• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Toxi

Banned
I don't want to be a dick, bro, but he isn't called Doctor Who, he is just "The Doctor".
Lies.
MV5BMjA5MDE3MDI5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU3NTgxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

LOL Peter Cushing

Growlie19

Sorry if I'm interrupting the Pokemon X/Y hype, but I need help on Pokemon Black 2's Elite 4.

The
ghost
type elite 4 member to be specific. I can beat all of the elite four except the
ghost
type. My Absol and Krookodile both die instantly to her
Chandelure's Fire Blast
. After she destroy's my 2 dark types she just kills everyone else with one hit.

My Team:
Serperior Lv.58
Gothitelle Lv.58
Darmanitan Lv.56
Krookodile Lv.54
Absol Lv.54
(None)

I usually just throw a random Pokemon at the vacant spot because I don't know what to put there. Any help or recommendations? If needed be I could go catch a certain type of Pokemon.

According to Bulbapedia, Absol learns Sucker Punch at level 52. If your opponent is about to use an attacking move (like Fire Blast, but not Calm Mind), it'll hit first. With Absol's absurd attack stat, it should be enough to OHKO Chandelure. If your Absol doesn't know that move, you might want to Heart Scale it back into its movepool.

Sorry if I'm interrupting the Pokemon X/Y hype, but I need help on Pokemon Black 2's Elite 4.

The
ghost
type elite 4 member to be specific. I can beat all of the elite four except the
ghost
type. My Absol and Krookodile both die instantly to her
Chandelure's Fire Blast
. After she destroy's my 2 dark types she just kills everyone else with one hit.

My Team:
Serperior Lv.58
Gothitelle Lv.58
Darmanitan Lv.56
Krookodile Lv.54
Absol Lv.54
(None)

I usually just throw a random Pokemon at the vacant spot because I don't know what to put there. Any help or recommendations? If needed be I could go catch a certain type of Pokemon.

It's too bad B2/W2 block off the Department Store before the Elite Four - you could just go buy some X Attack & X Speed and buff yourself when the Cofagrgius is out because it really isn't that powerful (Grass Knot would hurt Krookodile, but that's about it).

Maybe see if there are X items just on the ground in the game? You probably only need one X Speed for Absol. You could teach it Swords Dance too. And Substitute, which probably wouldn't be broken by Cofagrigus so Absol could even take one Fire Blast in a sub.

Caladrius

The ribboning draws nigh, clawing at the fringes of the human soul, conspiring to draw us all into its embrace...

THE RIBBONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

zroid

Banned
No, I can't. Time to spam some more hype Swapnotes, since I only got one reply last time.

Ugh I haven't checked Swapnote since August, even though I was a really prolific note swapper before then. I didn't have the opportunity for a couple weeks and then I just really dreaded going through the backlog. :(

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I went to GS to reserve Pokemon X/Y and they gave me a Pokemon X/Y poster for free. Not sure if your supposed to get a poster but I'm not complaining. It's a picture of the whole new region, and on the back is a picture of the legendary Pokemon with their stats.

It's too bad B2/W2 block off the Department Store before the Elite Four - you could just go buy some X Attack & X Speed and buff yourself when the Cofagrgius is out because it really isn't that powerful (Grass Knot would hurt Krookodile, but that's about it).

Maybe see if there are X items just on the ground in the game? You probably only need one X Speed for Absol. You could teach it Swords Dance too. And Substitute, which probably wouldn't be broken by Cofagrigus so Absol could even take one Fire Blast in a sub.

Thanks for the tips. Most of the good stuff is blocked off before the elite four in Black 2. Everytime I tried looking up a tip it was always "after the elite 4" so it couldn't help me. I'm trying to beat this game before the release of X/Y.

Rootbeer

Banned
Guys, I've always had a surficial interest in Pokemon but never delved that deeply into it. I am aiming to turn that around with X & Y. I have some questions though...

1. If I start fresh with X & Y, can i in theory capture all pokemon (or mostly all, barring some promo pokemon or somesuch) from all previous games just using these two carts? If not, how limited is it?

2. if I have both games and two 3ds systems, how common is it for someone to play both and trade with themselves? can you trade all starter pokemon back to yourself? anyone know if that will work any different in x & y? any tips on doing this?

Zeroth

Guys, I've always had a surficial interest in Pokemon but never delved that deeply into it. I am aiming to turn that around with X & Y. I have some questions though...

1. If I start fresh with X & Y, can i in theory capture all pokemon (or mostly all, barring some promo pokemon or somesuch) from all previous games just using these two carts? If not, how limited is it?

2. if I have both games and two 3ds systems, how common is it for someone to play both and trade with themselves? can you trade all starter pokemon back to yourself? anyone know if that will work any different in x & y? any tips on doing this?

1. I don't have the game nor known the pokemon list, but I can assure you that it's impossible to catch all pokemon *in-game* with solely one/two games from the same line (in this case, XY). You can, however, trade online for those that you don't have access to.

2. It is pretty common! You can trade as if you had another person with you, the thing is that you will need to play on both cards.... which may be a stressful process for someone looking to jump into the series.

Personally, I would pick one of the games and see if you like it. If so, you could always purchase the possible third version/sequel that will be released in a few years, and you can get all the pokemon you want through online trading with your fellow gaffers.

Derwind

Pokemon origins was pretty cool,
they ended up showing charizard x. Its weird though I expected Reds first starter to be bulbasaur but it turned out to be charmander, while Blue(whose called Green in this) got a squitle. I feel a little disappointed but at least we got to see charizard x
. :)

Another painful image:

Four more days, four more days...

FourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysfourmoredaysAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

TERMINATE INFINITE SADNESS MODE. INITIATE BOUNDLESS JEALOUSY MODE.

Seibmoz

Can anyone answer this question for me, is there a reason to not let your pokemon evolve besides just learning moves earlier?

Caladrius

UGGH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

Don't get too hung up over it. The inevitable disappointment will be that much better for you.

It's such a shame, I thought you had a good taste.

image.php

The hypnotoad tells me you're probably a Chespin fan..

Can anyone answer this question for me, is there a reason to not let your pokemon evolve besides just learning moves earlier?

Some pokemon don't learn moves that their prevos can. The eevee and Kirlia line are like this I do believe.

Top Bottom