• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

backlot

I'm really excited to learn more about Fairy type. I want to see what kind of moves it gets. A priority Fairy attack would be pretty nice.

Wiseblade

I think I'll live with not comprehending dunsparces.

Does anyone else see the red line under Pokemon names and actually looks for misspellings for a second as if the name actually exists in the dictionary?
I just add the Pokémon names to my dictionary.

Here's a question: If each of you were in charge of type balance for X/Y, what would you change? And what Weaknesses/Resistances would you give the fairy type?

Kokonoe

Banned
Here's a question: If each of you were in charge of type balance for X/Y, what would you change? And what Weaknesses/Resistances would you give the fairy type?

This is actually kind of difficult to think about since I'm not quite sure how I would incorporate Fairy type into Pokemon except with it being super effective against Dragon, which is what it already is.

Before, my ideal of balancing was something like this:

Ice

Gains resistance to Dragon type
Loses weakness to Rock

Grass

Loses weakness to Poison

Water

Gains Poison weakness

I also thought it might be good if Water lost the ability to use Ice moves, but I don't know. I'm also not sure if I had anything else in mind, my memory is fuzzy.

qq more

Wubafett!

5DOh1db.gif

(credit to koko)

Wiseblade

This is actually kind of difficult to think about since I'm not quite sure how I would incorporate Fairy type into Pokemon except with it being super effective against Dragon, which is what it already is.

Before, my ideal of balancing was something like this:

Ice

Gains resistance to Dragon type
Loses weakness to Rock

Grass

Loses weakness to Poison

Water

Gains Poison weakness

I also thought it might be good if Water lost the ability to use Ice moves, but I don't know. I'm also not sure if I had anything else in mind, my memory is fuzzy.

If it was down to me, the Fairy Type would look something like:

Offensive
Super Effective vs Dragon
Super Effective vs Dark

Not Very Effective vs Steel
Not Very Effective vs Psychic
Not Very Effective vs Ghost

Defensive

Weak to Ghost
Weak to Psychic

Resists Dragon
Resists Fighting
Resists Dark

I think something like that could be pretty interesting. I agree with you on making Poison Super effective against Water, but I'd also make it Super Effective vs Fighting. Poison is only strong against one type while it has four resists and an immunity going against it, making it easily the worst offensive type in the game. Takes away effectiveness against Grass isn't going to help matters. I agree that Ice need to lose a weakness and rock seems like a good one to take away.

Kokonoe

Banned
Wubafett was not me I swear!

If it was down to me, the Fairy Type would look something like:

Offensive
Super Effective vs Dragon
Super Effective vs Dark

Not Very Effective vs Steel
Not Very Effective vs Psychic
Not Very Effective vs Ghost

Defensive

Weak to Ghost
Weak to Psychic

Resists Dragon
Resists Fighting
Resists Dark

I think something like that could be pretty interesting. I agree with you on making Poison Super effective against Water, but I'd also make it Super Effective vs Fighting. Poison is only strong against one type while it has four resists and an immunity going against it, making it easily the worst offensive type in the game. Takes away effectiveness against Grass isn't going to help matters. I agree that Ice need to lose a weakness and rock seems like a good one to take away.

Hmm, I can agree to that. All in all, this is actually pretty exciting to have things shaken up, I really want to see how Gamefreak does this.

Funnily enough, Empoleon would not be effected by a poison weakness if that was added.

If that happens, I might end up appreciating dubstep, and...

What if the next Pokemon game had it where you had to mistreat Victini plushies?

Thanks to this page, I ended up trying the Dark Theme.
Wow, it's every bit as amazing as they say.

It's possibly the best thing out of the theme refresh yet. Finally, no more blinding whites during late-night browsing sessions!

And then the world will explode.

Who knows, maybe Pokémon will make dubstep even more mainstream.

What if the next Pokemon game had it where you had to mistreat Victini plushies?

*hides*

Refyref

It's possibly the best thing out of the theme refresh yet. Finally, no more blinding whites during late-night browsing sessions!

Yea, I'll be using the regular theme during the day and dark during the night. I do like this new layout, though.

Who knows, maybe Pokémon will make dubstep even more mainstream.

If there is anything the world does not need, is for dubstep to become even more popular.

cafemomo

Welp, both my Emerald and Sapphire batteries died this morning. Was working fine last night.

Gonna have to replace them now.

Is it the same battery as in the RBGY/GSC carts or a completely different one?

Welp, both my Emerald and Sapphire batteries died this morning. Was working fine last night. Gonna have to replace them now.

How long have you had these games? Even RTC batteries that power only the clock and nothing else will run out. At least the save's unaffected.

I don't know about that, though.

Wiseblade

Welp, both my Emerald and Sapphire batteries died this morning. Was working fine last night.

Gonna have to replace them now.

Your saves should still be fine, you just won't be able to do time-sensitive events like grow berries anymore.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's Alexa, not Viola ;)

Also, fun fact, that episode will air around X & Y release in the US at the current dub rate :)

Ah whoops, Alexa!

And yeah, assuming there won't be any trouble, it's a nice timing. But I wonder if they'd skip Decolora altogether.

Top Bottom