• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Small Mailman said:
Am I the only person here who thinks that R/B still have the best looking sprites? These ones we have today are fine and look just like cartoons, but the R/B ones had pizazz!

Spr_1b_102.png
over this
Spr_5b_102.png
anyday.

Green 4 lyfe

Aborted Mew head ftw

Izayoi

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Okay guys, this is eating me inside like a Heatmor would do to a Durant. I swear part of the
Zekrom/Reshiram
battle theme (not really a spoiler since you pretty much already know from the beginning you're fighting them) borrows a lot from Kanto Route 3/4 etc. theme.

Please tell me it's just not me! Here's the links:

Pokémon B/W
Reshiram/Zekrom
Battle Theme
(at 0:31)

Pokémon HG/SS Route 3 Theme (at 0:22)

I couldn't be the only one who thought of this... right? :|
It's one of several different themes used in Pokemon music since the very beginning. See also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPz7yklWrA&hd=1

Izayoi

Banned
Small Mailman said:
I just like how R/B made them a little more monstrous looking. They dropped that completely and now I just want to cuddle them all. I shouldn't want to cuddle a Gyrados!
I would still advise against cuddling a Gyrados.

GrL5Z.png

hypersheep said:
Not what happens in my experience. Instead it will use attract and then proceed to takedown and doubleslap you to death, with the occasional secret power that puts you to sleep.
Always Helping Hand and Healing Beam for me. Feels terrible.

udivision

Small Mailman said:
Am I the only person here who thinks that R/B still have the best looking sprites? These ones we have today are fine and look just like cartoons, but the R/B ones had pizazz!

Spr_1b_102.png
over this
Spr_5b_102.png
anyday.
That makes the 13 years thing even worse if you actually prefer the older ones...

OMG Aero

I don't suppose anyone has suggestions of nicknames for a Galvantula? I'm ready to fight the Elite Four and everyone on my team except Galvantula has a nickname because I can't think of anything.

Gravijah

OMG Aero said:
I don't suppose anyone has suggestions of nicknames for a Galvantula? I'm ready to fight the Elite Four and everyone on my team except Galvantula has a nickname because I can't think of anything.

AfroThunder.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SS Aqua is probably my fav in the series, actually.

And the final gym Pokemon music in B/W just reminds me of the HG/SS opening/the music that was always playing on the official website. It's still great though, one of the best in the game.

Izayoi said:
Also, been grinding on Audinos recently, GAF?

Audinos creep me out and I have no problem butchering them en masse.

UltimateIke said:
It's the special version of Earthquake. I thought it was pretty good. :(

I remember using it with a Choice Scarf Heatran in my old team. I had no complaints about it.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
SS Aqua is probably my fav in the series, actually.

And the final gym Pokemon music in B/W just reminds me of the HG/SS opening/the music that was always playing on the official website. It's still great though, one of the best in the game.

Actually, I hate that it interrupts the Gym Battle music. Shit is so good.

Zzoram

Why are moves like DoubleSlap in the game? They're insanely weak and take forever to animate. It's like they exist just to annoy you.

Raxus

DoomXploder7 said:
RSE has a good deal of my fav music from pokemon though all the gens music is awesome.
Everything Team Plasma themed was awesome
Ghestis, N, and the general TP theme
. Dunno if any other music sticks out in my mind though.

Izayoi said:
I think that reason Gen V is my favorite is because there's just so much variety.

From
N's Castle
N's Room
(one of the most haunting themes in all of Pokemon, I think) to the Cover Legendary theme and the godlike credit theme and the
final N
battle
(arguably the best Pokemon battle theme ever). Not to mention Victory Road (and its buildup) and the High Link theme and Wonder Bridge.
When I heard
N's caste
for the first time that's when I said this is the best pokemon game ever. I love it so much.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
I think that reason Gen V is my favorite is because there's just so much variety.

From
N's Castle
N's Room
(one of the most haunting themes in all of Pokemon, I think) to the Cover Legendary theme and the godlike credit theme and the
final N
battle
(arguably the best Pokemon battle theme ever). Not to mention Victory Road (and its buildup) and the High Link theme and Wonder Bridge.

I actually don't like the credits theme much. :/ Too upbeat.

