• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Poke-GAF, I require your expertise and infinite knowledge. Some dude on a forum is advertising a contest for a Shiny Arceus. Now, my knowledge of the RNG method is minimal at best, so I don't know if such a Pokemon is possible. So, Poke-GAF, is there a legit way of getting a Shiny Arceus from one of the events? Or is this guy full of shit?

Zeroth

Poke-GAF, I require your expertise and infinite knowledge. Some dude on a forum is advertising a contest for a Shiny Arceus. Now, my knowledge of the RNG method is minimal at best, so I don't know if such a Pokemon is possible. So, Poke-GAF, is there a legit way of getting a Shiny Arceus from one of the events? Or is this guy full of shit?

The only way to get a shiny one with RNG would be using the Azure Flute (which was never released) or getting a WonderCard Arceus (hasn't been released).

Technically, one could RNG the Dream World Arceus, but IIRC it's near impossible to do so.

The only way to get a shiny one with RNG would be using the Azure Flute (which was never released) or getting a WonderCard Arceus (hasn't been released).

Technically, one could RNG the Dream World Arceus, but IIRC it's near impossible to do so.

So basically, Shiny Arceus=hack?

Ondore

I believe Arceus came out just before HG/SS as a wondercard, actually. So if it was 4th gen, it's probably legal.

4QGQR.png

So awesome.

Here's Day 3 of the Trainer's Log! Remember, you can follow it on this page if you wish!

I had a pretty quiet day today. I woke up early in the morning to get a head start on things, and began my trek to Virbank. Along the way, I encountered many trainers of varying age and skill level, and even battled a toddler who couldn't have been older than 4. How is it that someone so young can have access to a Pokémon right away, and yet I didn't get one until I was 19? Life is cruel.

Upon entering Virbank, I realized that it was much different than the other towns and cities I had visited in the past. While Striaton and Aspertia were quiet, sleepy vales, Virbank was loud, busy and extremely kinetic. I spent hours just exploring every nook, cranny and experience the city had to offer. For one as sheltered and rural as I, it was truly an eye-opening experience.

I noticed posters for a group called "Dogars," which piqued my interest quite a bit. I inquired with one of the multiple busking musicians that occupied the street corners, and she said it was the region's biggest new band, and that it was created and lead by none other than Virbank's Gym Leader, Roxie.

I decided that Jake was too worn out from yesterday's Gym Battle to handle another so soon, and instead opted to explore the Virbank Complex that lay just south of the city.

Amidst the various machines and structures, I lay on my back in the tall grass, looking up at the beautiful blue sky. I wondered if Desmond was looking up at this same sky right now; of if he was off doing more important things. I could've sat there and let my mind drift from thought to thought for an eternity, but my fantasy was interrupted by the approach of a Pokémon.

Its perfect red fur almost shone in the sunlight, offset by its cream-coloured mane. I checked my PokéDex for its name, Growlithe, and knew in an instant that it had to be mine. With one deft toss of a Pokéball, I had attained the newest member of my team and a companion for Jake. After deliberating for a while, I decided to name it Ike after one of my brother's best friends and a dog lover. After initiating him with a few wild battles, I decided to turn in for the day and hurried to the Pokémon Center (but not before graciously receiving the TM for Thief from a friendly worker).

Tomorrow I earn my second badge. I just hope that Ike and Jake are up to the challenge.

-Amaya Kane

So what are the chances of pokemon actually going all 3d next gen on 3ds for battles?

I'm still feeling sprites with a slightly changed camera angle for better 3d effect, but hopefully world would be 60fps again and who knows.... 8 direction movement?

One can wish.

I just hope that w/e they do, battles don't end up terribly slow like in d/p.

Kokonoe

Banned
So what are the chances of pokemon actually going all 3d next gen on 3ds for battles?

I'm still feeling sprites with a slightly changed camera angle for better 3d effect, but hopefully world would be 60fps again and who knows.... 8 direction movement?

One can wish.

I just hope that w/e they do, battles don't end up terribly slow like in d/p.

Well, we've beaten this discussion like a dead horse already, but I'd say there's a good chance because sprites take a lot more time to create than 3D, there is the Pokedex 3D models already there, and the 3DS has the power the previous handhelds didn't have. I doubt they will change the core stuff away like walking in squares and fourway direction, though.

I would like more than anything for them to take Pokemon to the next level, but they make money off the games just labeling them "Pokemon", so they don't need to. I mean you have people still buying the games just because they think it feels wrong to pass up one.

So how is Virbank kinetic? Show me! I'm sure she has other senses...tell me like how this city might smell, especially since she hails from a rural background. Just how did she notice the Growlithe approach?

