• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

v1q1sNV.png

KF5kFqK.png

xlkmZka.png

DMG-01

So today was supposed to be the first round of prize drawings for that gotta catch 'em all site, right? I take it no one from GAF won anything?

I cannot stress how excited I am about customization. I'm totally going to deck my PC out in a blue ballcap and a sweet black jacket. It's just too bad that you can't have a beard...

Tusk

So today was supposed to be the first round of prize drawings for that gotta catch 'em all site, right? I take it no one from GAF won anything?

:p I checked all three of my emails, and
I won nothing!~
:D

There's like 3 more weeks right? This is a four week contest? and the entries carry over, soooo people on here still have a chance.

-Horizon-

:p I checked all three of my emails, and
I won nothing!~
:D

There's like 3 more weeks right? This is a four week contest? and the entries carry over, soooo people on here still have a chance.

That Fennekin plushie shall be mine!

You know what would be nice in X/Y? If seasons are back and there are seasonal clothes you can get! :3

If I can make my character look at least SOMETHING like me (Glasses on my FACE, srs face, Flat/ Cabby hat/ Fedora (I'm no greasy bronie, I can rock a fedora), afro and DARK brown skin ... ALL of these needs are deal breakers) then I will be pleased and buy the other version to play female in a 2nd play through.

If I can't then ... I'm gonna only buy one and have to pray they have white hair so that I can make STORM! Love making chocolate women with white hair ... dat contrast!

DaBoss

Get both games and choose male in one game, female in the other.

Anyways, that video sure did have some nice male clothing. Not sure what I want yet for my character though.

Fireblend

Banned
Is it silly that I just can't imagine myself playing as a female character? It really is hard for me in a game as open-ended and in which I like getting involved as much as in this one to play a female character. I don't have any problem playing, say, Metroid games because I know I'm playing Samus' story, she's not really a personal avatar, but in games such as this or Animal Crossing or MMOs where it's all about making the story yours and feeling like it's you who's behind the screen, I just can't do it without feeling it's debilitating the game's charm.

Plus with what I've seen I'm convinced there's enough clothing variety for me to be satisfied with a male MC.

Dr. Buni

Is it silly that I just can't imagine myself playing as a female character? It really is hard for me in a game as open-ended and in which I like getting involved as much as in this one to play a female character. I don't have any problem playing, say, Metroid games because I know I'm playing Samus' story, she's not really a personal avatar, but in games such as this or Animal Crossing or MMOs where it's all about making the story yours and feeling like it's you who's behind the screen, I just can't do it without feeling it's debilitating the game's charm.

Plus with what I've seen I'm convinced there's enough clothing variety for me to be satisfied with a male MC.

It is not silly. I personally can't play as male in games in which role playing is an important factor. I have no problem in playing as Link in Zelda games though.

blamite

Yeah, I feel the same way. So far I like the female clothing options a lot more, but I can't play as a girl in a Pokemon game because that character is supposed to be me, with my name and my decisions and whatnot. If the trainers had preset names and personalities I could d it, but there's a weird disconnect when I try to play a blank-slate character as someone other than myself.

DaBoss

I feel the same way as well. I always choose male characters in games where I am playing as "myself".

Ugly character designs have forced me to pick the female character in every Pokémon game since Crystal.

Woah, that means you're talking shit about Neo-Red and Hilbert. Not cool man.

While I don't really like New Ethan much, New Ethan > Lyra.

Hilbert is pretty cool, but he was unfortunately pitted against the goddess Hilda.

You just like ogling her cutoffs whenever she throws a Pokéball, don't you? ;P

White 2 was the first game in which I chose to play as the female character on my first playthrough; mostly because Mr. Sir Palmtree Hair looks absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe he came from the same game that brought us the glory that is Faptain Tanline.

Dr. Buni

Hilbert look really nice, as does Lucas and Ethan.

Also, not all females have nice designs. Hilda's design is pretty lame imo and I don't care much about Dawn. Leaf, Kris and Rosa are my favorites.

Top Bottom