in neither Black 2 nor White 2.

If you have Wifi access, you don't have to restrict yourself to trading on the GTS. Ask here or in the other Pokemon community thread and there will probably a GAFer willing to help out with reasonable requests.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Great thank you for the tip! As a new player is there anything else I should look out for, in terms of trades?

If you can get a guy from a different country, like my japanese houndoom (that got deleted when my brother decided to start a new game on my cart >.<) you get a star or whatever it is on your trainer card, also your dex opens up and makes breeding for shines easier (or so I've been told) and other stuff. Basically it's worth it to get something in a foreign language.

Firestorm

Ok. TPCi just released a whole crapton of information about tournaments and the first online tournament is next week. I think it's time I got the mirror. Is it cheapest to just use your credit card on your 3DS directly? Is that even possible? What do I gotta do to get Therian formes with the least amount of effort?

If you can get a guy from a different country, like my japanese houndoom (that got deleted when my brother decided to start a new game on my cart >.<) you get a star or whatever it is on your trainer card, also your dex opens up and makes breeding for shines easier (or so I've been told) and other stuff. Basically it's worth it to get something in a foreign language.

sweet I will try and see what I can do, I am still figuring out the who system, so these tips are great!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Say, if I activate the funfest mission regarding trainers (e.g. defeat martial artists, defeat ace trainers) will this "reactivate" the defeated ace trainers that I have already beaten?

Only in 'Merica. Whyyyyyyyy? /cry

If the Goth pokemon is a sign, I bet you can use any code but only one code per Game Sync. It also means you can only have 1 Sinnoh starter.

Wichu

Say, if I activate the funfest mission regarding trainers (e.g. defeat martial artists, defeat ace trainers) will this "reactivate" the defeated ace trainers that I have already beaten?

I don't think so - doesn't it spawn new ones for you to beat instead?

Chopper

What the fuck is a funfest mission? I think I accumulated a load of them during the main story, but it struck me as just another weird addition to the series that was completely ignorable.

Boss Doggie

What the fuck is a funfest mission? I think I accumulated a load of them during the main story, but it struck me as just another weird addition to the series that was completely ignorable.

It's a very good way to get certain items faster (e.g. shards) due to the mission as well as getting pass orbs and pass powers (which uses pass orbs).

It's in Extralink -> center tree. Pass powers give you stuff like increased likelihood of shaking grass/dust clouds/water spots, for instance.

Chopper

It's a very good way to get certain items faster (e.g. shards) due to the mission as well as getting pass orbs and pass powers (which uses pass orbs).

It's in Extralink -> center tree. Pass powers give you stuff like increased likelihood of shaking grass/dust clouds/water spots, for instance.
Do I need another person to play with me?

Boss Doggie

Do I need another person to play with me?

Nope.

Although other pass powers require you to go to another player version to increase your level of other color. See, you have two levels there, White and Black. Depending on your version, you only level up one color by doing your own funfest missions. That's fine since there are already plenty of pass powers that requires only one colored level, but some require a certain amount of level from another game.

With that said, the most useful one (Exploration Power, increases phenomena occurrence) requires you to only do the tutorial.

upandaway

Seems like I settled into a daily schedule finally. Takes me about 7-8 minutes if I include the swarm, though I got most of them already.

1. Go to Iccirus -> Twist Mountain to get a fossil (not long till I get rid of this step)
2. Go to Undella, call Yancy and pick up a Flute (easy ~8k monies/day), and pick up heart scales and pearls on the way (usually 1 each at least)
3. Go to Nimbasa, buy EV reducing berries and call Yancy in the 3 close locations. Usually where I check for the daily swarm too.
4. Roll from there to the Avenue for the daily points

If I feel like it I also go to some more Yancy locations, but it's a bit of a pain. Mostly just those from both sides of Opelucid.

Anyway I'm going full into Pokedex completion now (1 of every #). I'll start transferring dudes from 4th gen this weekend.

My little cousins were playing Pokemon on Christmas day and it made we wanna jump back in. I can never bring myself to delete a save file, so I just bought this game so I could start a new adventure.

It's a lot better than I was expecting it to be. Is the Dream Radar app worth buying? I really want this guy...

tornadus-therian.jpg

Wichu

Seems like I settled into a daily schedule finally. Takes me about 7-8 minutes if I include the swarm, though I got most of them already.

1. Go to Iccirus -> Twist Mountain to get a fossil (not long till I get rid of this step)
2. Go to Undella, call Yancy and pick up a Flute (easy ~8k monies/day), and pick up heart scales and pearls on the way (usually 1 each at least)
3. Go to Nimbasa, buy EV reducing berries and call Yancy in the 3 close locations. Usually where I check for the daily swarm too.
4. Roll from there to the Avenue for the daily points

If I feel like it I also go to some more Yancy locations, but it's a bit of a pain. Mostly just those from both sides of Opelucid.

Anyway I'm going full into Pokedex completion now (1 of every #). I'll start transferring dudes from 4th gen this weekend.

Mine is based around Nimbasa.
- Join Avenue recommendations.
- Raffles at Join Avenue raffle shops.
- Get EV reducing berries off the girl on the other side of the west gate.
- Fight the sportspeople at the sports domes, as well as any Gentlemen/Socialites/Rich Boys/Ladies/Ace Trainers/Veterans. Sportspeople give $12400-$12800 each as well as a free vitamin item, Gentlemen/Socialites/Rich Boys/Ladies give over $20000 each, Ace Trainers give a PP Up when defeated, and Veterans a PP Max (!).
- If I have some extra time, I fight the old Gym Leaders in Striaton City; they pay out over $30000.

I should start visiting Undella for Heart Scales too.

I can get over $100000 and 6 vitamins a day doing this, as well as the occasional PP increasing item. I then spend the money in one go once my Join Avenue has a sale.

upandaway

That's pretty cool. The sports take up a lot of time for a daily route but I should attempt them once in a while.

Just realized yesterday that I somehow lost my Manaphy in my Platinum which made me depressed and I lost the will to live. Can't find him on any of my games... ARGH. I really hope someone could lend me a Manaphy when the time comes :(

I still have my Phione too, how the hell did I manage to lose the most troublesome guy I could have possibly lost? This is the worst thing ever seriously.

This thread seems pretty dead, but...

I've beaten the E4 and now I'm looking to build a complete team. This is what it looks like so far.

Serperior Lv.60
Arcanine Lv.56
Azumarill Lv.55
Tornadus Lv. 49 (Did end up getting that app. Meh)
Mamoswine Lv.65
Zoroark Lv.73 (I gave him Exp.Share for a few hours...)

I've grown pretty attached to Mamoswine and Arcanine and Zoroark's ability is too fun online. Serperior is alright, but I'm open to suggestions for a better grass type. Tornadus and Azumarill definitely need to go.
So, what's the best way to go for water and grass types? And what should I replace Tornadus with? Been thinking about Psychic something, but can't decide between Ralts, Gothita or Munna to train.

Top Bottom