• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

Riposte

Two questions...

1) Okay, I saw my online code or w/e when I first "game sync". I didn't write it down, now I can't seem to find it. What do I do?

2) Do serious players do two vs two or three vs three/rotational? If not, why not? Sounds more fun.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
zoukka said:
It's supposed to look like crap.

Gothitelle looks like a hooker version of the michelin man. Misdreavus has the same concept and pulled it off way better.

Completely agree with this post.

Wiseblade

zoukka said:
Gothitelle is the ugliest Pokemon of all time.
20100417200620!206Dunsparce.png

dc89

HomShaBom said:
Meh. I've been playing White for a few weeks now and I'm just feeling it at all. I'm at badge 7 and I barely have motivation to go on. I keep going to Serebii and looking at how awesome Silver/Gold remakes are and I wish I had gotten one of them. Seriously thinking about trading in White and buying Silver. So much great nostalgia with them. I have no interest in any of these new pokemon.

Whilst I'm having alot of fun with HeartGold if you are getting bored of White without finishing it I doubt you'd finish HG/SS, like Isny told me its 2 regions so.

Roto13

The only Pokemon I've ever looked at and thought "I want to kill this so I don't have to look at it any more" are Garbodor and Gurdurr. None of the ones mentioned here look offensively bad to me, even if they're not particularly great. (And Gothitelle's cry is awesome. :p)

Victrix

*beard*
Someone please tell me that GTS trades for 'Lv 9 and under pokemon that can't be level 9 and under' weren't present in DPP

Because if so how can Japan still be so dumb at online

dc89

Victrix said:
Someone please tell me that GTS trades for 'Lv 9 and under pokemon that can't be level 9 and under' weren't present in DPP

Because if so how can Japan still be so dumb at online

Yeah I've never quite understood that it seems stupid, people looking for Reshirams at lvl 9 or under for a random mon?!

Roto13

It used to be a way to exploit the GTS to clone Pokemon and items. Pretty sure that doesn't work in Black/White, though, so I think it's just people being assholes.

D-Pad

Riposte said:
Two questions...

1) Okay, I saw my online code or w/e when I first "game sync". I didn't write it down, now I can't seem to find it. What do I do?

Did you find it? You see it again by going back into game sync.

I haven't played in so long. White City's probably deserted as hell. Funnily enough, this is the exact reason I haven't played Animal Crossing: Wild World in over two years (Lobo and Snake are probably gone :( plus weeds)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Broken Ska Record said:
LOLNO

She's not that bad. Not as bad as this:
621.png

He was also supposed to be ugly, just like Garbador.

But Gothitelle... no. She's as bad as Gurdurr.

Sagitario

Quick question(s) about type effectiveness:

Why is it that some types of attacks are 1x effective against the same Pokémon type but others are only 1/2x? Is it because of the Physical/Special distinction?

For example:
Original special types: Fire vs Fire = 1/2x, Water vs Water = 1/2x.
Original physical types: Fight vs Fight = 1x, Rock vs. Rock = 1x.
The exception being Dragon and Ghost.

Scrafty and Archeops threw me out of the loop because of that, both being 2x weak against their own types instead of only 1x (2x*1x instead of 2x*1/2x).

yeb

Sagitario said:
The types have always been like that. Some types resist attacks of their own element, some don't, some are weak to it. It's not just using an attack against a target of the same type either, there's basically a total disconnect between offense and defense. Example: Water is SE against Rock/Ground, but doesn't resist them. Rock resists normal, but isn't SE against it. Imagine how broken Steel would be if they were actually connected.

KarmaCow

Riposte said:
Two questions...

You can find your Friend Code in the Pal Pad which should be under the key items slot in your bag.

Pachimari

Finally caught a Victini! And with a normal Pokéball, but it took a lot of tries.

Next up, I want one of the Eevee evolutions from the Dream World, was the fire type recommended? Does it matter which Pokémon I tuck in and how I play the minigame in order to get a specific Eevee evolution?

OMG Aero

Anastacio said:
Finally caught a Victini! And with a normal Pokéball, but it took a lot of tries.

