• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

seady

r4z4 said:
I'm ok as far as B/W pokemon go. Any previous gen starters would be nice if you have them, else don't worry about it :)

Sorry I haven't beaten the game yet so no previous gen Pokemon right now...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
It's part of the Pokemon universe, why wouldn't I be?

Also, Cyrus was aiming to use Arceus to recreate the universe with no Pokemon or people aside from Cyrus himself.

You figure something that could erase space and beings could also bring them into existence.

But it's like you said, Cyrus was aiming to create a new universe without people or Pokemon. Probably because Arceus couldn't anyways. And in the anime itself, Cyrus does create his new universe, and that didn't mean ours was wiped out! Arceus probably has neither the power to create nor destroy life. Well, any more than any other powerful being that could kill people. Heck even humans can kill people, that has no bearing on whether they have the power to create life.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
But it's like you said, Cyrus was aiming to create a new universe without people or Pokemon. Probably because Arceus couldn't anyways. And in the anime itself, Cyrus does create his new universe, and that didn't mean ours was wiped out! Arceus probably has neither the power to create nor destroy life. Well, any more than any other powerful being that could kill people. Heck even humans can kill people, that has no bearing on whether they have the power to create life.
The way I interpreted it was not killing, but erasing completely. Blinking out of existence, if you will.

I don't know, that's just me. I suppose there are a million different ways to interpret this and we'll never know the real answer.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
The way I interpreted it was not killing, but erasing completely. Blinking out of existence, if you will.

I don't know, that's just me. I suppose there are a million different ways to interpret this and we'll never know the real answer.

Most likely.

I should make my own chart when I finish my trek through Unova including the new legends.

Also I just had this crazy dream where there was this HM that could knock a hole in walls and there were tons of secrets and paths inside each one. Crazy.

vall03

Wiseblade said:
Wow, a disguised Zoroark nearly killed my Battle subway run. They'd be really good if online didn't have team preview...
huh? whats this? this is the first time Ive heard of this...

Wiseblade

When you go to do Random Matchup, you get to see your opponents 6 Pokémon before you choose which ones to use in battle (3 for singles, 4 for doubles). It's interesting in terms of strategy, but means you opponent can literally see Zoroark coming before the battle.

EDIT: 98 pages?! Aren't we getting close to the |OT2| threshhold?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
When you go to do Random Matchup, you get to see your opponents 6 Pokémon before you choose which ones to use in battle (3 for singles, 4 for doubles). It's interesting in terms of strategy, but means you opponent can literally see Zoroark coming before the battle.

What about a normal FC versus matchup?

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
What about a normal FC versus matchup?
I think so there too. Which means in the tournament, you'll be able to see your opponent's 6 and choose your four based off of that. You don't get to know what 4 they chose though.

The only mode where I know you don't get a team preview is an infrared battle.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
On Bulbapedia there's a difference between "Fishing" and "Fishing spot" for Pokemon... what's the difference? How can you tell?

Wiseblade said:
I think so there too. Which means in the tournament, you'll be able to see your opponent's 6 and choose your four based off of that. You don't get to know what 4 they chose though.

The only mode where you don't get a team preview is an infrared battle.

That sucks.

Red

Wiseblade said:

The only mode where I know you don't get a team preview is an infrared battle.
But you don't know the order their Pokemon will be coming, so you wouldn't be able to tell what Zoroark would be impersonating.

Mr. Sam

Andrex said:
On Bulbapedia there's a difference between "Fishing" and "Fishing spot" for Pokemon... what's the difference? How can you tell?

Far as I can tell - and I caught a Milotoc this way - it's the same as a "surfing spot" (i.e. the water equivalent of shaking grass) but you fish in it instead of surfing into it.

Roto13

Why is my Nidoqueen so chaste? The stupid thing won't fuck my Ditto and it won't fuck my OTHER Ditto from another game and it won't fuck my Nidoking. I need a female Nidoran, dammit.

EDIT: Apparently Nidoqueen don't breed? What now? Boo.

EDIT: Nidoking can breed? *sigh* Let's get this over with. (Will it ever poop out a female Nidoran?)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mr. Sam said:
Far as I can tell - and I caught a Milotoc this way - it's the same as a "surfing spot" (i.e. the water equivalent of shaking grass) but you fish in it instead of surfing into it.

Ooooooooooooooh OK, that makes sense.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright GAF, sooo....Bulbapedia or Serebii, which is your compendium of choice? I like Bulbapedia for casual browsing, since it has actual art and the sprites for each gen on one page, but Serebii entries seems infinitely easier to actually track down a specific stat, move, or ability on.

