• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
Sensing some errors here.

uI5mC.png
WmP5E.png

Kokonoe

Banned
Maybe they didn't want the bone blocking its face in either of the poses?

I don't think so cause look at these.

QrRVo.png

It's either an error or something else I can't think of. Or maybe they actually went with the whole "ambidextrous", but just don't look at someone else's screen.

I don't think so cause look at these.

http://i.imgur.com/QrRVo.png[IMG]

It's either an error or something else I can't think of.[/QUOTE]

Well, before they completely changed the pose between the front and back sprites. At least this one is just mirrored.

I noticed. Going to get it up once I get home. Thank you!

As for the game music stuff: I've been on hiatus for several weeks. I'm going to go locate the HarmoKnight soundtrack and try to identify who did what, as well as some other stuff.

What's wrong with this one? It looks imposing and monsterous. They are monsters, remember.

It doesn't look like a coconut tree like it should; it looks like a bunch of disfiguired disembodies heads nailed to a blob. If Exeggutor looked like that in the anime or later generations, I'd cut it some slack; but it does not, and I will not.

That Exeggutor looks nothing like it's meant to, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Exeggutor's proper design never really appealed to me; needed arms.

In related news, I've managed to spell Exeggutor's name right three times on the spin. A new record!

It doesn't look like a coconut tree like it should; it looks like a bunch of disfiguired disembodies heads nailed to a blob.

It looks like a living coconut tree leaning forward and leering over you, ready to attack. You can't see a lot of the trunk because the limited real estate is better spent on the faces.

That Exeggutor looks nothing like it's meant to, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Exeggutor's proper design never really appealed to me; needed arms.

In related news, I've managed to spell Exeggutor's name right three times on the spin. A new record!

That reminds me - ever had a name that you kept misspelling?

That reminds me - ever had a name that you kept misspelling?

I use to misspell Exterminieren until I realized it was a Doctor Who reference.

Oh, you mean Pokémon? I thought Krokorok was Krokrokrok for the first few weeks of the English Gen V names leaking.

What about pronounceation? For the longest time, I didn't if it was pronounced conk-EL-durr or CONK-el-durr.

Wichu

It's not a difficult name, you're just biased against German. -_-

I've spelled it correctly in the past. I think.
I prefer short names. Actually, people often misspell my first name even though it's only three letters long :/

I'm generally quite good with spelling, even Pokémon names. Repeated letters is what often trips me up. Like Ratatta, or Wobbuffet.

Anyway, how do people think the move contained in TM22 should be written?
Spelling it SolarBeam as in the DS games looks wrong. The only reason stuff like AncientPower and ThunderPunch are camel-cased is because there was a 12-character limit on move names back in the Game Boy days which they never removed. But SolarBeam is only 9 characters. It should either be Solarbeam (as in Base Set Venusaur TCG card) or Solar Beam.

I've spelled it correctly in the past. I think.
I prefer short names. Actually, people often misspell my first name even though it's only three letters long :/

I'm generally quite good with spelling, even Pokémon names. Repeated letters is what often trips me up. Like Ratatta, or Wobbuffet.

Anyway, how do people think the move contained in TM22 should be written?
Spelling it SolarBeam as in the DS games looks wrong. The only reason stuff like AncientPower and ThunderPunch are camel-cased is because there was a 12-character limit on move names back in the Game Boy days which they never removed. But SolarBeam is only 9 characters. It should either be Solarbeam (as in Base Set Venusaur TCG card) or Solar Beam.

Because it sounded... Cool? At least the Pokémon never got a CamelCase name.

Top Bottom