• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

PK Gaming

If it was down to me, the Fairy Type would look something like:

Offensive
Super Effective vs Dragon
Super Effective vs Dark

Not Very Effective vs Steel
Not Very Effective vs Psychic
Not Very Effective vs Ghost

Defensive

Weak to Ghost
Weak to Psychic

Resists Dragon
Resists Fighting
Resists Dark

I think something like that could be pretty interesting. I agree with you on making Poison Super effective against Water, but I'd also make it Super Effective vs Fighting. Poison is only strong against one type while it has four resists and an immunity going against it, making it easily the worst offensive type in the game. Takes away effectiveness against Grass isn't going to help matters. I agree that Ice need to lose a weakness and rock seems like a good one to take away.

Why does Dark need another type weakness? It's already an underwhelming type defensively, a weakness to Fairy would make it awful.

backlot

Dark type is already pretty awful defensively. I don't think one more weakness is gonna mean much in the long run. It would suck that Sableye and Spiritomb would have a weakness though.

Frost_Ace

Dark type is already pretty awful defensively. I don't think one more weakness is gonna mean much in the long run. It would suck that Sableye and Spiritomb would have a weakness though.

You just want to protect your precious sableye, say it :p

me too :(

Kokonoe

Banned
Vs. Team GR - Pokémon Trading Card Game 2

Waterfall Colosseum - Pokemon Battle Revolution

Forgot about Primal Dialga, just looked up the original and yep, good goodz.

ludidance.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
FYI, the guy who made the amazing Colosseum and Gale of Darkness OSTs made the Battle Revolution OST.

Pokémon Battle Revolution - Gateway Colosseum

Pokemon Colosseum - Phenac City

Some mainstays:

Pokemon Trading Card Game - Grandmaster Duel

Pokemon Colosseum - Cipher Peon Battle

I can get behind this, I'm honestly wondering if I like the spinoff game music more than the actual mainline titles.

Pokemon Rumble - Vs. Mewtwo

Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure - Boss Battle

You paired the two songs that make you wonder what is going on in this game that truly warrants the crazy music. lol Good stuff, however!

FYI, the guy who made the amazing Colosseum and Gale of Darkness OSTs made the Battle Revolution OST.

Pokémon Battle Revolution - Gateway Colosseum

Pokemon Colosseum - Phenac City

I can get behind this, I'm honestly wondering if I like the spinoff game music more than the actual mainline titles.

You paired the two songs that make you wonder what is going on in this game that truly warrants the crazy music. lol Good stuff, however!
Tsukasa Tawada even commented positively on the Cipher Peon video there - hope he comes back for future OSTs...

Pokemon Pinball - Blue Field Catch/Evolution (kanarazu getto daze, POKEMON GETTO DAZE)

qq more

Do you actually do any online battling?

In all of seriousness, I'm actually pretty terrible at multiplayer battles. I'm not a very competitive person though so I've never bothered much with that. Most I've ever done is trade. Most of my playtime on Pokemon is just going through the story and do some post-game stuff.

But I can't help but feel I'm missing out on a lot.

backlot

In all of seriousness, I'm actually pretty terrible at multiplayer battles. I'm not a very competitive person though so I've never bothered much with that. Most I've ever done is trade. Most of my playtime on Pokemon is just going through the story and do some post-game stuff.

It is definitely a lot of fun if you can get past the daunting EV/IV parts. Multiplayer battles add a lot of length to the game. I hope XY can make it easier for new players to get into.

It is definitely a lot of fun if you can get past the daunting EV/IV parts. Multiplayer battles add a lot of length to the game. I hope XY can make it easier for new players to get into.

I find the IV thing to be just annoying. EVs they have made much less time consuming with join avenue, etc., but IVs are way too time consuming to attempt in my book. I'd like to see them either remove this mechanic entirely or at least come up with a way to easily modify an existing pokemon's IV's / ensure that they are decent when you find it.

qq more

The whole IV thing was what put me off from competitive battling. It's too time consuming and complicated for my liking. I kind of prefer playing Pokemon games more casually so I guess it's not really my thing. Ah well...

Kokonoe

Banned

I know you haven't really got into anime or manga in a while, but you should really check out Pokémon RéBURST as soon as possible, I have a feeling you'll really enjoy it.

Right.

Speaking of unrelated things, I found some sheet music for N's Farewell and am fumbling through it. It's cool when the notes sound just right :)

Am also thinking of looking up info on Azumarill for kicks. But that comes afterwards *puts on headphones as it is late at night*

backlot

Right.

Speaking of unrelated things, I found some sheet music for N's Farewell and am fumbling through it. It's cool when the notes sound just right :)

Am also thinking of looking up info on Azumarill for kicks. But that comes afterwards *puts on headphones as it is late at night*

Azumarill's pretty good with Choice Band Aqua Jet. Especially under rain.

backlot

Has any Pokemon's stats been changed in the transition to a new gen?

I think the only time it has happened is in gen 2 when they switched from a single Special stat to Special Attack and Special Defense. There have been hold items like Light Ball and Eviolite which effectively change the base stats of certain Pokemon.

Top Bottom