• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Emitan

I've been messing around with a Serene Grace Trick Team on the Smogon Doubles ladder. It's fun but mostly because everyone on this server (including me) sucks.

Dunsparce @ Stone Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
- Roost
- Bite

Togekiss @ Iron Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Extrasensory
- Aura Sphere

Jirachi @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick Room
- Ice Punch

Shaymin-Sky @ Macho Brace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Blissey @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Relic Song
- Thunderbolt
- Close Combat

I'm keeping my Charizardite X thank you very much, but I will trade my Mewtonite X for a Mewtonite Y.

I'll probably take you up on that. I've been adamant about getting Y ever since its announcement, but I relish the though of a Fighting-type Mewtwo and would gladly trade for you Mewtonite X once I have Mewtwo Y registered in my 'Dex.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know how i told you guys that going on reddit was a minefield, since if a pokemon-post makes the front page spoiler-tags don't work and I had a mega-evolution spoilered that way?

Anyway, so yesterday there was another on it... Bear with me here. It said "MEGA WAILORD". I was about to flip shit because of getting spoilered again, but curiosity got the best of me, because.... Hell, mega wailord sounds awesome. So I clicked it, and...

It was a picture of the 3DS screen completely blue :lolol

I laughed.

DaBoss

haha, that's pretty funny.

I found this to be cool. They're icons for the first 151 Pokemon (along with all forms of the Gen 2 starters) similar to the icons for monsters in Monster Hunter:
RfLs5ED.png
The rest can be found here: http://gryphon-shifter.deviantart.com/gallery/35234571

Man, I wish people did neat art projects like that for Pokémon other than the original 151 :'(

I would totally rock a Scrafty version of one of those.

DaBoss

Man, I wish people did neat art projects like that for Pokémon other than the original 151 :'(

I would totally rock a Scrafty version of one of those.

You can ask her to do one, not sure if she will accept the request though.

She said she is going to do all starters, legendaries, and mega evolutions. And if Scrafty gets one, you won't have to ask. :D

You can ask her to do one, not sure if she will accept the request though.

She said she is going to do all starters, legendaries, and mega evolutions. And if Scrafty gets one, you won't have to ask. :D

IF?! MEGA SCRAFTY DISCONFIRMED FOR XY

INITIATE INFINITE SADNESS MODE

I will submit a request though. Never hurts to ask.

Took one glance at the page full of pictures and black bars and highstepped it out of there

(I'm only on story spoiler alert, so I suppose this was bound to happen eventually)

Alchemy

X and Y hype reaching maximum. Getting my copy of Black set up with the entire Pokedex so I can import a complete Gen 1-6 Pokedex using Transporter...

Sinople

I'm rediscovering Pokemon after a 15 years blank and would be glad if someone could answer a couple of things:
- Why is Soul Silver considered superior to Heart Gold? Are the exclusive so much better?
- I'm playing through White now, should I get White 2 or go for Black 2 once I finish it?

I probably have other questions but that's all I can think of right now.

MarkusRJR

So I'm going to be making my X/Y team based off of the chess pieces. So far I have:

King = Nidoking
Queen = Nidoqueen
Bishop = Escavelier? Honestly I just love the way this Pokémon looks. Any more suitable suggestions would be nice.
Knight = Rapidash or maybe Doublade? Not sure...
Pawn = ??? I'd like a speedy Pokémon here.
Rook = ???

Any recommendations? I have no idea what to do for Pawn or Rook especially. I don't really plan to EV or IV train them since it's just for playing around with friends.

Derwind

So I'm going to be making my X/Y team based off of the chess pieces. So far I have:

King = Nidoking
Queen = Nidoqueen
Bishop = Escavelier? Honestly I just love the way this Pokémon looks. Any more suitable suggestions would be nice.
Rook = ???

Any recommendations? I have no idea what to do for Pawn or Rook especially. I don't really plan to EV or IV train them since it's just for playing around with friends.

Rook should definitely be Golurk. Or Regigigas.

Toxi

Banned

King = Nidoking
Queen = Nidoqueen
Rook = ???

Escabelier is based on a knight.

I'm baaaaaccccckkkkkkk
tumblr_inline_mgqs90fVoA1r9pklu.gif

Sorry if I'm interrupting the Pokemon X/Y hype, but I need help on Pokemon Black 2's Elite 4.

The
ghost
type elite 4 member to be specific. I can beat all of the elite four except the
ghost
type. My Absol and Krookodile both die instantly to her
Chandelure's Fire Blast
. After she destroy's my 2 dark types she just kills everyone else with one hit.

My Team:
Serperior Lv.58
Gothitelle Lv.58
Darmanitan Lv.56
Krookodile Lv.54
Absol Lv.54
(None)

I usually just throw a random Pokemon at the vacant spot because I don't know what to put there. Any help or recommendations? If needed be I could go catch a certain type of Pokemon.

Toxi

Banned
Sorry if I'm interrupting the Pokemon X/Y hype, but I need help on Pokemon Black 2's Elite 4.

The
ghost
type elite 4 member to be specific. I can beat all of the elite four except the
ghost
type. My Absol and Krookodile both die instantly to her
Chandelure's Fire Blast
. After she destroy's my 2 dark types she just kills everyone else with one hit.

My Team:
Serperior Lv.58
Gothitelle Lv.58
Darmanitan Lv.56
Krookodile Lv.54
Absol Lv.54
(None)

I usually just throw a random Pokemon at the vacant spot because I don't know what to put there. Any help or recommendations? If needed be I could go catch a certain type of Pokemon.

If you don't mind soft resetting, you can throw a Quick Claw on Absol and Krookodile, face the Ghost type member first, and keep resetting until you get the Quick Claw boost.

If Darmanitan is faster, you could teach it Bulldoze. Bulldoze is super-effective and slows down Chandelure for your other teammates.

Serperior learns Swagger, so you could try confusing it and hope that stops it from one-shotting your Dark types.

haha, that's pretty funny.

I found this to be cool. They're icons for the first 151 Pokemon (along with all forms of the Gen 2 starters) similar to the icons for monsters in Monster Hunter:

The rest can be found here: http://gryphon-shifter.deviantart.com/gallery/35234571
Holy shit, those are awesome.

I'd love to hunt a Nidoking and Nidoqueen tag-team.

Top Bottom