• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I'm now going with "I don't mind if I get spoiled by others, but I won't actively seek spoilers".

Because I have one Pokémon spoiled, one name spoiled, and the type diversity spoiled. Might as well...

Also, holy cow I'm a member!

Nice! I'm surprised it took as long as it did.

DaBoss

0Iq4omv.png

Shengar

Growlie19

This wait is going to kill me, I swear.

So what are your plans on Friday? I'm going to send Black 2 off with a bang. I'll defeat the champion one last time with my original team, then I'll (try to) complete the Multi Train with my little brother. If my Gamestop is doing a midnight release (which is looking increasingly unlikely), then we'll go to that. If not, I'm taking him out for breakfast early Saturday morning, then we're picking up our games. It's a shame I'm the only 3DS owner of my house, since I'm gonna have to share playtime with him.

-Horizon-

Just me thinking about this but for the jumps from one gen to another, this is how I see it:

Gen 1 -> Gen 2 small jump

Gen 2 -> Gen 3 big jump

Gen 3 -> Gen 4 big jump

Gen 4 -> Gen 5 small jump

Gen 5 -> Gen 6 big jump

A full 3D Pokemon adventure? Yes.

Pokemon Colosseum/XD?
I'm guessing you mean on a portable lol

I've been waiting for 15 years and counting for a certain Pokemon game. :'(

Pokemon Snap 2? Pokemon Stadium 3 which is not Battle Revolution?

I want to think the next handheld will be slightly on par with a Vita. And that alone will make it amazing.

Sylveon sim with actual ribbon feeler like action.

The 3DS is capable of much more advanced lighting and shaders than the PSP, so the "HDS" will probably be capable of more advanced lighting and shaders than the Vita.

qq more

Just me thinking about this but for the jumps from one gen to another, this is how I see it:

Gen 1 -> Gen 2 small jump

Gen 2 -> Gen 3 big jump

Gen 3 -> Gen 4 big jump

Gen 4 -> Gen 5 small jump

Gen 5 -> Gen 6 big jump

Pokemon Colosseum/XD?
I'm guessing you mean on a portable lol

Pokemon Snap 2? Pokemon Stadium 3 which is not Battle Revolution?
Pokemon Snap 2. And yeah, Stadium 3, but that hasn't been 15 years since 2... lol

Also huh, wasn't Gen 2 a big jump?! It introduced soooo much features. Berries, Item holding, modern inventory, Select Button being useful, Breeding, Shinies, Day/Night cycles, etc etc. I could go on.

Moe Pokemon sim?

Hey You Sylveon?

Sylveon sim with actual ribbon feeler like action.

PokeGAF pls

And you know I've been waiting forever for a moe Pokemon sim.

er what?!

-Horizon-

Pokemon Snap 2. And yeah, Stadium 3, but that hasn't been 15 years since 2... lol

Also huh, wasn't Gen 2 a big jump?! It introduced soooo much features. Berries, Item holding, modern inventory, Select Button being useful, Breeding, Shinies, Day/Night cycles, etc etc. I could go on.

PokeGAF pls

er what?!

Well if we're talking about actual new mechanics then yeah I suppose. I was talking more appearance wise.

And there's something in the water qq, don't drink it.

I'm not sure about Hey You Sylveon.

I want a Hey You Pokémon.

So you want Nintendo to sell and buy Japan repeatedly for the next century?

I bet Sylveon would react if you say to it "Hey you, qq moe!"

cutest bug ever

Go back to your cave, caterpie!

tumblr_mt37vuHRLH1sh730to1_500.png

eatin__its_megahertz_by_nepryne-d64h2ta.jpg

joltik_by_melodic_death_ookami-d5hx6a1.png

lol at the first part

And HNNG I didn't know fan art of Joltik devouring a Porygon could be so cute

qq more

oh okay, though i'd argue colorization is a big jump enough imho, even though the sprite style is pretty much the same for the overworld.

omg that poor porygon

that is brutal

RIP

-Horizon-

oh okay, though i'd argue colorization is a big jump enough imho, even though the sprite style is pretty much the same for the overworld.

omg that poor porygon

that is brutal

RIP

I feel like the coloring in G/S wasn't really much.
Gen 3 was the real jump in detail and coloring.

qq more

I feel like the coloring was intentionally off. It was a unique style, although I prefer the brighter colors of 3rd gen on.

I always thought Gen 2 had the brightest pallete? Gen 3 definitely looked nice though, especially FR/LG, I like its clean style.

Top Bottom