• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

So I just finished The Power of One, and at the very end of the credits, the music was very familiar. A quick check of iTunes media, indeed, confirmed my suspicions: I have that song on my media all along.

LeleSocho

Banned
I totally forgot that the Snorlax in Kanto is lvl.50... good now i have 3 pokiemanz near or above 50.
Wait for me Kanto gym leaders i'm gonna kick your ass!

original G/S/C rulez.

Wichu

I was afraid for a long time too, but it's fun even if you lose! I used Arcanine in several matches tonight, and I think I surprised a few people with some OHKOs!

Arcanine is boss. What set do you run? I use a Life Orb set with Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Close Combat/ExtremeSpeed. It's a bit of a self-destructive set, but gets loads of kills.

I need to actually make a singles team. With Storm Drain Maractus finally being available in B2/W2, I should make a start. I still don't know who my 6th team member will be, though. I'm thinking Rotom.

Also I'll be getting the mono-Poison team I posted in the last thread - some of the Pokémon I want to use aren't in B1/W1, and I can't be bothered to get and migrate them from 4th gen. Plus an easier method of obtaining Sheer Force Nidoking doesn't hurt either.

Arcanine is boss. What set do you run? I use a Life Orb set with Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Close Combat/ExtremeSpeed. It's a bit of a self-destructive set, but gets loads of kills.

I almost always use that identical set, but I traded around a couple of weeks ago until I found someone willing to give me a Growlithe from B2/W2 that had Outrage and Close Combat. I gave my new Arcanine Outrage in place of ExtremeSpeed, and last night I tried it out. I got a OHKO on a Salamence to end a match, so it was worth it, even if just for that one battle. Haha.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I keep forgetting there's a community part of GAF. I need to visit more often and hang out with you guys more, it seems more chilled here.

I keep forgetting there's a community part of GAF. I need to visit more often and hang out with you guys more, it seems more chilled here.

It is, mostly. There are occasional flare-ups, but they tend to get resolved.

Stick us in your subs!

Heh. The most important part is to not really have to remind yourself. If something's good, you'll automatically post in it. Take this community thread for example. I almost always find something to talk about here, so post away I am.

Don't listen to them. This place will leave you a soul less husk. You'll only become part of the hive mind and start thinking things like Gen 3 is great, Flareon needs more love and...and...well stuff!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mechanically the game gets stronger each gen, though I didn't really get into gen 2's meta game and I really did not like playing through that version of Johto. I also don't like Hoenn but luckily FR/LG and the GCN games are Gen 3.

Gen IV fixed Johto in my mind and I love Sinnoh, but B/W and Unova are on a whole new plane of awesome.

ffdgh

Bw2 new breeding mechanics are such a joy.
100% to pass natures instead of 50 with an everstone, and an 80% chance to pass the moms ability to teh egg.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you RNG one ditto to 31 in everything and then breed using that for the power item and the other parent for nature you can get decent results in about an hour.

Even though I'm horrible at it, I tried to RNG myself a shiny Rockblast Skill Link Shellder today. I hoped for a miracle.

The miracle never happen.

I give up. I just want my Ragequit Cloyster... T^T

Top Bottom