• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is Porygon 2 better than Z?

In competitive play it is(singles). Porygon-Z is just like a million other glass cannons, but there are more solid things that can be used. Porygon 2 has some uniqueness and Eviolite to really make it stand out now.

Porygon-Z is pretty cool though in terms of novelty and being one of the few Special Pokemon to be able to muscle through Blissey.

clemenx

Banned
Porygon2 is great as a wildcard wall. Eviolite makes him viable despite not having resistances. Keep him away from Conkeldurr though!
I do like him more than most people but he really saves my ass a lot.

clemenx

Banned
What happens if I use my 3DS to connect to the internet? My FC changes or something? I remember games telling me to always use the same DS to connect to the internet.

I just used my DS (phat!) for the 1st time since buying my 3DS for the mystery gift and it feels like it weighs a ton haha also the screens are minimal.

OMG Aero

What happens if I use my 3DS to connect to the internet? My FC changes or something? I remember games telling me to always use the same DS to connect to the internet.

I just used my DS (phat!) for the 1st time since buying my 3DS for the mystery gift and it feels like it weighs a ton haha also the screens are minimal.
If you follow the steps here and transfer your WFC info to your 3DS then you can keep the same friend codes.
Just keep in mind that after doing that if you use those DS games on the original DS again then it will change your friend codes for those games.

Suairyu

Banned
Picked up my Mewtwo and Arceus. Feels kind of dirty not earning Mewtwo properly, and disappointing there will never be a way to flute up and earn Arceus properly either.

What was the context for Mewtwo as a mystery gift, anyway?

Roto13

Picked up my Mewtwo and Arceus. Feels kind of dirty not earning Mewtwo properly, and disappointing there will never be a way to flute up and earn Arceus properly either.

What was the context for Mewtwo as a mystery gift, anyway?

Promoting a movie or whatever.

Schmitty

If I enter the code but don't enter dream world until after the date it runs because I don't have my DS, will I lose them off my board?

McNum

So I've pretty much had White since launch, but never gotten past Striation City.

I think it's time I get on with the game, at least in bursts. But I just got me a Mewtwo and signed up for the Arceus... I take it that it'd pretty much ruin the game to use those? Mewtwo could probably take out the entire game on its own. I bet it won't listen to me, then. Eh, won't ruin the game with Mewtwo anyway, even if I could. I'll just keep it in reserve in case I need to fight something really nasty.

So, anything I should know?

Oh, one question, this Arceus... When I get it, can I trade it back to HeartGold and do the oh so trippy Arceus event with it?

Suairyu

Banned
Man the Mewtwo and Arceus are level 100 don't even think of using them in-game. It wouldn't just break it - it'd destroy it.

Oh, one question, this Arceus... When I get it, can I trade it back to HeartGold and do the oh so trippy Arceus event with it?
No.

McNum

Man the Mewtwo and Arceus are level 100 don't even think of using them in-game. It wouldn't just break it - it'd destroy it.

No.
Yeah, I just put good old Mewtwo in the box for now. Level 70. Decent moves on it, though.

Too bad that this Arceus can't do that event. Not that I don't already have Groudon and Kyogre on another card. Can you transfer from HeartGold to White? I'm thinking it might be a one way thing, like from Emerald to Pearl. I do have a few old favorites that I'd like to send over... Like my legit Mew and a Gardevior that got really lucky with its stats.

Suairyu

Banned
Yeah, I just put good old Mewtwo in the box for now. Level 70. Decent moves on it, though.

Too bad that this Arceus can't do that event. Not that I don't already have Groudon and Kyogre on another card. Can you transfer from HeartGold to White? I'm thinking it might be a one way thing, like from Emerald to Pearl. I do have a few old favorites that I'd like to send over... Like my legit Mew and a Gardevior that got really lucky with its stats.
Yeah HG to White is fine.

OMG Aero

I think it's time I get on with the game, at least in bursts. But I just got me a Mewtwo and signed up for the Arceus... I take it that it'd pretty much ruin the game to use those? Mewtwo could probably take out the entire game on its own. I bet it won't listen to me, then. Eh, won't ruin the game with Mewtwo anyway, even if I could. I'll just keep it in reserve in case I need to fight something really nasty.
Using any legendary ruins the single player and makes it way too easy.

McNum

Using any legendary ruins the single player and makes it way too easy.
Yeah, I benched my Mew in HeartGold. Even if it came at level 10, it was just too strong, and yet not, since it has abysmal moves at the low levels. Yes, Mew. You Pound. For 20 levels.

Ooh, but if I take Mew to White, TMs are infinite... That could be very interesting, actually.

Suairyu

Banned
Don't do it bro you'll regret it. Battles are so much more fun when you're underlevelled and average.

Like, taking down the first gym leader with level 10 Pokémon when they're using level 14 Pokémon that know moves like work up. Trashing them feels amaaaaazing.

