• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Forkball

Been transferring my Gen IV Pokemon to Gen V. I didn't realize for the longest time that my 3DS is also a DS and I could use my old system to trade between them. Trying to get ready to put them all in the Pokebank when it launches. I forgot how many dupes of legendaries I have. I have like three Articunos. From FireRed and maybe one in SoulSilver? Was there one in DPP? It's going to be pretty amazing that Pokemon I caught over ten years ago on a portable SNES will be 3D models with a 3D effect on a system about as powerful as a GCN.

Though this transfer game is immensely dumb.

Forcing myself to play through the campaign of White 2 before October...really, it's the only Pokemon game I've bought that I didn't quickly finish. I'm not sure what distracted me.

Hey everyone. Couple questions, so I'm planning ongoing to GameStop today to get the Shiny Palkia(right? Or whichever shiny it is), and I've never done one of these before.

So I bring my ds with Black 2 in it, do I need anything else? Do I need to do anything specific in the game, like be somewhere or have a slot open or anything?

And how long should this take? I want to stop by before heading to work and don't want it to take too long so I'm late, and don't want to have to kill like 15 minutes in the parking lot for being too early.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I appreciate it.

Toxi

Banned
Hey everyone. Couple questions, so I'm planning ongoing to GameStop today to get the Shiny Palkia(right? Or whichever shiny it is), and I've never done one of these before.

So I bring my ds with Black 2 in it, do I need anything else? Do I need to do anything specific in the game, like be somewhere or have a slot open or anything?

And how long should this take? I want to stop by before heading to work and don't want it to take too long so I'm late, and don't want to have to kill like 15 minutes in the parking lot for being too early.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I appreciate it.
You need to have the National Pokedex (AKA you had to beat the game's main story and let the credits roll).

Other than that, nope, nothing specific. It usually takes about two minutes.

JoeM86

You need to have the National Pokedex (AKA you had to beat the game's main story and let the credits roll).

No you don't. You don't even need to have started a save

No you do not. I have had my copy of white for less than a month and successfully got dialga without the national pokedex. He just didn't show up in the pokedex yet.

Thanks for the help guys. I easy beat the game and everything, so that shouldn't be a problem either way.

Does he just show up in my PC or what?

Delivery dude waits inside the pokemon center (any pokemon center you enter). Talk to him w an empty spot in your party to get the 'mon handed to you.

Zelias

Banned
It just dawned on me that this is the last corocoro before the big one. The days pass too fast for me.
The release does seem to be bearing down on us more quickly than I thought it would. Seems like barely yesterday they announced it and we saw the starters...

So hype for this CoroCoro leak. Hopefully tomorrow.

Well it's still good but you have to understand that it's kid show so its not always making sense. I'm surprised that we don't really see you in smash that much since I'm used to see you in old thread before e3.

Ehh, Avater TLAB and TMNT are both for kids and are FAR better than Korra Season 1. Maybe Season 2 will be better ... who knows.

And I stopped caring about the smash threads because of a mixture of my growing annoyance with the prejudice some people had against me and my lack of interest in the game after seeing it's reveal.

For example, to spark up interesting talk I would share my thoughts about the direction Pokemon might take in the Smash world because it's the one gaming series I have followed like a hawk for most all of my years using a computer. And time and time again things would go like this ...

Me: Looking at the direction the Pokemon Anime/ movies is taking, the fact we don't know who is co-starring in the Genosect movie and the state of the 3DS and the past pattern of game releases ... I think we're gonna get a 6th gen real soon. I also think it's gonna come out before smash. If that's the case then I have to question if Lucario is gonna stay when there's 2 newer gens with no rep (and no one but me seems to want Pokemon to suck up most of the roster space).

Someone starts a huge argument with me, saying that a new gen aint coming before smash because they don't like the notion that Lucario could be 2 gens old by the time Smash 4 hits.

