• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Toxi

Banned
The problem is that people continually forget that we play as the trainers, not the Pokémon. Controlling the Pokémon in battle yourself is contrary to the premise of the game.
Now you're reminding me of Digimon World, a game where you controlled the trainer who ordered the Digimon in real-time.

The problem is that Digimon World was rather clunky.

There, there. It is okay, I like one or two weird looking Pokémon as well.
Chespin's got a 2x Bug weakness, don't make me bring out the Megahorn.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Said people wouldn't even play Pokemon even if it changed its gameplay. They're really those ignorant folks who try to think they know how a franchise works.

ffdgh

Decisions decions...better type coverage at the cost of more weaknesses. Still better than grass dark...

Eh guess grass/steel is the best option.

More "journalists" are calling for Pokémon to completely redo the battle system away from being turn-based.

I hate people sometimes :/

I think what is ever worse is that some asshole at Kotaku asked Masuda to his face if they ripped off Digimon with Mega Evolution. What a disrespectful asshat.

It's okay, guys. In a few years I'll be a pro-bono journalist and your man on the inside. Then you'll know who to trust when it comes to Poké-journalism :V

Toxi

Banned
Quad-weaknesses can be pretty nice, tho; they turn already bad matchups into hopeless ones.

It's okay, guys. In a few years I'll be a pro-bono journalist and your man on the inside. Then you'll know who to trust when it comes to Poké-journalism :V

You're just going to print wall-to-wall Scrafty vanity articles, aren't you?

You're just going to print wall-to-wall Scrafty vanity articles, aren't you?

Maybe. Possibly.
Yes.

I may also write articles about how badly Gen I has aged as click bait though ;P

Fight the good fight, brah.

Cuss yeah!

PYs86.gif

if When mega grass/dragon serperior with contrary leaf storm and dragon pulse is revealed, you shall see the error of your ways.

I kinda hope now that not every starter gets a Mega yet, since apparently no Kalos Pokemon are getting Megas. It would feel weird if every starter except the Gen VI ones got Megas
I may also write articles about how badly Gen I has aged as click bait though ;P
You can't run in Gen I.
UNPLAYABLE!

Forkball

There should be a Fire/Ice Pokemon. It's still pretty shocking to see some type combos that still don't exist even after 700 Pokemon. Also there are a ton of animals that don't have Pokemon counterparts. For example:

Trout
Dolphin
Mosquito
Earthworm
Walking Stick
Moose
Platypus
Roach
Turkey
Etc...

Qurupeke

It's not that I hate Grass types, but it's really a bad type. Yeah, there are a few outstanding grass pokemon, like Breloom, Celebi and Contrary Serperior but generally they're pretty weak. And there aren't many good offensive moves.

There should be a Fire/Ice Pokemon. It's still pretty shocking to see some type combos that still don't exist even after 700 Pokemon. Also there are a ton of animals that don't have Pokemon counterparts. For example:

Trout
Dolphin
Mosquito
Earthworm
Walking Stick
Moose
Platypus
Roach
Turkey
Etc...
You list Mosquito but not Fly?

Dr. Buni

Cockroach Pokémon? Ew :c

It's not that I hate Grass types, but it's really a bad type. Yeah, there are a few outstanding grass pokemon, like Breloom, Celebi and Contrary Serperior but generally they're pretty weak. And there aren't many good offensive moves.

That is because Grass isn't an offensive type. I acknowledge the type isn't one of the bests, but it isn't the worst either.

I personally always have tons of fun using Leech Seed + Powders + Giga Drain. I think it is more fun than the all-out-attack way of playing of Fire-types.

Calling it a "bad type" is an hyperbole btw and it is not like the Fire-type is one of the bests either, though it got a bit better with the Fairy-type resistance...

Toxi

Banned
For those who haven't seen it, here's a list of 100 organisms that are not Pokemon.

Cockroach Pokémon? Ew :c
Oddly enough, cockroaches are fastidiously clean in comparison to a lot of other "pests" like flies.

Plus, we have a mon composed of sludge, which is way more disgusting than any natural animal.

Grass types are getting a nice buff with the immunity to Spore... Except Breloom, of course. :p

Qurupeke

That is because Grass isn't an offensive type. I acknowledge the type isn't one of the bests, but it isn't the worst either.

I personally always have tons of fun using Leech Seed + Powders + Giga Drain. I think it is more fun than the all-out-attack way of playing of Fire-types.

Calling it a "bad type" is an hyperbole btw and it is not like the Fire-type is one of the bests either, though it got a bit better with the Fairy-type resistance...

It's not the worst, but clearly one of the bad types. Grass type moves are more about the combinations and strategy, but this makes them a bit boring. They just feel a bit off, as CB nowadays is more oriented towards speed and there are many Grass types that completely depend of Sunny Day or Drought. Also, it's kinda funny that Sunny weather affects them positively, as it also helps their "predators", Fire-types. :p

qq more

More "journalists" are calling for Pokémon to completely redo the battle system away from being turn-based.

I hate people sometimes :/

Pokemon is one of the few RPG franchises left with turn-based battles. Fuck that noise.

Turn based battles > *

Dr. Buni

It's not the worst, but clearly one of the bad types. Grass type moves are more about the combinations and strategy, but this makes them a bit boring. They just feel a bit off, as CB nowadays is more oriented towards speed and there are many Grass types that completely depend of Sunny Day or Drought. Also, it's kinda funny that Sunny weather affects them positively, as it also helps their "predators", Fire-types. :p

Lol, as I said, that is exactly what I like about Grass-types, besides the amazing concept, of course. I guess to each their own. Oh and again, I don't think Grass is one of the bad types, though I agree that it definitely need some boosts. Losing one or two weaknesses would be a great start. Then again, I don't play metagame and I am referring solely to my experiences in the Battle Frontier facilities and in the PWT. Grass-type works amazingly in these places.

Those guys at Game Freak know how to make unappealing, ugly, or scary stuff cute and cuddly. :)

Yeah. Still, it could be the cutest thing ever and I would probably still dislike it, because of traumas :v

Top Bottom