Andrex said:
The truth.

Hey, the trumpets were awesome.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Was I the only one disappointed by
Ghestis's music?
Was really empty and lacking any kind of punch at all. It was barely music, even

Gravijah said:

Upbeat is how the game ends, though...

Gravijah said:

But not as awesome as piano and guitar, which are used to much greater effect in Gen 4.

Izayoi

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
When I heard
N's caste
for the first time that's when I said this is the best pokemon game ever. I love it so much.
The ending of the entire game is so well done that I forgot I was playing Pokemon for a while there, just wandering through the halls of
N's Castle
. So fucking amazing. If they find a way to make the rest of the game like that in Gen VI I don't know what I'll do with myself.

Small Mailman said:
Izayoi, I like your attitude,we must battle regularly once I get B/W.
You're on. Not a huge competitively battler but casual stuff is definitely cool with me.

Gravijah said:
Really? I thought it was just perfect how it ended.

N speaking a few final words and then jumping off of the castle onto Reshiram, fade to white,
and then BAM MOTHERFUCKER MOST AWESOME CREDIT SONG EVER IN YOUR FUCKING FACE.

Perfect way to wrap it up, especially after what was essentially
seven boss battles in a row

Gravijah said:

Hey, the credits are just fine upbeat! Sorta like Golden Sun music (have I said that before?)

And trumpets 4 lyfe. Can't wait to hear the
eventual official remake
remix.
Andrex said:
But not as awesome as piano and guitar, which are used to much greater effect in Gen 4.
Gen 4 had some of the best music, too.

*Looks wistfully back to a few days ago while playing Pt*

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Upbeat is how the game ends, though...

Yeah, but I'm used to feeling all down after a Pokemon game ends. Even when
you beat the E4 again, it's still the same credits music. Was hoping for a "TRUE CREDITS THEME" or something.

Edit: "Upbeat" is probably the wrong word to use. I dunno, I just didn't like it as much as the older games credits.

HGSS credits + THE END which is amazing

DPPt credits

RSE credits <---so good

RBY credits

Andrefpvs

MatthewB92 said:
When I heard
N's castle

Yeah, it's the first Pokémon game where you really feel there is a "last level/castle/area/dungeon" (apart from the elite 4, you get it). You get that epic feeling something big is about to happen. You really do. You be damned if you didn't!

Wiseblade

ColtraineGF said:
Hey, the credits are just fine upbeat! Sorta like Golden Sun music (have I said that before?)

And trumpets 4 lyfe. Can't wait to hear the
eventual official remake
remix.
Man, the thought of a Hoenn remake makes me:

9zwo5i.jpg

DEM TRUMPETS!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm excited about the Hoenn remakes but only if they're done in the B/W mold and are thus unrecognizable compared to the originals.

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Man, the thought of a Hoenn remake makes me:

http://i47.tinypic.com/9zwo5i.jpg[IMG]

DEM TRUMPETS![/QUOTE]
I think I'm more excited for those than Gen VI to be honest with you. I'm really excited to see what Gamefreak does with the 3DS.

[QUOTE=Andrex]I'm excited about the Hoenn remakes but only if they're done in the B/W mold and are thus unrecognizable compared to the originals.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

Andrex said:
I'm excited about the Hoenn remakes but only if they're done in the B/W mold and are thus unrecognizable compared to the originals.
Wish they would remake with emerald in mind. Imagine the cut scene!

And maybe they can make it so in both versions both team magma and team aqua are bad games. I hated how one was bad in one game and one was OK in the other.

Gravijah

MatthewB92 said:
Wish they would remake with emerald in mind. Imagen the cut scene!

And maybe they can make it so in both versions both team magma and team aqua are bad games. I hated how one was bad in one game and one was OK in the other.

HGSS was like Crystal so I'm sure RS will be more like Emerald.

Balb

Andrex said:

Really?

That whole advance generation has the best aesthetic in the series so far imo.

Suairyu

Banned
1st Elite Four member down.

The ghost woman. Damn statue tricked me - it said "the one who does not fear ghost type", so I thought I was going up against a normal-type trainer as they are immune to ghost. How quickly my Emboar got a rude awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom