• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I was just thinking about how there's no squid Pokemon and there should be.

There needs to be a Dark/Water vampire squid Pokémon that looks like this:

vampire_squid_fakemon_by_nurebaironohoshi-d3bj143.png

I found Serebii's new page about Pokémon limited edition consoles interesting. Black and White 2 and HGSS are the only Pokémon RPGs not to get a limited edition handheld to go with them.

Did anyone post the parody thread?

Why on Earth would anyone do that? It's not news, and it only makes any sense to a tiny minority who have been following the leaks, most of whom frequent this thread. It'll be completely lost on most of the forum.

DaBoss

That's why the title of the parody thread should be "PokéBOMBs From My Ass: New CREDIBLE Pokémon X/Y Rumors".

It parodies the "Tales From My Ass" threads which has bullshit info. It is somewhat vague, but it acknowledges it is fake.

That's why the title of the parody thread should be "PokéBOMBs From My Ass: New CREDIBLE Pokémon X/Y Rumors".

It parodies the "Tales From My Ass" threads which has bullshit info. It is somewhat vague, but it acknowledges it is fake.

But... why? It devalues the whole PokéBOMB thing that's apparently what we're going with, and is irrelevant to all but the small handful here that have been following the Pokebeach rumours.

It's not even pretending to be an actual leak, it's just a gag. A pretty amusing gag, sure, but a thread isn't made every time there's a joke made on the internet.

If one of you guys does make a thread, be sure to include something along the lines of "laugh of the day" in the title to avoid confusion and/or Junior-ing. CO still hasn't recovered from his Junior status yet.

DaBoss

But... why? It devalues the whole PokéBOMB thing that's apparently what we're going with, and is irrelevant to all but the small handful here that have been following the Pokebeach rumours.

It's not even pretending to be an actual leak, it's just a gag. A pretty amusing gag, sure, but a thread isn't made every time there's a joke made on the internet.

I was somewhat joking with that post and my previous post with the title. Don't want anyone to get juniored and such, including myself.

If one of you guys does make a thread, be sure to include something along the lines of "laugh of the day" in the title to avoid confusion and/or Junior-ing. CO still hasn't recovered from his Junior status yet.

You actively have to be made into a proper member again, and that basically doesn't happen. The junior membership doesn't wear off.

I just think making a thread for a niche, vaguely amusing pisstake is unnecessary and overly-risky. Feel free to disagree.

You actively have to be made into a proper member again, and that basically doesn't happen. The junior membership doesn't wear off.

I just think making a thread for a niche, vaguely amusing pisstake is unnecessary and overly-risky. Feel free to disagree.

Oh I know, I meant that a mod hasn't made CO back into a full Member yet either out of forgetfulness or as part of a prolonged punishment (I wasn't here when all that jazz went down).

Either way, I think that posting this wouldn't be any more risky than posting another thread about something vaguely amusing/stupid that Hideki Kamiya said on Twitter, but I'm sure as heck not doing it. GAF is crazy judgemental.

Oh I know, I meant that a mod hasn't made CO back into a full Member yet either out of forgetfulness or as part of a prolonged punishment (I wasn't here when all that jazz went down).
It's not really a punishment, just an acknowledgement that CO makes threads which either creep others out or simply contribute nothing. It's inherent in his style. He hasn't changed, and it's easy to see why the mods wouldn't change their mind.

I like you, CO, but I'm just pointing out the facts.

Either way, I think that posting this wouldn't be any more risky than posting another thread about something vaguely amusing/stupid that Hideki Kamiya said on Twitter, but I'm sure as heck not doing it. GAF is crazy judgemental.

At least that's content related to one of the most prominent creators in the industry. Making a thread about a Smogon pisstake is even less relevant than that.

I actually feel kind of embarrassed when I look back to when I made weird, oddball threads.

Sometimes I wish I could stop being a junior member, but I doubt that will change any time soon.

Wiseblade

The only people who get the joke post in this thread.

And there's no way Pikachu gets fairy type. Raichu? Maybe. Minun/Plusle? Possibly. Pachirisu? Probably. And the Topgepi line damn well better.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note, people saying that the old anime was good need to rewatch them. Holy shit the fillers were downright awful and even certain episodes like the Bulbasaur-catch episode was slow and had a terrible pacing.

