• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

OMG Aero

You can't unlock both skins?
The skin you unlock depends on the event dragon you get, if you have Black you get an event Zekrom, if you have White you get an event Reshiram. When you send one of the event dragons to the Dream World you get a skin of it.
Without trading you can only get the one skin, but if you trade dragons with someone you should be able to get both.

I've been sending my Zekrom to the dream world lately, and today I noticed you can already visit the special area. There isn't much to do there now, until the special Zekrom and Reshiram are distributed. You can watch a trailer and get the Victini doll code, though.
Ooh, I'll trade when it's up, if anyone's willing.
Don't want a stupid Zekrom.
>:| You are a bad person.

upandaway

So the event has gone live, already got my Reshiram.
Okay so listen to this.

I go in the game, get the Reshiram, and go in my save to take it.

I go into at least 5 different cities in the game looking for a shop, thinking either "this town doesn't have one" or "it looks different from the outside and I'm too half-assed to look for it".
Nearly giving up, I go in a Center because I need to put away one Pokemon anyway. Then, and only then, it clicks that I'm the dumbest person in the universe.

Grr, I forgot that Pokemon with special ribbons can't be traded over the GTS. :\

I don't have a flashcard or AR, so getting the special Zekrom won't be easy.

Edit: I guess I'll just have to buy Black. ;_;

Schmitty

Grr, I forgot that Pokemon with special ribbons can't be traded over the GTS. :\

Or just not worry about it. Don't need to have them all

OMG Aero

I'm sure someone here will be able to lend you the special Zekrom
and me too while they're at it
I'm pretty sure special ribbons don't prevent Pokemon trading between friends, just the GTS.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo I just started playing White. Yeah LTTP I know. I also have a copy of Black coming in the mail (OCD). I chose Oshawott and I beat the first gym. It's funny how there was an event today so I now have a Level 100 Reshiram. Crazy.

Any chance of the Victini event coming back? If not, I guess they'll do something for Black/White 2.

Roto13

They've already given out two Victinis. (Well, to be precise, one Victini and one pass to an island where you can catch a Victini.) Guess there's always a chance there will be a third one. :p

Styles

I wonder, will they be giving out the genies later? I really want to get Tornadus from the Black version so I can catch Landorus.

I wonder, will they be giving out the genies later? I really want to get Tornadus from the Black version so I can catch Landorus.

Pretty sure there has already been an event in japan that gave away the genie that was missing on your game so people could get Landorus, i would put money on it as being the next event the rest of the world will get.

Does anyone want a (NON-EVENT) Zekrom? Level 54, Lax nature (yuck). I don't need it since the Wi-Fi event one is so much nicer. It's from the GTS, but everything on it looks legit (location/date of capture, attacks, etc).

FC: 0303 9099 2313

Edit: Never mind. It's traded.

Man, I LOVE the Mystery Gift music. Like, you have no idea.
I probably do. Best rearrangement Hitomi Sato did for the new soundtrack—"Shopping Mall R9" felt slow and uninventive by contrast, compared to Go Ichinose's riveting original or Shota Kageyama's bossa nova version in HG/SS. But Hitomi made her Mystery Gift composition so much better for B/W.

OMG Aero

So does anyone want to be awesome and lend me their event Zekrom so I can get the skin for it in the Dream World? I only want to upload it to the Dream World, do the minigame to get the skin and then you can have it right back, and if someone with Black wants to do the same I can let you borrow my event Reshiram at the same time.
Man, I LOVE the Mystery Gift music. Like, you have no idea.
It's so good.

Ok, think my brother actually has White version. Let me check when he gets home.

Where do I get the C-gear skin with the event? It is not on the customize page on the global link.
You have to visit the special home in the dream world with the event pokemon and play the minigame. You can't trade c-gear skins, by the way.

I finally encountered skarmory in the dream world and of course I had to play the stupid wailord minigame. -_-

Schmitty

You have to visit the special home in the dream world with the event pokemon and play the minigame. You can't trade c-gear skins, by the way.

I finally encountered skarmory in the dream world and of course I had to play the stupid wailord minigame. -_-

Edit: I can do the trade tonight if you'd like. Let me know when you are good to go

Frost_Ace

Still better than the ice cream minigame :/

Schmitty

How the heck do you get to the special mini game?

Edit: oh you had to go across island of dreams...i was clicking in that castle for a while smh

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I need to wake up and put that Mystery Gift Zekrom in the dream world for the C-gear. When is the cut off again? :/

Has anyone else had trouble with game sync lately? It's said that it's been out of energy for the last three days. :\

Edit: I just tried it again and noticed that the season changed to autumn and now it's working.

BW_Unova_Diploma.png

Yeah buddy.

Gonna take a break from Pokemon a bit before sinking into the National Dex, but I'm pretty proud of myself. First game where I've completed the Pokedex, regional or otherwise.

Schmitty

I'm pretty close to that as well. Just need to complete my black version and trade over some mons. It will be my first time doing it since Blue

Vyktal

Hey guys,

Played and loved Pokemon White last year and it's been long enough that I feel like playing through it all over again (don't mind losing last games pokemon as none of them are EV trained).

However, I'm wondering if someone could let me know what the PvP (I'll call it that for the sake of ease) is like and if that's changed at all? Is there anyway to play against other players online without needing to find friend codes? I remember that being such a hassle in D/P, leaving a message on serebii forums hoping someone might message me and play me during my free time..... barely ever worked.

I reckon if the PvP competitive scene is easy to get into then I might consider building an EV/natured (but not IVed) team for laughs!

Any advice would be appreciated!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey guys,

Played and loved Pokemon White last year and it's been long enough that I feel like playing through it all over again (don't mind losing last games pokemon as none of them are EV trained).

However, I'm wondering if someone could let me know what the PvP (I'll call it that for the sake of ease) is like and if that's changed at all? Is there anyway to play against other players online without needing to find friend codes? I remember that being such a hassle in D/P, leaving a message on serebii forums hoping someone might message me and play me during my free time..... barely ever worked.

I reckon if the PvP competitive scene is easy to get into then I might consider building an EV/natured (but not IVed) team for laughs!

Any advice would be appreciated!

There are random matches available at all times online. Check the person on the right side, upstairs of the Pokemon Centre. You can play ranked, or not. It's no hassle at all to do this.

There is a competitive online scene with simulators as well. It can save you plenty of time to try out a team too, even if you plan to breed all the Pokemon later. Singles is very popular in simulators, but doubles and VGC is gaining a large following.

Nintendo is also hosting online tournaments a few times per year. There's one coming up, and registration just opened for it. Sign up for an account (linking it with your game) and head over to http://en.pokemon-gl.com/gbu/ to sign up.

Top Bottom