I still love the first person perspective so keep at it and good work!

Well, we've beaten this discussion like a dead horse already, but I'd say there's a good chance because sprites take a lot more time to create than 3D, there is the Pokedex 3D models already there, and the 3DS has the power the previous handhelds didn't have. I doubt they will change the core stuff away like walking in squares and fourway direction, though.

I would like more than anything for them to take Pokemon to the next level, but they make money off the games just labeling them "Pokemon", so they don't need too. I mean you have people still buying the games just because they think it feels wrong to pass up one.

Actually i'm feeling that they use the same sprites as b/w. I do wonder if they could render 2 of the pokemon with the details of the pokedex app without much compromises.

w/e they do, battles can't be stadium style in pacing... but they probably will T_T.

So how is Virbank kinetic? Show me! I'm sure she has other senses...tell me like how this city might smell, especially since she hails from a rural background. Just how did she notice the Growlithe approach?

I still love the first person perspective so keep at it and good work!

you_re_the_best.gif

EDIT: Also, I've been listening to this for the past hour. Do I have a problem?

Kokonoe

Banned
Actually i'm feeling that they use the same sprites as b/w. I do wonder if they could render 2 of the pokemon with the details of the pokedex app without much compromises.

w/e they do, battles can't be stadium style in pacing... but they probably will T_T.

Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution are a lot different than the handhelds games. The ones on consoles are meant to act with the coolest looking attacks, but the handheld games care more about speed and put not so flashy looking attacks. It wouldn't be like them. Pokemon Black and White use 3D platforms already, so just add a 3D model on it and boom.

I don't think gamefreak would reuse the Black and White sprites, they would get a bad rep for it big time.

It's possible for the Pokédex app to show at least a dozen Pokémon on screen at once. You unlock the ability to do so with the stickers. It can handle two.

Kokonoe

Banned
Going to tally a list now. So, anyone out there that wants a fullblown 3D Pokemon title? The battling would stay the same, but the world would be in Third Person perspective. The characters would no longer be chibi either.
Mainline Pokemon handheld version that is.

Do not want
Billiechu
Gravijah
Cuteness Overload(?)
ScraftyDevil
Exterminieren

Want
Kokonoe
tiggerkiddo
UltimateIke (I think?)

Count me as not really caring either way.

Though it is inevitable, so might as well go with the flow. As long as it's done well, it's fine to me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eeeh, most of the models from the 3D pokemon games are pretty ace. It's the real stinkers like Salamance that stand out.

The Pokepark games have excellent models for example.

Going to tally a list now. So, anyone out there that wants a fullblown 3D Pokemon title? The battling would stay the same, but the world would be in Third Person perspective. The characters would no longer be chibi either.

Do not want
Billiechu
Gravijah
Cuteness Overload(?)
ScraftyDevil
Exterminieren

Want
Kokonoe
tiggerkiddo
UltimateIke (I think?)

Actually, I'm very OK with that. Even better if it's styled like B2W2's 3D parts.

Eeeh, most of the models from the 3D pokemon games are pretty ace. It's the real stinkers like Salamance that stand out.

The Pokepark games have excellent models for example.

There's probably a good reason for that. Pokedex 3D?

Stage On

Do not want
Billiechu
Gravijah
Cuteness Overload(?)
ScraftyDevil
Exterminieren

Want
Kokonoe
tiggerkiddo
UltimateIke (I think?)

Mark me down as do not want.

I have an extra Keldeo is someone wants it. Fair warning thought I'm pretty sure it's not legit. My friend traded it to me while giving me a couple other Pokemon and it doesn't have a Trainer id at all.

Soul Beat

I have an extra Keldeo is someone wants it. Fair warning thought I'm pretty sure it's not legit. My friend traded it to me while giving me a couple other Pokemon and it doesn't have a Trainer id at all.

One of my friends wants a Keldeo as he couldn't download it in Mexico. So I'll take it.

I've just gotta ask him if he's OK with a possibly not legit one.

Stage On

One of my friends wants a Keldeo as he couldn't download it in Mexico. So I'll take it.

I've just gotta ask him if he's OK with a possibly not legit one.

Consider it yours.

I think some of the other guys he gave me might be hacked in as well.

One is a Shiny Kyurem from Unity Tower who's OT is N

Another is Meloetta so that's gotta be a hack right?

backlot

Yah but the Meloetta he gave me has an OT named Bianca. A legit one should have an OT of えいがかん

I feel dirty now having hacked Pokemon on my cart. Maybe I should just release them

But the fraudulent Pokedex entries will remain with you forever!

Top Bottom