• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Emitan

16_Espeon_STAR.jpg
Uhh...

MikeMyers

Also, this one:

GastlyBaseSet50.jpg

Man, those Gen I era was awesome. Playing RBY with everyone at school, watching the anime, and collecting cards. <3

Firestorm

It's a shiny!
YYPoy.png

I didn't know they gave shiny Pokémon their own cards.
Shinies are super rates. 1 per 8 boxes or something. I got a shiny Krookodile last week. Wish it was a Shiny Rayquaza. Krook is just $10 'cause its useless but Ray is $60ish due to being good in competitive play and not having a non-shiny version yet (that'll change in about two weeks).

Next set has a shiny Blastoise and Charizard!

Kokonoe

Banned
Pokemon cards aren't expensive, and they are less costly than they were before. I'm sure you can play competitively for about 50$ or less. I don't play Pokemon cards now, though.

Collecting Lego for one. And not the ones you can buy in the stores but all the old stuff from the 90's or earlier. That adds up quickly. Collecting CIB copies of old games as well...

Kokonoe

Banned
Playing cards is the main part, so usually when people refer to the costs it's about that.

Collecting is usually costly for anything, just look at video game collecting.

Stage On

*sigh* I miss the guard game. I quite playing once the local Pokemon league run by Toys r us shut down since I had no one to play with anymore :(

I was a gym leader their too! It was wicked :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lolol, of the 5 Wii games I bought this year I haven't beaten any.

I... have a problem. :(

Gonna be making a mad dash to beat all my games before January 1. On that day I'm selling all my unbeaten games, no exceptions. Sort of a new-gen pallet cleansing.

Lolol, of the 5 Wii games I bought this year I haven't beaten any.

I... have a problem. :(

Gonna be making a mad dash to beat all my games before January 1. On that day I'm selling all my unbeaten games, no exceptions. Sort of a new-gen pallet cleansing.

I like it! I've opted to selling many of my unplayed games as well. If I haven't bothered with them for at least six months, I probably won't ever so eh. Of course I'll keep Xenoblade around because that may be hard to find later on but anything else...bye bye.

Kazzy

you don't just play Pokemon cards...

...you collect Pokemon cards.

Precisely, and I still own the majority of mine. The main reason that I bought them was for the artwork, although I did play the TCG a little too.

I may have posted this already, but I looked back at my collection for the first time a couple of weeks ago:

Dark Raichu, the BEST card!

And I quite liked the varied designs, even if Ken Sugimori's were generally (always) the best. I really couldn't stand the crappy CGI renders though, just seemed lazy to me.

All these newfangled cards from the last page are blowing my mind, but I'm not quite sure what to make of them. Some of them are nice from an aesthetic standpoint, but they pretty much ignore their main function, to be cards. Although I'm guessing the majority are for promo purposes, and the like.

Top Bottom