Stage On

On a related note, people saying that the old anime was good need to rewatch them. Holy shit the fillers were downright awful and even certain episodes like the Bulbasaur-catch episode was slow and had a terrible pacing.

I'd STILL take the old anime over Best Wish's any day of the week.

Honest question, do you just hate everything from the older era of Pokemon?

No series of the anime is good, no matter how much I like it.

No need to shit on what people like.

I think both sides of this particular old vs new debate are guilty of behaving like absolute arses at various points, and that's soured discussion to the extent that people are just throwing mindless, sarcastic quips around.

It's annoying from everyone's perspective, no matter who you agree with.

Boss Doggie

I'd STILL take the old anime over Best Wish's any day of the week.

Oh that's a given of course.

With that said I'd rank it around...

Hoenn > Sinnoh > Orange > Kanto > Best Wishes > Johto

Good god Johto. Watching them in Pokemon TV was a chore.

Honest question, do you just hate everything from the older era of Pokemon?

You do know I keep anime analysis on a different playing field yes? I'm the staunch "games =/= anime" person so that complaint won't work on me.

No series of the anime is good, no matter how much I like it.

No need to shit on what people like.

I'm just saying that people saying the old anime is good tend to forget most of the crap they put on it. I mean, people shat on Sinnoh arc solely because of the dub (and it's acceptable - it pales in comparison to the TAS dubbed seasons) but it stretches as though the quality of the season is crap too.

But of course I agree that anime sucks and any attempt to try to mix anime canon to games *cough cough TR making Mewtwo, using Ash/Gary for names, etc. cough cough* should be slapped.

What did and didn't you like about Gen V? I'm not trying to heckle you, just get some insight into your opinion.

I liked the all animated sprites in battle, I liked some of the new Pokemon and the combination of types they did, I liked a few of the characters annnnnd, that's about it.

I liked the all animated sprites in battle, I liked some of the new Pokemon and the combination of types they did, I liked a few of the characters annnnnd, that's about it.

Okay. Is there any reason why you didn't like the advancements to the battle system or the copius amounts of bonus content or the greater focus on story or the music?

We're seriously doing this again?

He didn't enjoy it. That is his prerogative. I like it a lot. That is my prerogative. Neither position needs justifying or questioning.

It wasn't that long ago I watched them. In fact, I have them all on box set. First series is my favourite, simply because it's silly and I find it amusing. Team Rocket were the best. And funnily enough, it was that Bulbasaur ep that introduced me to Pokemon. I still remember waking up one morning as a kid, turning on the TV and there was Bulbasaur fighting Pikachu.

Whoa. I'm trying to create discussion and understand his POV better. I'll stop if it's bothering you so much.

It's not bothering me, it's just kinda pointless. We've danced this dance with Tiggerkiddo and Kokonoe several times before, and I don't really see what we stand to gain from raking it all over again.

I mean, come on, you know me and you know that I agree with you about Gen V being good. Unfortunately, we as a group have a nasty tendency towards going after people who have differing opinions to our own. I don't see why asking why Tiggerkiddo doesn't like Gen V is any more of a pressing topic than, say, asking Boss Doggie why he does.

Boss Doggie

It wasn't that long ago I watched them. In fact, I have them all on box set. First series is my favourite, simply because it's silly and I find it amusing. Team Rocket were the best. And funnily enough, it was that Bulbasaur ep that introduced me to Pokemon. I still remember waking up one morning as a kid, turning on the TV and there was Bulbasaur fighting Pikachu.

It's the pacing really. There were those awkward pauses and some weird animation stuff like creepy Brock being too excited on bathing Starmie.

Charmander ep was much better in that regard.

Okay. Is there any reason why you didn't like the advancements to the battle system or the copius amounts of bonus content or the greater focus on story or the music?

I just didn't feel the advancements in the battle system weren't all that substantial, I never had an issue with the battle and what improvements that made, didn't really impress me. What good is focusing on a story when the story isn't that interesting to begin with? And then in the sequel, there was less of a focus on the story considering the large gaps in the game where absolutely nothing happened. And the bonus content? PWT? Just another Battle Frontier. There was also the new routes and towns to explore once you beat the E4 but I got bored with those pretty easily. None of the bonus content was really any good.

