• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

The last Pokemon Direct says a friend gives you your initial starter. The rumor says at the end of the game a friend (possibly the same one) gives you the fully evolved form of the starter they got.

Yea, this is what I was talking about, I just worded it poorly. :/

Aggrotek

Pyroar is pretty boss

image.php

What benefit is there to buying your matching sequel with white/black and white2/black2? I know the cover legendaries flip such that you get the other one if you buy your original game's sequel, but is there any benefit besides that? A friend had no idea how things worked and bought white 2 when she bough black originally. I had white- would there be any negative consequences to me buying black 2 besides a redundant Zekrom?

No one answered you, so I don't know if you've already given up hope on getting a response, but you'll be fine swapping from White to Black 2. Like you mentioned, an extra Zekrom is the only thing you'll run into that really makes a difference.

As I sit here for over an hour transferring Pokemon from White to White 2 just so I can play through it again I think to myself, "Fuck this shit, I'm buying Pokemon Bank."

Quest1

As I sit here for over an hour transferring Pokemon from White to White 2 just so I can play through it again I think to myself, "Fuck this shit, I'm buying Pokemon Bank."

Seriously, I spent over an hour transferring over some soul silver pkmn to white 2 in prep for next month. If Bank lets me do it quicker for gen 6/7, count me in.

Also, I've been doing my best to not spoil too much but Pyroar? Arcanine and Pyroar best buddz. I might do a mono-fire run through my second go since Gen 6 is bringing heat. So hyped.

And yes I saw that too. Still #teamchespin #froakiedefectionimminent

No one answered you, so I don't know if you've already given up hope on getting a response, but you'll be fine swapping from White to Black 2. Like you mentioned, an extra Zekrom is the only thing you'll run into that really makes a difference.

Why thank you. Yeah I figured I wasn't getting an answer. My behind-the-times concerns can't compete with x-y hype and heartbreak of the universe shitting on scrafty.

Wiseblade

GF rebalanced the types?!

*panicks*

*reads changes*

Eh, they didn't do much. They basically set up fairy as a counter to current team designed then tweaked steel a little. I'm a bit upset about Empoleon losing resistances, but they weren't ones I was really using anyway.

JoeM86

UK people.

There's almost certainly to be a Royal Mail strike on October 10th which could delay deliveries of Pokémon X & Y. Most likely places will adapt around this, but it means you won't get it early unless your place offers courier service. We'll know if there's to be a strike by the 3rd.

Just a warning

Wiseblade

UK people.

There's almost certainly to be a Royal Mail strike on October 10th which could delay deliveries of Pokémon X & Y. Most likely places will adapt around this, but it means you won't get it early unless your place offers courier service. We'll know if there's to be a strike by the 3rd.

Just a warning
X/Y Will be on the eShop day one, right? Then I have nothing to worry about.

qq more

eShop versions of retail titles (at least, big ones) tend to get midnight day one releases rather than conforming to standard release schedules though, yeah? So the question then becomes "midnight where?" (which is probably EST as well).

Oh, yeah, that is true. I forgot about that... I should've known since I planned to get ACNL the moment it got on Eshop and it definitely released wayyy before noon. I forgot what exact time, maybe it was midnight EST?

UK people.

Just a warning

Do you know how Shopto delivers, do they do couriers?

eShop versions of retail titles (at least, big ones) tend to get midnight day one releases rather than conforming to standard release schedules though, yeah? So the question then becomes "midnight where?" (which is probably EST as well).

Thank Arceus, if it is Midnight EST I can download it at 10PM on the 11th.

Dr. Buni

I don't know why people want part Dark-type. The way I view it is as a type weak against fighting types.

Because Luxray looks more like a Dark Pokémon than some actual Dark-types. Though with the nerf the type got in Gen VI, I am not sure if it becoming Electric/Dark would be a good idea.

Toxi

Banned
Because Luxray looks more like a Dark Pokémon than some actual Dark-types. Though with the nerf the type got in Gen VI, I am not sure if it becoming Electric/Dark would be a good idea.
...How does Luxray look like a Dark type?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Being "ferocious" isn't really dark-inducing though. It doesn't have malicious descriptions in the dex.

Aggrotek

Honestly, I can't understand why anyone would buy X/Y on cartridge. It's not like you're ever going to take it out of your 3DS.

I still have Fire Emblem and plan on getting Super Smash Bros. Plus my internet is spotty at times and it could take forever to download. Also, I prefer having a tangible copy. Never know what might happen.

Top Bottom