• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
[qq more intensifies]

hgjkF7b.gif

CorvoSol

So I bought Black 2 so I can ship all my pokemons through to Gen VI, and I'm sort of annoyed that to even trade I have to beat the first gym? It's almost as if the Pokemon Company doesn't want me to trade my Pokemon over from White without forcing me to endure even more hassle.

Also I'm glad to see that Trainer design nosedived back to Gen 4 levels. B/W's trainers were the best designs since Gen 1, even passing former champs Gen 3. Now I look like a rejected design from Gen 4.

Oh well, I'll just make due with my lame-mons 'fore I start shipping in my God Monsters.

blamite

What's with the ribbons, shouldn't everyone be giving their avatars magnificent flowing golden locks and dragon horns to celebrate the coming of the new lord and savior of the Pokemon universe?

So I bought Black 2 so I can ship all my pokemons through to Gen VI, and I'm sort of annoyed that to even trade I have to beat the first gym? It's almost as if the Pokemon Company doesn't want me to trade my Pokemon over from White without forcing me to endure even more hassle.

Also I'm glad to see that Trainer design nosedived back to Gen 4 levels. B/W's trainers were the best designs since Gen 1, even passing former champs Gen 3. Now I look like a rejected design from Gen 4.

Oh well, I'll just make due with my lame-mons 'fore I start shipping in my God Monsters.

... If you have White you didn't need to buy Black 2 to ship Pokemon to XY...

Sinople

I'm rediscovering Pokemon after a 15 years blank and would be glad if someone could answer a couple of things:
- Why is Soul Silver considered superior to Heart Gold? Are the exclusive so much better?
- I'm playing through White now, should I get White 2 or go for Black 2 once I finish it?

I probably have other questions but that's all I can think of right now.

I hate to quote myself but... anyone? =(

I hate to quote myself but... anyone? =(

Silver vs gold is entirely personal preference being shouted loudly by the internet.

The games assume you follow white with white 2 cause you get the corresponding cover legendary that you don't already have from the first game.

Growlie19

So who wants to watch a shiny Tangrowth sweep a bunch of legendaries? One of my proudest moments in my brief 5th gen competitive stint. This was a part of the last officially sanctioned Wi-Fi competitions of B2/W2, where no restrictions were placed, so legends could be used, like Mewtwo. I decided to make this shiny show-off time, where I brought in Jumpluff, Garchomp, Gengar, Tangrowth, Toxicroak, and Weavile.

https://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=834909064558

My opponent made some big mistakes, though. Thundurus could have finished me off very easily and Groudon could have used Hammer Arm (100 power) instead of Earthquake (75 power).

harshairmail

Neo Member
Hopefully someone can answer this:
I know Europe and Australia are considered to be in the same region so I can get a European copy for my Australian 3DS without much of a problem.
But what about wireless events and mystery gift and things like that? Would there be an issue?

ffdgh

AhhhhhHH YESSssssssS, I have DOPPLEGANGers inCOMING. YOU SHALL see them SOON

lk8g.png
we4w.png
mg9.png
735z.png
xfwp.png
ddn6.png
ai3h.png
hwph.jpg
zmbi.png
hxnf.png
tyxc.png
kq62.jpg
09ln.jpg
6gt0.png
jkaj.png
5cxc.png
m4e5.png
qys0.png
lzlh.jpg
udtv.png

AND the ONE you'RE ALl DOUBTlesslY WAITing foR...
mk6n.png

Uhh....ok wow lol. I was wondering where all the pink was coming from. I'll switch after I fix the original's bad image quality that I never noticed lol.

ufo0272

Neo Member
AhhhhhHH YESSssssssS, I have DOPPLEGANGers inCOMING. YOU SHALL see them SOON

lk8g.png
we4w.png
mg9.png
735z.png
xfwp.png
ddn6.png
ai3h.png
hwph.jpg
zmbi.png
hxnf.png
tyxc.png
kq62.jpg
09ln.jpg
6gt0.png
jkaj.png
5cxc.png
m4e5.png
qys0.png
lzlh.jpg
udtv.png

AND the ONE you'RE ALl DOUBTlesslY WAITing foR...
mk6n.png

Aw, you even changed mine :3
I'll be #teamfairy as soon as I get home and can use my computer again

edit: I will try being a bit more active on this forum as a gesture for this beautiful avatar, I never really write anything lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow, the "Kanto to Kalos" special made me think the anime is gonna be at least better than usual.

Also confirmed that Chespin is Clemont's, Fennekin is Serena's, and Froakie is Ash's.

And the opening is surprisingly good.

Boss Doggie

I was hoping he'd train all three starters like last season but oh well.

It's actually much better like this, so that he can have a diverse team at least. AG also went this way. I just hope all three go full evolution... and maybe break Ash's "do not evolve your water starter" curse.

Derwind

It's actually much better like this, so that he can have a diverse team at least. AG also went this way. I just hope all three go full evolution... and maybe break Ash's "do not evolve your water starter" curse.

I didn't notice this trend before but yes... yes you're right. Maybe they remind him of Misty, has he evolved a water pokemon recently? The last water pokemon I remember him evolving was Krabby.... Misty's era.

The last water pokemon he used passionately was Lapras and he had to release him(was a male Lapras right?), the misty of his pokemon.

Hasn't really put an emphasis on water pokemon since.

Boss Doggie

I didn't notice this trend before but yes... yes you're right. Maybe they remind him of Misty, has he evolved a water pokemon recently? The last water pokemon I remember him evolving was Krabby.... Misty's era.

The last water pokemon he used passionately was Lapras and he had to release him(was a male Lapras right?), the misty of his pokemon.

Hasn't really put an emphasis on water pokemon since.

Nope, his only water pokemon he evolved himself is Kingler.

Got Y yesterday, I...I've played like 9 hours and only beat the first gym. Pokemon Amie and Super Training will eat your time if you like giving your teams personal attention.

Was hoping X would arrive today but alas looks like that will arrive tomorrow now.

DigitalOp

Banned
Yo, There is some weird shit going on with my 3DS man...

If it sleeps... It doesn't advance the day! Its still set to Wed 10/9!!!! What gives! Also the time displays 21:39...

How do I get it to just say 9:39 AM... -___- My region is set to United States as well.

EDIT: Reset the clock with proper military time... Will report back and see if it keeps acting up again

Rootbeer

Banned
In one hour... I get off work for 3 days. By the time I return to work I'll have logged many hours on the new Pokemon game... hard to believe the release has snuck up on me this way :eek:

New anime's looking good.

The Advanced Generation comparisons keep on piling up, with the starters being split throughout the group and the four-strong party.

Top Bottom