• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT3| Community Edition

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh man, that Crustle C-Gear Skin is pretty awesome.

Also, I do hope that Lucario code is not unique.

It'll be posted online, and they have no way of really knowing where you got it from. Same thing with the IGN and Nintendo Power codes.

Busaiku

Man I dunno what's wrong with you guys, besides Chargestone Cave, the encounter rate was not that bad.
Especially in comparison to Heart Gold.

Also maybe that Lucario is the excuse I need to get White.
I just need the darn thing gone from my Club Nintendo To-Do list.

PS_GUY

So pokemonblackandwhite.net finally announced the winners for their Fakemon contest.

Gotta say, some of these are really nice. Almost better than some real Pokemon.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=7626

My favorite is the first place for the Fire and Electric entries.

I was going to enter but didn't finish my drawing in time. :( Wouldn't have won anyway. lol

Gravijah

Man I dunno what's wrong with you guys, besides Chargestone Cave, the encounter rate was not that bad.
Especially in comparison to Heart Gold.

Also maybe that Lucario is the excuse I need to get White.
I just need the darn thing gone from my Club Nintendo To-Do list.

the encounter rate is way way way way worse than hgss. in hgss, the encounter rate goes up when you run. if you walk, it's 100% fine.

joelseph

I have wrung all the single player content out of my copy of Black and now I want to make a competitive team for the first time. Should I start by making a 3 Pokemon Battle Subway team? I guess I don't even really know what competitive options I have to extend the life of the game. I have been breading some things in preparation and have a Jolly Poison Heal Gliscor and an Adamant Poison Heal Breloom but I just realized I can't carry two toxic orbs into the subway with me... So back to the drawing board. Any advice would be welcome!

Frost_Ace

I have wrung all the single player content out of my copy of Black and now I want to make a competitive team for the first time. Should I start by making a 3 Pokemon Battle Subway team? I guess I don't even really know what competitive options I have to extend the life of the game. I have been breading some things in preparation and have a Jolly Poison Heal Gliscor and an Adamant Poison Heal Breloom but I just realized I can't carry two toxic orbs into the subway with me... So back to the drawing board. Any advice would be welcome!

Multiscale dragonite is a monster in the subway!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

You'll find a lot of people use Whimsicott as a setup Pokemon in singles for something like Dragonite. Latios still has plenty of use, as does Garchomp and Gengar. Choice-Trick doesn't work anymore, as AI will switch now if they're stuck on a non-damaging move.

If you want to just use 'some stuff' you have trained already, consider doubles. Doubles Subway is a lot of fun and you can get by with just 'good stuff' teams for the most part.

Obviously, auto weather Pokemon like Politoed are effective in both environments.

Styles

Could someone with Pokemon Black lend me their Tornadus for a bit so I can capture Landorus? I just need that one then my B/W pokedex is filled, except for the even pokemon.

FC: 2580 2540 4444

Kaper

Just found and caught my very first shiny ever! Time to find my secret I'D and give this RNG exploiting a whirl.

Audino - #531 (Hardy) + Healer
Female (♀)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 16 - 21
Def: 31
SpA: 28 - 31
SpD: 17 - 22
Speed: 6 - 11

I definitely like the purple better than pink, and I may have to give her a slot in my party with those killer IVs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
wMSgr.png

Happening Now! As a result of a recent popularity poll, from February 2 until May 1 an Arceus will be available in the Dream World via the Pokémon Global Link. It is level 100 and has no special moves or Hidden Ability. The password necessary to access this Arceus for all non-Japanese games is ARCEUSVOTE.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I always thought it was pretty obvious... Kyurem is this gen's Giratina/Deoxys. Still bodes well for a Gray announcement. Hopefully this year.

PS_GUY

I always thought it was pretty obvious... Kyurem is this gen's Giratina/Deoxys. Still bodes well for a Gray announcement. Hopefully this year.

Yea I know. I guess what I'm trying to see is that we finally have *evidence*. Though I use that term loosely because I don't know how valid that table really is.

Ondore

So are they going to put the same restrictions on Alt!Kyruem that they did on the new Platinum formes - meaning, no using them with Black and White? There's not really a way to push updates to 2DS cards.

