• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

blamite

I'm working on rounding up the rest of the Pokemon I want to get from HeartGold, and it looks like most of what I'm missing requires me to beat Red, but most of my team is only in the high 40s-mid 50s. Any advice on the easiest pace to grind a bunch of exp to get to a decent level for the last battle?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm working on rounding up the rest of the Pokemon I want to get from HeartGold, and it looks like most of what I'm missing requires me to beat Red, but most of my team is only in the high 40s-mid 50s. Any advice on the easiest pace to grind a bunch of exp to get to a decent level for the last battle?

That should be ok, just be sure to type match. If they're EV trained it'll be a joke at that level, I had a lvl50 Infernape I used for wall breaking sweep most of Red's team outside the Pikachu/Espeon combo.

Call Gym Leader
Defeat Gym Leader
Exit Gym
Call Gym Leader
Repeat

Firestorm

I wanted to share some beautiful artwork with you all. Our site is doing a large team-based tournament and two of our artists created logos for the teams. We did all the names based on actual locations in the games:

logo_flames310.png
logo_cones310.png

logo_rollouts310.png
logo_chargers310.png

logo_stars310.png
logo_ninjas310.png

logo_rockets310.png
logo_jets310.png

logo_gamblers310.png
logo_holyspirits310.png

logo_bravebirds310.png
logo_islanders310.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why are you using Braviary and Emboar for Fortree and Fallarbor?

Needs to be Hoenn Region Pokemon. :(

Sponge

Banned
This is my first post in this thread, but I really wanna talk about what keeps me coming back to Pokemon White and Pokemon Diamond. Shiny Hunting.

I have been using the Poke Radar and Masuda Method for years now. It's to the point I almost have a box full of these guys...

i9ju0wb.png

I caught a Shiny Swablu earlier today in Diamond, and I plan on training it in X/Y. Any suggestions for names? I'm thinkin' Nimbus.

RpUovCZ.jpg

789shadow

Banned
I wanted to share some beautiful artwork with you all. Our site is doing a large team-based tournament and two of our artists created logos for the teams. We did all the names based on actual locations in the games:
Hey, I'm going to need one of these for every single town in Pokemon.

Sponge

Banned
Well I'm insanely happy right now.

I started hatching Golett about an hour and half ago and just got a shiny one at 27 eggs. This is a new record, because my last MM egg was at 1000 something.

lQMBhe6.png

xGVXrmm.png

Also, I think I'm gonna go with naming my Swablu Marshmello.

Aggrotek

Well I'm insanely happy right now.

I started hatching Golett about an hour and half ago and just got a shiny one at 27 eggs. This is a new record, because my last MM egg was at 1000 something.

lQMBhe6.png

xGVXrmm.png

Also, I think I'm gonna go with naming my Swably Marshmello.

I really want a shiny Golurk.

Currently I am hunting for a shiny in Floccesy Ranch, using static, hoping for a Mareep. I am at 2964 encounters. With the Shiny Charm.

Sponge

Banned
I really want a shiny Golurk.

Currently I am hunting for a shiny in Floccesy Ranch, using static, hoping for a Mareep. I am at 2964 encounters. With the Shiny Charm.

I'd check and see if Mareep/Flaffy are in Diamond or Pearl. Once you learn how to use the Poke Radar, it's so easy to get shinies.

Aggrotek

I'd check and see if Mareep/Flaffy are in Diamond or Pearl. Once you learn how to use the Poke Radar, it's so easy to get shinies.

Oh I know. I hunt shinies as well. I thought I was the only one here who did it really seriously lol.

I don't have Platinum anymore, and I don't really enjoy using the PokeRadar any more. It's more fun to RE, MM, SR for me.

Sponge

Banned
Oh I know. I hunt shinies as well. I thought I was the only one here who did it really seriously lol.

I don't have Platinum anymore, and I don't really enjoy using the PokeRadar any more. It's more fun to RE, MM, SR for me.

I can respect that. It's nice to actually talk to someone who is into hunting shinies. Everyone in the Skype call I was just in didn't understand why I was so ecstatic about finding that Golett.

I haven't MM many Pokemon but I'll keep it up if I keep getting lucky hatches.

Aggrotek

I can respect that. It's nice to actually talk to someone who is into hunting shinies. Everyone in the Skype call I was just in didn't understand why I was so ecstatic about finding that Golett.

I haven't MM many Pokemon but I'll keep it up if I keep getting lucky hatches.

Seriously, I have wanted to do some races or something but no one ever takes me up on it lol. I dunno if its fair though, cuz I have the Charm.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Coro Coro that is going to be leaked has the Pokemon info as a separate book(let) right, or is it for next issue?

So wait, the English version of the anime will be almost up to date with the Japanese one since the first two episodes of XY are airing on October 19th?

Drago

Mega Typhlosion is the only one I like in that picture. And I really like it. The Volcarona is cool too.

Maaaan, I wish every starter could get a mega. I have a hunch it'll just be the Kanto and Kalos starters, plus Blaziken because I don't know. Hope we get them all eventually. :/

Top Bottom