Someone else goes: LOL, just ignore Black-Wind! He doesn't shit :p

Result: Weeks later we get our first look at Pokemon XY ...

Same thing happens for Mewtwo.
Me: Hey, Mewtwo's getting a ton of merch and a D-Arts figure ... I think he may be co-starring in the Genesect movie! It makes perfect sense with them both being man-made. I think he can return to smash via new-found relevance and having a 6th gen form.

Someone doesn't like Mewtwo or the notion of him taking Lucario's spot so the same thing happens. Same people say I don't know shit and weeks later we find out Mewtwo is in the Genesect film ... and after that we find out he has a 6th gen form.

So I got tired of that, played Guild Wars 2 and stopped going there so much. Then we got the Smash 4 reveal and ... it just seemed like Brawl with a better artstyle. No mention of the cool customization Iwata and Sakurai talked about so either they canned that or are leaving it for later. Either way Nintendo hasn't gotten me interested enough in anything for the WiiU to consider buying it right now so ehh.

Firestorm

Sakurai has talked about customization somewhat often. I had 1000 posts in the old Dojo thread but haven't really followed it at all this time around. I did buy spectator tickets to Canada Cup so I can watch some Melee though!

Also, the anime finally making sense to me:

1236187_419383171501524_1416317316_n.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ehh, Avater TLAB and TMNT are both for kids and are FAR better than Korra Season 1. Maybe Season 2 will be better ... who knows.

And I stopped caring about the smash threads because of a mixture of my growing annoyance with the prejudice some people had against me and my lack of interest in the game after seeing it's reveal.

For example, to spark up interesting talk I would share my thoughts about the direction Pokemon might take in the Smash world because it's the one gaming series I have followed like a hawk for most all of my years using a computer. And time and time again things would go like this ...

Same thing happens for Mewtwo.
Me: Hey, Mewtwo's getting a ton of merch and a D-Arts figure ... I think he may be co-starring in the Genesect movie! It makes perfect sense with them both being man-made. I think he can return to smash via new-found relevance and having a 6th gen form.

Someone doesn't like Mewtwo or the notion of him taking Lucario's spot so the same thing happens. Same people say I don't know shit and weeks later we find out Mewtwo is in the Genesect film ... and after that we find out he has a 6th gen form.

So I got tired of that, played Guild Wars 2 and stopped going there so much. Then we got the Smash 4 reveal and ... it just seemed like Brawl with a better artstyle. No mention of the cool customization Iwata and Sakurai talked about so either they canned that or are leaving it for later. Either way Nintendo hasn't gotten me interested enough in anything for the WiiU to consider buying it right now so ehh.

I can't really blame you since I remembered those prejudices comments and I'm sure that it is annoying to deal with.

At least, I hope that future news would spark your interest in SSB4 somehow, and you don't need to buy Wii U since there will be 3DS version.

Sakurai has talked about customization somewhat often. I had 1000 posts in the old Dojo thread but haven't really followed it at all this time around. I did buy spectator tickets to Canada Cup so I can watch some Melee though!

It's easier to ignore smash when we are hyping for pokemon coming so soon. :p Yeah, Ash is used to losing at tournament every single time.

Fantomex

Hi party people. So I never played BW2, will that be a problem? Is it ok to go from BW1 to the new XY or is there something really important in BW2 that I should do first?

Toxi

Banned
The ridiculously high status of legendaries in the anime always seemed ridiculous to me.

Grimdark reboot?
Nah, I think it will be light and humorous.

It's been over fifteen years. Poor Ash needs to grow up.

Hi party people. So I never played BW2, will that be a problem? Is it ok to go from BW1 to the new XY or is there something really important in BW2 that I should do first?
You'll be fine. There are a few new features in BW2 that might show up in X and Y (Like the Pokemon World Tournament), but X and Y will almost certainly explain those new features in great detail.