PS_GUY

So are they going to put the same restrictions on Alt!Kyruem that they did on the new Platinum formes - meaning, no using them with Black and White? There's not really a way to push updates to 2DS cards.

No, I don't believe that would be possible only because the sprite doesn't exist in Pokemon Black and White.

The alternate form will most likely be exclusive to the third game just like Giratina's alternate form is in Pokemon Platinum.

Sagitario

wMSgr.png

Happening Now! As a result of a recent popularity poll, from February 2 until May 1 an Arceus will be available in the Dream World via the Pokémon Global Link. It is level 100 and has no special moves or Hidden Ability. The password necessary to access this Arceus for all non-Japanese games is ARCEUSVOTE.

So, I just have to connect to the Dream World and use the password? Or is there something special I must to do?
I have only used the DW twice:
1) to get the special Eevee evolution, but then I forgot about it and lost it forever [I had gotten an Espeon:(]
2) for like 15 minutes to see what it was about when B/W came out

OMG Aero

So, I just have to connect to the Dream World and use the password? Or is there something special I must to do?
I have only used the DW twice:
1) to get the special Eevee evolution, but then I forgot about it and lost it forever [I had gotten an Espeon:(]
2) for like 15 minutes to see what it was about when B/W came out

You need to enter the password on the promotions page, send a Pokemon to sleep through your C-Gear in-game then when you take it out of the Dream World Arceus will show up in the Entralink like any other Pokemon you get from Dream World.

Frost_Ace

It's sort of a weird Pokemon, because it receives a lot of moves as TMs that would outclass its Technoblast. Only Water is really worth using. I hope something changes in Grey to boost it.

Changing his secondary type according to the cassette wouldn't be a bad idea.

alazz

Got a Shiny Wobbuffet and it'd be a shame to let it go to waste. Is it at all a good psychic in B/W?

What do you guys use for a dragon counters? I have a Salemance, Dratini, Gyrados (with Ice Fang), Druddigon, and Beartic. Ice pokemon almost seem like a bad counter because most dragons I've fought against have either Flame Thrower or Fireblast. :/

Yeah...haven't played a new pokemon game since FR/LG...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Got a Shiny Wobbuffet and it'd be a shame to let it go to waste. Is it at all a good psychic in B/W?

What do you guys use for a dragon counters? I have a Salemance, Dratini, Gyrados (with Ice Fang), Druddigon, and Beartic. Ice pokemon almost seem like a bad counter because most dragons I've fought against have either Flame Thrower or Fireblast. :/

Yeah...haven't played a new pokemon game since FR/LG...

There are no real counters to Dragons, only 'checks' for things like Salamence and Dragonite. Steels can switch 'the best', but most Dragons do carry Fire moves and Earthquake as you've said. It's just about predicting. And sometimes just revenge killing.

Ice moves are wide spread, so using Ice types doesn't really matter (and Ice only resist Ice, so it's not great defensively).

clemenx

Banned
Porygon2 with Trace and eviolite shits all over Salamence. It's also good against most Dragons except they carry a boosted outrage.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Porygon2 with Trace and eviolite shits all over Salamence. It's also good against most Dragons except they carry a boosted outrage.

Yeah, Porygon2 is pretty great and can help against the numerous Swift Swimmers in singles now. But it does suffer a bit. Special Dragons (like Latias and Hydreigon) destroy it, and it can't switch into Salamence's Draco Meteor if it has taken damage before hand. And it has a tougher time scaring out Dragonite now with Multiscale (although he loves to Trace it). And nothing it can do against Haxors really, because Life Orb Outrage will 2HKO and Haxorus always outspeeds it.

And Porygon2 gives an opening to things like Conkeldurr to switch in freely (and maybe even activate Guts), which is one of my biggest nightmares. Moral of the story is, carry a bunch of checks, and a few Dragons of your own. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Shit broken in singles. It's 'uncounterable' because 98% of Pokemon can't switch out from it without a Shed Shell. There's a reason it's been banned to Ubers for so long with less than impressive stats and move pool.

Just wait until we get Shadow Tag Chandlure, if we ever do.

Top Bottom