McNum

Don't do it bro you'll regret it. Battles are so much more fun when you're underlevelled and average.

Like, taking down the first gym leader with level 10 Pokémon when they're using level 14 Pokémon that know moves like work up. Trashing them feels amaaaaazing.
I was thinking post-story, of course. A Mew/Mewtwo double battle would just be fun to see happen.

And yeah, the real fun of Pokémon comes when you're outleveled, outtyped, and outmatched and still manage to win. Like winning the first gym in White with your starter. Because Oshawott beats grass, right? Well, mine did.

Suairyu

Banned
Pokemon Black was the first time I ever got multiple encounters in the same patch of grass. That's how bad it is.
You know what I love? Having a random encounter, then once it's over hitting a direction on the DPAD only to have your character face the new direction (not even take a step!) and go straight into another random encounter!

Because rotating on the spot makes you vulnerable.

After months of not bothering with the dream world, I'm finally making it part of my routine again. I'm glad to see that they added two new areas to the dream islands, though I'm perturbed that they haven't streamlined some things. Finding berries to water can be such a pain in the ass. Would it kill them to add some kind of information box saying if someone has berries to water before you visit their home? -_- Not to mention which dream island you visit still being randomly chosen. Then there's the whole hassle of having to re-sync your game every day if you want to do more than grow berries.

mooooose

What is there to do after beating the Elite 4 and what is Dream World and the White Forest I heard I have to visit that thing every day and that is a hassle.

What is there to do after beating the Elite 4 and what is Dream World and the White Forest I heard I have to visit that thing every day and that is a hassle.
I haven't even bothered with the White Forest. From what I understand, it's pretty much useless if you don't have someone to do Entralink bullshit with.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh, there's no universal code for the Lucario? WTF Nintendo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh, they're giving away Zekrom/Reshiram for Black/White respectively starting on March 10 until April 8. And also:

Bulbanews said:
Both Zekrom and Reshiram are at level 100, hold the Dragon Gem, and have a Wishing Ribbon. Zekrom knows the moves Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Haze and Outrage and Reshiram knows Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist and Draco Meteor. They have their standard Abilites Teravolt and Turboblaze, respectively, and are each in a Cherish Ball. The OT is SPR2012, and the ID number 03102.

Oh and some C-Gear skins too:

WAONO.png
DDrbm.png

Reshi's so uguu~

These Pokémon have more than just collectors' value, though. By tucking the event Pokémon into the Pokémon Dream World, a new Pokémon Movie" home, which is based on Eindoak Town, will be unlocked and an exclusive C-Gear skin of the tucked-in Pokémon is also unlocked upon completing a game there with Victini.

Gotta edit the OP.

Sweet. Though I have White, so no awesome Zekrom c-gear skin for me. :(

Edit: I'm actually contemplating buying Black now. :x If I did that, would I be able to get both?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Edit: I'm actually contemplating buying Black now. :x If I did that, would I be able to get both?

In the same game? I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards no. The Global Link does allow you to connect one of each to a single account, though.

In the same game? I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards no. The Global Link does allow you to connect one of each to a single account, though.
If I transferred the Zekrom to my copy of White, I think it should work. By work, I mean I would be able to get the Zekrom c-gear skin.

I went into the Elite 4 at a maximum of 5 levels below 50 (starter at lvl 47, anyhow), and boy was it fun. Not having equal standing in a battle can be quite interesting, and this was the first game in which I did it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I went into the Elite 4 at a maximum of 5 levels below 50 (starter at lvl 47, anyhow), and boy was it fun. Not having equal standing in a battle can be quite interesting, and this was the first game in which I did it.

One day they'll improve AI battling strategy enough to make it 'close to' the enjoyment a competitive player vs player match can provide. Yes, AI will switch occasionally now, but not often enough. I wish they would force Shift off by default. People would really have to think a lot more about their decisions in game. Right now it's 'switch to Pokemon with Super Effective, KO. See what Pokemon is coming in, switch to Pokemon with Super Effective move.. KO..' So incredibly boring.

OMG Aero

Surely it would be easier to just trade your event Reshiram for an event Zekrom just to get the C-Gear skin and then trade them back again.
That's what I'm going to try and do to get both skins on my copy of White.

Surely it would be easier to just trade your event Reshiram for an event Zekrom just to get the C-Gear skin and then trade them back again.
That's what I'm going to try and do to get both skins on my copy of White.
Or, I just realized, I can just wait for someone to upload the event Zekrom to one of the usual sites and just transfer it to my copy of White. >:)

Then again, I kind of want to mess around with the entralink stuff.

Schmitty

Woo! Got my Mewtwo since I'm back home from school. New event looks great. Why do they always take a year to start the good ones?

Edit: ITS OVER AH CRAP

Top Bottom