• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

1379952194244yrky8.jpg

Why do they do this? Why is this a "thing"?

One thing I have HATED about these past few years is this whole "announcement of a announcement" thing with games. I think its fine for Pokemon Smash or Coro Coro or big events as those need to get viewers/ buyers ... but for a FB page reveal or a site update?!?

Now I gotta have this in the back of my head for 2 days when they coulda just revealed it on Wed and I would have been none the wiser >_>

Why do they do this? Why is this a "thing"?

One thing I have HATED about these past few years is this whole "announcement of a announcement" thing with games. I think its fine for Pokemon Smash or Coro Coro or big events as those need to get viewers/ buyers ... but for a FB page reveal or a site update?!?

Now I gotta have this in the back of my head for 2 days when they coulda just revealed it on Wed and I would have been none the wiser >_>

If there's no announcement for an announcement, what will be the hype? Keep in mind that the first announcement doesn't give you much details.

If there's no announcement for an announcement, what will be the hype? Keep in mind that the first announcement doesn't give you much details.

Hype for what though? The game? I'm sweating hype for this game already. The Pokemon this evol may come from? They give me no hints on what this Pokemon evolves from.

It's like doing the whole song and dance to give your dog a treat when you could just tell them to sit before giving it to them.

Hell, I could give them a pass if they atleast hinted at what Pokemon it could be or if it's a mega or not. Hinting at, say, revealing 1 starter's final form every week would be interesting and hype worthy. Hinting at a "Certain Mascot" getting a mega that's revealed on FB Wed would be hype worthy (Mega Pikachu would rock my Pokey-world).

But no ... it's just "Hey, one new evol will be revealed exclusively on our FB page in 2 days!!! Thinking about this for 2 days without a hint as to what it may be!!".

I hope they do this for the next three Wednesdays. Helioptile this week, Clauncher and Skrelp next week and then Spritzee and Swirlix the week after. Can't see that happening though! Anyone know if this will be an update at US time or GMT?

And I assume by evolved Pokemon then mean one that evolves from a previously revealed Pokemon, so that's why I'd rule out Oorotto

Hype for what though? The game? I'm sweating hype for this game already. The Pokemon this evol may come from? They give me no hints on what this Pokemon evolves from.

It's like doing the whole song and dance to give your dog a treat when you could just tell them to sit before giving it to them.

Hell, I could give them a pass if they atleast hinted at what Pokemon it could be or if it's a mega or not. Hinting at, say, revealing 1 starter's final form every week would be interesting and hype worthy. Hinting at a "Certain Mascot" getting a mega that's revealed on FB Wed would be hype worthy (Mega Pikachu would rock my Pokey-world).

But no ... it's just "Hey, one new evol will be revealed exclusively on our FB page in 2 days!!! Thinking about this for 2 days without a hint as to what it may be!!".

Heh. I like speculation, though, if only to see what wild ideas people would have.

ffdgh

Hopefully there aren't any metals that require 2 or more people.

Entralink missions from BW2 will hopefully return too. Getting hard to get items and heart scales was so good.

Toxi

Banned
Medals are the fucking bomb. I got a medal for looking into every trashcan I could find and another medal for using the vending machines who-knows-how-many times. I didn't even grind for them, I just got them because garbage cans have neat stuff and Lemonade is the nectar of the gods.

Never got why some people don't like achievements. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit, that picture... 10 out of 10. Loved the cracked Bastiodon frill.

Is posting art of 6th gen pokes okay in this thread? Spoilers and everything?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought Tyrantum and Aurorus became okay when the official site updated with them?

I dunno where to post those fanart :(

CrovaxPSO

Probably super late to the party but I just found out there will be multiple languages to choose from when you start the game. I'm importing the Japanese version because I have a Japanese 3DS, so that's awesome.

Toxi

Banned
Thanks for editing that. I'm not sure if it counts as spoiler territory, but there are still some people wandering into the thread at random and talking about how they want to somehow blackout on XY info.

Fireblend

Banned
Awww yeah, I'm so hyped. And I just found out there's a store doing a midnight launch here in Costa Rica! I know what I'm doing now. Physical copy, here I come!
3AQmK.gif

I don't like the boney jaw ... it's a beard, not a ugly bone growth.

That is all.

Is there some guideline on what determines whether or not something is a spoiler?

Was it officially released by Nintendo or GF or information directly taking from one of them? (a interview)

If not then it's a spoiler.
If GF and Nintendo don't want you to know XYZ they will make sure to not tell you XYZ before the game comes out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah that's the only peeve I have with the fanart, the beard should be "fluffy". Which is weird since the art made the mane fluffy.

Other than that it's a pretty amazing art.

And the fossil evos are announced and are in the site.

Derwind

So I just preorder x and y, I couldn't decide yet, so I put $5 down on one and everything but $5 on the other. The clerk assured me that they'll order both and I can pick which one I want on launch day. Woooo!!!!

Also got two posters! =D

And picked up my shiny Palkia.

Today was a good day.

Caladrius

Honestly at this point outside of Eevee I don't think any old Pokemon are getting evolutions.

I wouldn't count it out. There's still a lot of pokemon with potential to be iterated on. I don't remember the exact amount of evolutionary relatives Diamond and Pearl revealed beforehand, but the vast majority weren't unveiled until the games came out. (Though that may have been due to D/P's...unique Regional Pokedex.) That and Mega Evolution is being focused on due to being a new feature.

Also I want fried Cloyster.

Top Bottom