The_Technomancer said:
Alright GAF, sooo....Bulbapedia or Serebii, which is your compendium of choice? I like Bulbapedia for casual browsing, since it has actual art and the sprites for each gen on one page, but Serebii entries seems infinitely easier to actually track down a specific stat, move, or ability on.

Veekun's pokedex is probably the best. It also returns close matches on searches, which is really handy when you don't have all of the new names memorized exactly yet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The one thing I knock Veekun for is that it doesn't show what each Pokemon resists/is weak to, like Bulbapedia does.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems Bulbapedia takes longer to load compared to Serebii, so I use the later more often. I still use Bulbapedia too, just not as often. I would actually prefer a guide book, but of course they had to hold back on the Pokédex again this time.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, if the default height of a trainer is assumed to be 5' 10" then I think we can safely say that trainers aren't meant to be 10 year old kids anymore.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Chet Rippo said:
Maybe it's just me, but it seems Bulbapedia takes longer to load compared to Serebii, so I use the later more often. I still use Bulbapedia too, just not as often. I would actually prefer a guide book, but of course they had to hold back on the Pokédex again this time.

Serebii does have some misinformation, although it's not a terrible amount. Smogon really enjoys pointing it out though. Bulbapedia is pretty good for the most part, and veekun (http://veekun.com/dex) is one of the better sites as well.

Mr. Sam

Bulbapedia told me I could find a Bagon in White Forest. That's the only information that seems to be entirely false so far.

Mr. Sam said:
Bulbapedia told me I could find a Bagon in White Forest. That's the only information that seems to be entirely false so far.

You actually can. It's just that the Pokemon you find in White Forest are set once you begin the game, and the only way to increase that amount is to Entralink with someone else's game.

thetechkid

The_Technomancer said:
Hm, if the default height of a trainer is assumed to be 5' 10" then I think we can safely say that trainers aren't meant to be 10 year old kids anymore.

This is a world were moms encourage their kids to catch monsters, go fighter other people, and travel the world. Your logic does not work here.

Izayoi

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Bulbapedia for general information, Pokemon Database for everything else. Very fast and has an awesome search feature.

So watched all the subs of the anime(Waiting for the last episode to be subbed) but
why haven't they showed team plasma at all? Or N for that matter?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just turned off battle scene. (Usually do it after I beat the main game, just waited a bit extra this time.)

Umm...

PkNOz.gif

FAST

MatthewB92 said:
So watched all the subs of the anime(Waiting for the last episode to be subbed) but
why haven't they showed team plasma at all? Or N for that matter?

Team Plasma is going to be facing off against Team Rocket in the ep two eps from now. It's a two-parter.

r4z4

I'm trying to breed a Scrafty with Ice/Fire/Thunder punch as it can learn them as egg moves. I found that Medicham can learn those moves via the move tutor so will try to find one via GTS. But Scraggy and Medicham are not in the same egg group =/ How can I get those moves over to a Scrafty?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Because Stealth Rock needs to make more Pokemon its bitches.

SR should have been a designated move that Pokemon could not come over with from 4th Generation. Then there would only be a handful of decent SR users.

Water/Bug would have been interesting for the final form of the Oshwatt line. Resist Water, Ice, Fighting, Ground and Steel. Weak to Electric, Flying and Rock. Would have made Swords Dance with STAB Megahorn very fearsome.

r4z4 said:
I'm trying to breed a Scrafty with Ice/Fire/Thunder punch as it can learn them as egg moves. I found that Medicham can learn those moves via the move tutor so will try to find one via GTS. But Scraggy and Medicham are not in the same egg group =/ How can I get those moves over to a Scrafty?

Meditite/cham --> Buneary/Lopunny --> Scraggy/Scrafty.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
Because Stealth Rock needs to make more Pokemon its bitches.
Fire is a shitty type anyway, nobody cares about it.

Fine, how about:

Water/Fighting
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Dark

Eh? Eh?

r4z4 said:

Get a Tyrogue(Route 10 swarm) evolve to Hitmonchan(Lv20 Atk>Def) it learns the punches at level 36 then get a male Smeargle(Route 5 swarm) and have it sketch the punches you want(requires heart scales for multiple punches) then breed the male Smeargle with a female Scraggy.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Izayoi said:
Fire is a shitty type anyway, nobody cares about it.

Fine, how about:

Water/Fighting
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Dark

Eh? Eh?

All three of these typings exist. Water/Fighting (Keldeo, Poliwrath), Fire/Psychic (Victini), and Grass/Dark (Cacturne, Shiftry).

Albeit, my Water/Bug is around too (Surskit), but it's hardly a final form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom