• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Holy mother of shit, I just ran into my first shiny since FireRed. EV-training Emboar on top of the Celestial Tower, saw a Litwick with a blue flame, and I flipped the fuck out. Caught it with a Quick Ball, saved immediately, and sat over my DS, foaming at the mouth for 10 straight minutes.

Such an awesome feeling.

JVIDICAN

Electivirus said:
Holy mother of shit, I just ran into my first shiny since FireRed. EV-training Emboar on top of the Celestial Tower, saw a Litwick with a blue flame, and I flipped the fuck out. Caught it with a Quick Ball, saved immediately, and sat over my DS, foaming at the mouth for 10 straight minutes.

Such an awesome feeling.
a blue flame? :3
Either you mean yellow, or every litwick you've encountered up till this one has been a shiny. :p

JVIDICAN said:
a blue flame? :3
Either you mean yellow, or every litwick you've encountered up till this one has been a shiny. :p

No, Litwick's shiny colors changes as it evolves. Blue -> light purple -> orange.

xSL4INx

dc89 said:
That'd be awesome seeing as I only have Black, need any Pokemon Black mon in return? :p

Will you be on later? I'm at home all day, so I can trade just about anytime. I don't need anything in particular, so just anything you want to kick my way.

N4Us

Note to self: Don't have your partner use "Focus on Defense" teams on Battle Subway. Had one battle after my Pokemon KO'd last night where she basically stalled for 20+ minutes.

dc89

xSL4INx said:
Will you be on later? I'm at home all day, so I can trade just about anytime. I don't need anything in particular, so just anything you want to kick my way.

Yep just message me whenever you're ready with your code, mines 2nd to last on the list in the OP.

Spooks

So does anyone else get a shit ton of errors while they are in the dream world? I seem to constantly get disconnected from it especially after playing one of the minigames. It's cost me a couple pokemon too =\

So now I can go to the sky place in dream world. I almost wasted my whole hour last night. Spent like 30 minutes just trying to waste my water for watering berries. Then had to play for about another 20 minutes to find a female lotad. Hate the wailord minigame so much :\

D-Pad

Ondore said:
Gen 2: Special split, Dark/Steel types

Gen 3: New EV/IV system, natures

Gen 4: Correction of physical/special to per-move

Gen 5: ... Dream World?

Gen 5: Mother fucking UNLIMITED TMs

You don't know how much you want it until you go back to play a previous generation.

Neo Child

Banned
Neo Child said:
Any chance I could have an egg/low levels for Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndaquil?

Bumping, can offer most pokemon that arent starters/legendaries!

Edit: Just cyndaquil!

xSL4INx

Neo Child said:
Bumping, can offer most pokemon that arent starters/legendaries!

You just want eggs/low level ones? I can get those to you tonight, let me get some together and I'll PM you later.

Neo Child

Banned
xSL4INx said:
You just want eggs/low level ones? I can get those to you tonight, let me get some together and I'll PM you later.

Fantastic, just actually need a Cyndaquil now! I'll let you know, =]

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Gen 5: Mother fucking UNLIMITED TMs

You don't know how much you want it until you go back to play a previous generation.
I know, right! I've been playing FireRed and I already used my good lighting TMs on my Jolteon and I can't use them on my Zapdos because they're gone and it's infuriating.

Also infuriating: Getting Mewtwo in FireRed, which requires you to get a Sapphire from the Sevii Islands, which requires a working knowledge of Braille (or a guide). I think I'm going to forget about that. I already have a Mewtwo in Black.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Miutsu said:
lol just found a wild Metagross... post-game wild pokemon are kinda ridiculous!
I found him today too!

If I wasn't in the Giant Chasm hunting for Ditto and Kyurem, I would've spent all my Pokeballs to catch that motherfucker.

Roto13

Metagross or Metang or whatever was one of the first Pokemon I found in the Giant Chasm. Lucky me? (Also it didn't take me that long to catch it. :p)

xSL4INx

Argh I hate rage quitters!!

Summary of the random wi-fi battle I just had.

I start Skarmory; they start Stoutland
me: skarmory uses spikes
opponent: retreats stoutland and puts out elektross
me: retreat skarmory and put out electivire
opponent: elektross uses thunder wave; motor drive raises electivire's speed
me: electivire uses cross chop
opponent: elektross uses rock slide
*continues for two more turns
elektross faints; puts out stoutland
me: electivire uses cross chop, it misses
opponent: stoutland uses retaliate, electivire faints
me: throw out skarmory, use toxic
opponent: retreats stoutland, puts out braviary, becomes badly poisoned!
me: night slash braviary to death, then repeat process for stoutland and he disconnects before I get the knockout and win.

edit: rage quitters can die in a fire!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finished training my Carracosta...Adamant with Crunch, Aqua Jet, Earthquake, and Stone Edge. Pretty useful in the Battle Subway paired up with my Medicham. :)

Now I'm gonna train a Mr. Mime...:0

N4Us

xSL4INx said:
Argh I hate rage quitters!!