Boss Doggie

I can see that, although I think I'd rank Sinnoh lower.

You'll never get game rankings out of me, though!

I guess people are ranking it low because of Tobias, but honestly Indigo Plateau's Ritchie was the more cop-out one, as well as the Hoenn's "dressed Meowth".

Aggrotek

Ok.

Since you're clearly running a Dual Screen team your prime goal is to load your team up with a ton of powerful sweepers and not worry about playing defense. Your Mandibuzz sticks out like a sore thumb because it kills your momentum (by eating up Dual Screen turns). Trust me, you shouldn't worry about trying to counter or check anything. Might I suggest using Swords Dance Samurott in its place. It's a ludicrously powerful attacker and it lures out the Pokemon that counter / check Crawdaunt (Tangrowth).

Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4hp / 252 Atk / 252 spe
Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Sandslash also strikes me as a suboptimal choice. It's not a good sweeper in RU, and your team definitely doesn't need Rapid Spinning. You should use Double Dance Rhydon in it's place. It's a monster when screens are up, your opponents will have a field day trying to kill it.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Trait: Doesn't matter (lol)
EVs: 4hp / 252 Atk / 252 spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature (do you want to outspeed Cincinno after a Rock Polish?)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I'd also consider using Giga Drain over Petal Dance on Liligant (I've always been fond of its healing ability, and it doesn't lock you in) and running Timid on Magneton because it outspeeds Adamant Kabutops (who's kind of a big deal) and an assortment of neutral base 80s/70s.

I think with the suggested changes you could absolutely play without this team any problems (since it's Dual Screens. Uxie >>> Screens >>> Sweep. If you fail step 1 you'll probably lose, so keep that in mind)

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. Sandslash has actually gotten me out of many-a-pickle. He kills a lot after one SD and begs the opponent to switch into a ghost which lets me get the Swords dance up. Then I night slash the crap out of them.

I can see where this could turn out to be a full sweeper team. I just really like being able to get rid of hazards. I will look at these options and see what I can make of the team. :)

qq more

As the author/artist of Nerd Rage I just wanted to personally say thanks. I'm glad so many people are enjoying this one.

And thank you for linking to my site, instead of hotlinking or reuploading the file. It really, really means a lot.
Welcome to GAF!

Well, I saw Sinnoh dubbed, so that might be the problem.

Yeah... no matter how much I tried to get used to the dub after the company change it just wasn't happening. I watched the majority of Sinnoh in Japanese, and I'd place either it or the Orange Islands as my second favourite.

Johto has a bunch of eps I like just as much as the originals, but most of it is a total drag.

JoeM86

So, yesterday I worked and compiled a list of all the limited edition Pokémon consoles that have existed and it made me wonder, what ones do you guys have? Any rare ones?

Zeroth

So, yesterday I worked and compiled a list of all the limited edition Pokémon consoles that have existed and it made me wonder, what ones do you guys have? Any rare ones?

I once saw the Hey You, Pikachu! N64 on sale at a store, but I didn't buy it. That said, none of my consoles are amazing or LEs, other than maybe my Platinum GC.

Refyref

There was a store I used to visit to look at video games near where I lived some 10 years back, and there was always a Pokemon GBC LE there. I think it was the Pikachu and Pichu one.

I don't own any LE system, myself.

I still stand by my stance that if infinite TMs were in HG/SS, then I'd never have to play B/W ever again.

It's not really a punishment, just an acknowledgement that CO makes threads which either creep others out or simply contribute nothing. It's inherent in his style. He hasn't changed, and it's easy to see why the mods wouldn't change their mind.

I like you, CO, but I'm just pointing out the facts.
You don't get un-juniored that easily. When you're juniored, you're essentially put on the shit-list, and you have to work hard to get off of it. Opiate himself has stated that it's akin to being on probation, and you have to actively try to improve your posting in order to be considered to be un-juniored.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think COverload is gonna get un-juniored anytime soon.

Top Bottom