Next up, I want one of the Eevee evolutions from the Dream World, was the fire type recommended? Does it matter which Pokémon I tuck in and how I play the minigame in order to get a specific Eevee evolution?
General consensus seems to be that the best Dream World Eevee evolutions are either Vaporeon (Which will auto heal any status effect in the rain so you can abuse rest with it) or Espeon (Which will automatically reflect any status move your opponent uses back on them).
While you are playing the minigame, power ups will occasionally fall from the blocks you break and it is the number of them you get that decides which evolution you get. So if you want Espeon, for example, avoid as many of the other power ups you can and collect all the pink ones.

Xavien

Anastacio said:
Great explanation "OMG Aero", I greatly appreciate that answer! I need to tuck in a Pokémon to Global Link first, right?

I put the Game Sync ID into the account first then tucked in a pokemon. Worked fine for me.

BTW guys don't use big pokemon in dream world, they block off the Treasure chest inside the house xD

Guess I'm getting back into pokemon full time, just brought Soul Silver to play and get the remaining pokemon that are missing my pokedex. Except... Mew, guess ill have to wait years for an event? or is there an easy legit way to get it?

Bankoiia said:
Any other trainer besides
Cynthia
using a Spiritomb? I need to see one to be able to request it at the GTS.

I can trade you one if you want, for any pokemon.

Xavien

Bankoiia said:
fc: 2494 3918 7496

I'll be waiting inside the wi-fi room.

In the room right now, not seeing anyone? You're in the wi-fi room right? and added my FC (on the list in the OP)?

Azure J

No one here has spare shiny Litwick family members? I'm hurting for a shiny Chandelure and GTS is trolling me with offers for them in exchange for lvl. 9 or under legendaries. >:|

Roto13

AzureJericho said:
No one here has spare shiny Litwick family members? I'm hurting for a shiny Chandelure and GTS is trolling me with offers for them in exchange for lvl. 9 or under legendaries. >:|
Shinies are a lot harder to come by than any other kind of Pokemon. You probably won't find anyone here that's willing to part with one.
And if you do, I want it, and will trade another shiny for it, so there.

upandaway

AzureJericho said:
I have a shiny Litwich I'm willing to trade.

JUST KIDDING HAHAHA YOU FELL FOR IT LIKE I'D HAVE ONE

:(

Azure J

Roto13 said:
Shinies are a lot harder to come by than any other kind of Pokemon. You probably won't find anyone here that's willing to part with one.
And if you do, I want it, and will trade another shiny for it, so there.

Oh, I understand that much, I just thought it'd be worth a shot asking GAF instead of relying on randoms.

Edit: You're just lucky you're a resident manga-GAF member & Soul Eater fan upandaway. That was coldblooded. :lol

Azure J

Whimsicott wins for being one of the most tricky Pokemon I've used in forever. Priority Leech Seed + Giga Drain with Big Root equipped is amazing already, but damn if i can't wait to swap Seed for Substitute and get really crafty.

Busaiku

Whimsicott with Substitute can't really do much.
It can't really hit hard, and it can't do anything to other Grass types or Magic Guard.

You're definitely gonna want Encore on him though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm never going to catch Victini. :/

It is GREAT for HP EV training. Reminds me of how in DPt I never got Riolu because training with Gen on Iron Island, where he healed you after every fight, was such a great training spot.

N4Us

Just used PokeTransfer now that I was able to use a second DS. Transferred over my Cacturne, Substitute/Sucker Punch/Spikes/Payback unnnnnffffffff
and sand veil lol

Roto13

There's an announcement on the Global Link site about using a code from the second strategy guide (ffs, multiple strategy guides?) to get a Munna C-Gear skin. I'm assuming there's only one code that works for everyone. :p It's not ready yet, though.

Slermy

A bit of a long shot, but anyone have an international (I'm in US) Eevee or Ditto in GenIV they'd be willing to trade me into my Diamond?

Slermy

From Bulbapedia:

Trading items via Share Shelf 1 Point
Picking berries 10 Points
Watering a friend's berries 10 Points
Winning a minigame 10 to 30 Points
Sending a new Pokémon to Entree Forest 50 Points

Top Bottom