The other night, I was fighting some guy who was using a Staraptor (I think, some bird) and I had Zebstrika. He switched to Simisage on me, but I predicted that switch. Right when it said "Zebstrika used Flame Charge!", I got DC'd, haha.

Ravidrath

Electivirus said:

Such an awesome feeling.

Congrats, man - Litwick is my most wanted shiny, at the moment, I think... will probably be the first I try to breed once I finish catching them all.

What's especially awesome about shiny Litwick is that the best Fire and Ghost attacks for him are TMs, too, so you can pretty much evolve him ASAP.

Pachimari

Is it a good idea of me to go look for that Victini with my Pignite at lvl 25? Got a Timburr at lvl 17 with me as well. I plan to use a normal pokeball to catch it.

Ravidrath

Evolved a Golett, and like Golurk a lot - really wish there was a way to get Fire or Ice Punch on this guy.

This generation actually feels a bit unfinished to me, in part because a ton of the new Pokemon can't learn anything from the Move Tutors, etc. Wonder if they decided to hold some of that stuff for Pokemon Infinite Nothingness, or what.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
New blog post by Masuda:

I feel deeply sorry about the huge earthquake at Tohoku(Japan) area.
I pray for the souls of the departed.

I express strong sympathy for the victims and families
of this disaster.
I hope Tohoku will reconstructed itself soon.

With this earthquake, the VIDEO GAME is powerless.
But we would like to contribute even a bit for the
resurgence.

Fortunately, all of the Game Freak staffs are safe.
But it will take a while for us to develop the game
with fun atmosphere.
Considering about the devastated area’s recovery
and economy of Japan, we believe there will be
the meaning of our effort.

On April 21st, Korean version of Pokémon
Black and White are launched.
I visited Korea on the launch day and attended the event.
I’m so surprised with the warm welcome of the fans.
It was very cold day, but thank you very much for coming!
*The event in Korea will be disclosed with pictures
on the next column.

And this day, PGL(Pokémon Global Link) is connected
with the whole world.
http://www.pokemon-gl.com/languages/

For person supporting Pokémon in the world,
please support Japan, and Tohoku.

We deeply appreciate for your support.

Game Freak inc.
Development Department Director
Junichi Masuda

zoukka

Andrex said:

:(

So how do I pass Giant Chasm. Can't seem to find a way in to the innermost cave.

I've been collecting pokemons now in the post game. I also need to decide a battle team soon and start breeding, but I need my wireless net online first...

O D I N

JVIDICAN said:
Nice. Now prove your worth by battling me! >:D

I have no good connection to the net via DS. :<

I tried changing my router at home, and effed it up pretty bad. Wife had to swoop in and fix it. :-/ Needless to say, we'd rather have internet, and me not touch electronics I don't understand. /derp

Azure J

Anyone able to or would like to help me with getting something very specific? I'm trying to raise a Lucario with a Modest nature, Nasty Plot and Vacuum Wave. I have now seen what the void looks like and it's breeding chains. :lol

PM me if you think we can work something out. Also, anyone have any shiny Litwick -> Chandelures they can send my way? Shiny orange flame > standard purplish flames. :p

Also, as a side note, the FC for me that's on the list currently is invalid as I switched DSes recently and will probably have to do it once more in the future to accommodate a new 3DS.

Pachimari

Finally got to the Victini, can't catch it though lol.

Anyway, got some rather important questions (to me at least):

01) What are the differences from the last games? Beside Unlimited TMs, visuals and Pokémons?
Is the Dream World, Global Link new? The video chat is new right? Anything else I missed?
Oh yea, trible-battles and rotation-battles and seasons. Will read up on the OP as well.

02) The only differences between Black and White are the Pokémons you can catch and the Black City and White Forrest, correct? In White Forrest you get all items for free, while in Black City you got to purchase them? While in White Forrest you can catch rare Pokémon and in Black City you can only battle them?

HomShaBom

Banned
Meh. I've been playing White for a few weeks now and I'm just feeling it at all. I'm at badge 7 and I barely have motivation to go on. I keep going to Serebii and looking at how awesome Silver/Gold remakes are and I wish I had gotten one of them. Seriously thinking about trading in White and buying Silver. So much great nostalgia with them. I have no interest in any of these new pokemon.

Top Bottom