• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boney

Banned
I HAD 3 BLASTOISE AND A RAINDANCE TEAM WITH MY BEAUTIFUL 4 GYARADOS AND 4 LAPRAS

disclaimer: my brother got those and i just stole them

and one blastoise was in french

MikeMyers

I feel like playing Kanto again.

I have Leaf Green, but my Dex is almost complete (just missing the other two starters).

Still, I think I may restart.

Playing casually with some friends. My lineup:

Tyranitar
Dragonite
Scizor
Snorlax
Starmie
Gengar

Any really noticeable holes? It's for fun so I'm trying to stick to using my favorites (ex: Kingdra, Steelix). Also it's G/S/C.

I feel like playing Kanto again.

I have Leaf Green, but my Dex is almost complete (just missing the other two starters).

Still, I think I may restart.

Noooo! Don't do it without getting those last couple. Trust me.
I once got all 150 in Blue but restarted because I felt bored. Regretted it the next day.

MikeMyers

Noooo! Don't do it without getting those last couple. Trust me, you will regret it.
I once got all 150 in Blue but restarted because I felt bored. Regretted it the next day.

I got all 151 in Yellow, and screenshoted it for evidence.

547945_3649666159985_332490530_n.jpg

So it wont be too much of a loss, plus, I have the Kanto PokeDex almost complete in Platinum as well.

I got all 151 in Yellow, and screenshoted it for evidence.

So it wont be too much of a loss, plus, I have the Kanto PokeDex almost complete in Platinum as well.

That is boss, I really wish I did that back in the day (and knew abou the Mew glitch).
Also that Nuzlocke challenge sounds intense.

MikeMyers

If I restart, get Charmander, transfer it to Platinum. Then restart again with Bulbasaur, and eventually breed and send that to Platinum, I'll have a full Kanto PokeDex in Platinum.

Venusaur
Clefable
Gyarados
Dodrio
Jolteon
Snorlax

Is what I plan on using, although I don't know what else I can give Venusaur outside of Grass offense? Body Slam and Sludge Bomb after post-E4, where as Earthquake I'll give to Gyarados. I guess he'll get Strength.

backlot

I'm pretty sure my first exposure was the anime, but the TCG came shortly after, when a friend showed me his new Charizard card. It wasn't long before he gifted me a couple of booster packs, I remember getting the Chansey card in my first pack:

In retrospect, apart from its relative rarity, its pretty damn awful as an actual card!

My first exposure was definitely the anime. It was the episode where the two Metapods battled each other. I don't know what possibly compelled me to keep watching after seeing that.

Esura

Banned
Pickachu > Emolga

Anyone using Mei in Black 2?

EDIT: Nah, not GOLD, maybe Hilda or Mei. Maybe give them a faithful Tepig as a starter.

Which do you guys like better? D:

eXTm5.png
or
NlBep.png

No background, or background? I can't decide.

Nah, not GOLD, maybe Hilda or Mei. Maybe give them a faithful Tepig as a starter.

The show should start over with a new female lead protagonist. Or at least one of equal importance to the male one.

No one go searching for faithful Tepigs unless you already know what you are getting yourself into. Lest you be surprised.

Esura

Banned
Which do you guys like better? D:

eXTm5.png
or
NlBep.png

No background, or background? I can't decide.

I like the no background one better.

The show should start over with a new female lead protagonist. Or at least one of equal importance to the male one.

No one go searching for faithful Tepigs unless you already know what you are getting yourself into. Lest you be surprised.

I dont get why they chose Iris as the main female lead this time in the first place. Dont get me wrong, Iris is a beast and adorable but I figured Hilda would of been Ash's partner since he had the previous two main female protagonists of other PKMN games as his sidekick.

Nothing wrong with a faithful Tepig. It makes you feel all moe inside. :D

Madao

my GSC carts are totally useless due to the battery dying. thank god for the remakes.
i wish i had saved all my good pokes from back then in the stadium 2 cart.
Gen 3 made pokes from older games useless either way so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Stage On

I dont get why they chose Iris as the main female lead this time in the first place. Dont get me wrong, Iris is a beast and adorable but I figured Hilda would of been Ash's partner since he had the previous two main female protagonists of other PKMN games as his sidekick.

But what would Hilda do? They did Contests two generations in a row and doing them again would be both repetitive and gotten her more hate second people would compare her to May and Dawn even more.

Esura

Banned
But what would Hilda do? They did Contests two generations in a row and doing them again would be both repetitive and gotten her more hate second people would compare her to May and Dawn even more.

Have her....not do Contests? Do that dress up stuff or her training to be in a Pokeatholon or something. Or a Pokemon breeder in training (a female Brock) or something. No one told them to keep making the female sidekick a Contest junkie, lol.

Busaiku

I don't get why single stage non-legendary Pokemon usually have to suck.
I mean would it have been so bad if Emolga had decent Special Attack and better defenses?

Kokonoe

Banned
Stuff like that would be best kept for spinoffs. When you think about it, it's actually a lot nicer that the show purposely doesn't make too much sense compared to animes like Bleach or Naruto that attempt to be serious the entire time leaving tons of plotholes all over the place.

Pokemon Anime as it stands is similar to a cartoon in which you can just tune into any episode and enjoy it, it makes a lot more money that way.

MikeMyers

Honestly I think the series would be better if it changed protagonist.

Kanto & Orange Islands - Ash.

Then Johto gets a new protagonist, who eventually fights Ash at Mt. Silver in the end.

Stage On

They need to make a spin off based on the Pokemon Special manga aka Pokemon Adventures in North America and Singapore

If they can have multiple pokemon manga running why not multipul anime as well?

ffdgh

.....Nah lets take it up a notch, let them turn reburst into an anime to finally have a true digimon alternative. Everyone would love it *cough*

Top Bottom