• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Got these today from two of my friends as belated birthday gifts!

ImfyhlH.jpg

fgITZKe.jpg

DaBoss

Some info about Pokémon Bank from a Nintendo rep via NWR:

North America will be getting a free month of Pokémon Bank. After the trial is up, players will have to pay an annual fee. This exact price of this service will be announced at a later date.

Some players may also be wondering what happens to Pokémon stored in Pokémon Bank if their service runs out. The good news is, they will not be lost or deleted. However, we were told players would have to pay for the service again in order to regain access to these stored Pokémon.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35458

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So did anyone pin down yesterday's comment of "Oh, XY has all the old pokémon in it"

I'm going to assume that they did not mean literally every single starter, legendary, event legendary is catchable, just reiterating their previous comment that they remodled all 700+ pokémon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So did anyone pin down yesterday's comment of "Oh, XY has all the old pokémon in it"

I'm going to assume that they did not mean literally every single starter, legendary, event legendary is catchable, just reiterating their previous comment that they remodled all 700+ pokémon.

Yeah, I meant they are going to milking new engines for next few games like Z, X/Y 2 or Ruby/Sapphire 3DS.

backlot

I don't see them making stuff like Mew and Deoxys catchable in the game. It must just mean you can get them all if you transfer them.

Ya know, that interview really got me interested in going into this game raw. No leaks, no unreleased news/ mons, just black-out-into-game mode and see what Pokemon I can discover on my own.

.... Well, I still have that option I guess. All the "leaked" Pokemon are known now via official release and the Dinos are likely around the corner. (I have nothing against knowing what GF wants me to know before release)

But I feel like when reviewers get their hands on these games early one of them will blow it up and reveal all the new mons. I mean, first time many reviewers from outside of Japan have had the chance to "be the firs" to see these Pokemon ... and these seems to happen a good bit with Nintendo titles that get release in the US first/ at the same time.

Hope I can hold out :/
Need to stop going to /VP/ ... saw Tyrantrum art this morning and thought "what's with everyone posting this fan art evol ... wait, wut?!?".

Zeroth

Ya know, that interview really got me interested in going into this game raw. No leaks, no unreleased news/ mons, just black-out-into-game mode and see what Pokemon I can discover on my own.

.... Well, I still have that option I guess. All the "leaked" Pokemon are known now via official release and the Dinos are likely around the corner. (I have nothing against knowing what GF wants me to know before release)

But I feel like when reviewers get their hands on these games early one of them will blow it up and reveal all the new mons. I mean, first time many reviewers from outside of Japan have had the chance to "be the firs" to see these Pokemon ... and these seems to happen a good bit with Nintendo titles that get release in the US first/ at the same time.

Hope I can hold out :/
Need to stop going to /VP/ ... saw Tyrantrum art this morning and thought "what's with everyone posting this fan art evol ... wait, wut?!?".

Yeah, I'm mostly sticking to official stuff. I don't want to ruin this unique chance to experience a fresh pokemon game!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I try to but I lurk on this thread, can't resist the Pokébomb titled threads, check Serebii every two or three days for various things and pass by the news thread and generally mark out whenever I read something new.

I'll be out whenever someone gets ahold of the game or guide early and starts dropping pipe bombs though.

Is anyone else just gonna box their Kanto starter? I plan on doing so, maybe using it later on for the mega evolution.

No one puts Charmaner in the box! >:/

I actually think I may have bred a Shiny Flawless Charmander in my RNG days ... if that's the case I have no reason to keep the XY one really.

Dr. Buni

Is anyone else just gonna box their Kanto starter? I plan on doing so, maybe using it later on for the mega evolution.

Yep. I love Venusaur (the only Kanto starter I like, actually), but I used it way too much over the past 15 years, so this new one is going right to the box.

I don't think Kalos even have enough locations to hold 700+ catchable Pokémon, so yeah, they definitely meant that there are 3D models of every existing Pokémon in XY.

I'll definitely be going through Y with only Kalos Pokemon for my first run. Then I'll put all my Pokemon into the Bank and start over! Endless and easy restarting means that I can do all kinds of challenges (Nuzlocke, single type, only starters, etc.) without having to slooooowly transfer all my favorite Pokemon.

pariah164

North America will be getting a free month of Pokémon Bank. After the trial is up, players will have to pay an annual fee. This exact price of this service will be announced at a later date.
Five dollars, Nintendo. FIVE. DOLLARS.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's an XY Puzzle Set coming out October 2013.

Interestingly, among Kalos Pokemon, and popular mascot Pokemon like Pikachu, Meowth, and the new Fairy-typed Gardevoir, is Manetric. We also see confirmed Megas like Absol, Lucario, and Ampharos.

I wonder if he'll get a Mega? Although I think it might be Clemont's battler at the very least.

Toxi

Banned
I love how the comments don't seem to get that it's all in jest.
The legendary pokemon Suicune who’s name means “Crack Cocaine” in Japanese was the main focus due to its high legendary status. Look as it exposes it’s backside for Cune-Sploshing in it’s drugged and high on the Crack Cocaine it is widely known for leaving behind in it’s footsteps.
Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Toxi

Banned
Team Rocket (Giovanni and grunts) confirmed for Origins, although I'm guessing they will play a bit part.

That Nidoran looks so cute. A shame it will probably be an ugly Nidoking by the end of the special ._.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! >:-(

JoeM86

More "journalists" are calling for Pokémon to completely redo the battle system away from being turn-based.

I hate people sometimes :/

JoeM86

Seriously, people don't ask CoD, Halo, GTA, Mario, Zelda etc. to change genre, so why is it alright to ask Pokémon to?

Toxi

Banned
Seriously, people don't ask CoD, Halo, GTA, Mario, Zelda etc. to change genre, so why is it alright to ask Pokémon to?
Because turn-based battling is "primitive" and "outdated".

Fuck those idiots.

:/ Sorry. I really wish Nidorino and Nidorina didn't have evolutions.
I have a shiny Nidoking. It is the best shiny I have. I trained since it was a little Nidoran. >:-(

Dr. Buni

Seriously, people don't ask Zelda to change genre, so why is it alright to ask Pokémon to?
Oh haha, yes they do. People ask for Zelda to become some sort of Dark Souls.

They also ask for Link to talk and also a whole lot of unneeded crap that wouldn't make any good for the franchise.

I have a shiny Nidoking. It is the best shiny I have. I trained since it was a little Nidoran. >:-(

There, there. It is okay, I like one or two weird looking Pokémon as well.

JoeM86

The problem is that people continually forget that we play as the trainers, not the Pokémon. Controlling the Pokémon in battle yourself is contrary to the premise of the game.

More "journalists" are calling for Pokémon to completely redo the battle system away from being turn-based.

I hate people sometimes :/

Hehe. I suppose some people just can't be satisfied and you can't do much about said vocal minority. Pokémon might feel old, but it's definitely still workable, to me at the very least.

Top Bottom