Seil

You'll be fine. There's plenty of fun to be had in the sequels and a lot of nifty additions, but there's nothing necessary or important to continuing. You'll be able to use the Transporter with BW when it launches in December.

If there are Pokemon available in BW2 that you would like to obtain, there's that. But there's not going to be anything that impedes your ability to enjoy XY.

Edit: Beaten and it looks extra weird due to the use of the same starting sentence haha...

A kids' show should still make sense. Directing something towards kids doesn't excuse lazy writing.
What about the cynical explanation? The show's staff don't have the time, budget, or really any compelling reason to be anything more than the same thing over and over again. If you want more Pokemon outside of the games, you pretty much just have Pokemon Adventures.

And those Pokemon figures with the metal ball in their base that you can slide around and ram into each other. What were those called?

Caladrius

Pokemon TCG!

I started collecting cards again a couple months ago. I got an lucky streak where I got Plasma Storm's Lugia EX, and the Full art Entei and Giratina cards and I've been having bad luck ever since, which is irritating because Plasma Storm and Blast have a lot of cards that I really want.

I freaked the hell out when I saw that Giratina though. How often does someone snag the rarest version of their Favorite pokemon by dumb luck?

Firestorm

That's pretty nice! Usually buying loose packs is a bad investment. Boxes are a fun way to go because you get to open a whole bunch of packs at once and because they have a set amount of ultra rares and such per box so you're a bit more guaranteed to get some good/rare cards.

I'm more of a player so I try to buy singles whenever possible. I just can't resist buying a pack here and there though. Pokemon gambling problems. I blame the Celadon Game Corner.

Caladrius

That's pretty nice! Usually buying loose packs is a bad investment. Boxes are a fun way to go because you get to open a whole bunch of packs at once and because they have a set amount of ultra rares and such per box so you're a bit more guaranteed to get some good/rare cards.

I'm more of a player so I try to buy singles whenever possible. I just can't resist buying a pack here and there though. Pokemon gambling problems. I blame the Celadon Game Corner.

Boxes as in those big monochrome ones or the ones with the figurines in them?

Firestorm

Boxes as in 36 packs in a sealed box. Its what the store would open and then sell individually.

110715338-260x260-0-0_pokemon+pokemon+tcg+black+and+white+booster+box+se.jpg

I have never bought or won a box but want to because it seems so fun to open a whole bunch of packs at once! Gotta love that rush of opening a pack not knowing what you'll get even if usually its followed by crushing disappointment and regret :p

Caladrius

Boxes as in 36 packs in a sealed box. Its what the store would open and then sell individually.

110715338-260x260-0-0_pokemon+pokemon+tcg+black+and+white+booster+box+se.jpg

I have never bought or won a box but want to because it seems so fun to open a whole bunch of packs at once! Gotta love that rush of opening a pack not knowing what you'll get even if usually its followed by crushing disappointment and regret :p

Holy crap that's gotta be at least 120 bucks.;_;

Firestorm

I think Americans get them for $90 - $110 online or from people who win them at events :p I think I'm going to make it my goal to win one box at an event this season. Gotta start testing!

The next set has really pretty art!

200px-CharmanderEXBattleBoost9.jpg
200px-CharizardEXBattleBoost11.jpg

And after that we're onto XY!

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

Caladrius

I think Americans get them for $90 - $110 online or from people who win them at events :p I think I'm going to make it my goal to win one box at an event this season. Gotta start testing!

The next set has really pretty art!

200px-CharmanderEXBattleBoost9.jpg
200px-CharizardEXBattleBoost11.jpg

And after that we're onto XY!

I don't even like charizard that much but dayum. And a box like that would have to be a christmas present. Unfortunately I only have enough disposable income for the pokemon games and 3DS for the next two months.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

I CAN FEEL THE SHINY GALLADE IN MY BONES TONIGHT.

Oh yeah there's pre-release Corocoro too, that's cool I guess.

Top Bottom