• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I'll play Sonic Adventure 2 in full...or at least play more than one stage of it when the HD version comes out.

I guess it's a good thing that the first stage is one of the best in the game.

Seriously though, I would put City Escape up there with Outset Island and Snowy Toronto as one of the best first stages ever.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I remembered what I was doing last time I played Pokemon.

GPi8m.jpg
j2gCYCAkKpHyq.jpg

j18N1ErPOX0VC.jpg
jb0I9398QZ0jZ4.jpg

good times, good times

anyone else do this stupidness?

Thanks so much for the RNG'd Shellder, ffdgh! I named her Shelly and soon she will grow up to be an awesome, yonic, ragequit-forcing machine >:T

MikeMyers

Meowth was actually dressed as Tuxedo Mask in the episode as well.

I posted a photo of myself as Tuxedo Mask in the previous thread.

Kokonoe

Banned
I remember seeing there was a hack patch to SoulSilver awhile back that swapped out some Pokemon and injected Black and White Pokemon, and even put them in the wild. I'd like to inject Lilligant in the game in place of something like Luvdisc.

They were also making the custom world sprites that walk with you.

-edit-

It's called UnovaHGSS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkB8NwL0xQ4

wTxfJ.png

I remember seeing there was a hack patch to SoulSilver awhile back that swapped out some Pokemon and injected Black and White Pokemon, and even put them in the wild. I'd like to inject Lilligant in the game in place of something like Luvdisc.

They were also making the custom world sprites that walk with you.

-edit-

It's called UnovaHGSS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkB8NwL0xQ4

wTxfJ.png

For some reason that screenshot makes me feel strange. Something seems to be very out of place.

To be honest, I think I've never gotten these backporting hacks.

Then again, I don't get a lot of things.

ffdgh

You could do it the long way. Just keep using X defend and X sp.defend until it reach 6 levels with your bulkiest pokemon and ease your way to victory.

MikeMyers

I wonder why Lance starts off with Gyarados? He's basically throwing out his only real defense against bulky Waters to die first.

He should lead with Aerodactyl. Outspeeds most things and hits hard.

Firestorm

Grass Pokemon are already bad enough as is.
Like I was saying, Amoonguss was the single best Pokemon in the 2011 metagame and there are Pokemon who carry grass attacks who aren't actually grass types. My Chandelure has Energy Ball. Plenty of Rotom-Ws carry Hidden Power Grass. Leaf Storm is a ridiculously good attack on some Pokemon. It's not super common, but that helps balance the Pokemon with Sap Sipper as well.

Sap Sipper is like Storm Drain and Lightningrod in that it redirects attacks to the Pokemon with Sap Sipper.

Firestorm

As long as Grass Pokemon remain not-so-viable in competitive battling, I'm a sad Haxorus in a Turtwig suit.
Team with Exeggutor took second place in the world and you'll be able to play against it in just a few weeks in-game ;D

Speaking of that, if you want to watch an exhibition battle between the 2nd and 9th ranked players in the world with commentary where they talk to each other about the moves they made, just put up two videos today:

http://nuggetbridge.com/news/featured-battle-huy-ha-huy-vs-wolfe-glick-wolfey/

Let me know what you guys think of this. Hoping to do more in the future.

Top Bottom