• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

PK Gaming

So that happened

Totally indifferent to 2nd stage starters (I've always only cared about their final forms) and the other new Pokemon pretty good. Not a fan of MegaGarchomp though, he looks so lame :(

Still not sure how I feel about these type changes overall, but i'm sure as hell not happy with the Fairy Type matchup. It's way too early to judge it, but it's only weak to Steel and Poison (the latter of which is still going to be a offensively) and resistant / immune to several really good types. It's like they set out the dragon-type and basically created a new version instead.

Steel losing 2 resistances is awesome though.

Dark can hit Metagross, Jirachi, and Bronzong for super effective damage now, if that's any consolation.

The main problem with Dark is that it only serves as a liability, because it's useless as a defensive type and limited as an offensive type. Otherwise awesome Pokemon like Hydreigon get stomped on because of their Dark typing, which hardly benefits them. Hydreigon is a Dragon, it has Levitate, it has high special attack, it can learn a ton of moves. That Dark Pulse STAB really is not worth getting destroyed by any Fighting moves it comes across. Tyranitar can at least learn Pursuit, but its Dark type means Fighting makes a joke of it.

It has no 4x advantages, it doesn't have a single move with base power of 100 or more. It feels like Dark is far more useful to have as a move than an actual typing. Ghost isn't generally enough of an offensive threat for the resistance to matter, and Psychics can just bypass the immunity because Psychic happens to be a type that specializes in learning a variety of moves.

Caladrius

The main problem with Dark is that it only serves as a liability, because it's useless as a defensive type and limited as an offensive type. Otherwise awesome Pokemon like Hydreigon get stomped on because of their Dark typing, which hardly benefits them. Hydreigon is a Dragon, it has Levitate, it has high special attack, it can learn a ton of moves. That Dark Pulse STAB really is not worth getting destroyed by any Fighting moves it comes across. Tyranitar can at least learn Pursuit, but its Dark type means Fighting makes a joke of it.

It has no 4x advantages, it doesn't have a single move with base power of 100 or more. It feels like Dark is far more useful to have as a move than an actual typing. Ghost isn't generally enough of an offensive threat for the resistance to matter, and Psychics can just bypass the immunity because Psychic happens to be a type that specializes in learning a variety of moves.

Dark is the new poison type?

I wonder where Darkrai would be without Dark Void. More importantly I'm going to be interested in if and how Yveltal makes its niche in Ubers.

Anura

Can I just say how cool
MegaGarchomp
is? Like really all those people who hate that chin should go google the human skull, heck that's why those evangelion robots look so disconcerting. Not to mention those chest spikes look like a jacket zipper revealing a bare chest, a red and perhaps bloodstained chest!

#
teamChompmegaisbestmega

Water is best type. If Fairy was strong against Grass or Electric, then we would know something is going on.

Can I just say how cool MegaGarchomp is? Like really all those people who hate that chin should go google the human skull, heck that's why those evangelion robots look so disconcerting. Not to mention those chest spikes look like a jacket zipper revealing a bare chest, a red and perhaps bloodstained chest!

#teamChompmegaisbestmega

The Evangelion "robots" are disturbing for far, far more reasons than their pointy chins.

Caladrius

Can I just say how cool Mega
Garchomp
is? Like really all those people who hate that chin should go google the human skull, heck that's why those evangelion robots look so disconcerting. Not to mention those chest spikes look like a jacket zipper revealing a bare chest, a red and perhaps bloodstained chest!

#teamChompmegaisbestmega

Mega
Garchomp
is the thing that slept in my Diamond and Pearl nightmares. Every single thing about it screams bloody murder.

And it's looking right at me.

Anura

Water is best type. If Fairy was strong against Grass or Electric, then we would know something is going on.

The Evangelion "robots" are disturbing for far, far more reasons than their pointy chins.

Talking about at a glance and not all that stuff in the show

Also I didn't know we are spoiler tagging things here sorry about that I edited it for anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled

I was weak. >_>

How come Froakie gets the best middle evo...
Chespin will be awesome, as long as it lays off the freaking acorns!

braves01

Banned
I pre-ordered today. Only a month away!!

jonah-hill.gif

backlot

I mean the friend gives the starter he/she chose. Pretty sure there was a rumor saying that.

The last Pokemon Direct says a friend gives you your initial starter. The rumor says at the end of the game a friend (possibly the same one) gives you the fully evolved form of the starter they got.

Top Bottom