• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Refyref

Also:
o7br.png

Thanks!

Also, cute new avatar.

Refyref

I'm the sole one fighting for the good ribbons team. Me against all those evil ribbons.

...Looking at it again, it's also colored similarly to the logo of X. Which is good, being on #TeamX and all.

Caladrius

Thanks! Also, cute new avatar.

The children of Sinnoh are truly the finest among the fae.

Could someone tell me where your getting those ribbons from? I Fairy'd up my avatar and need a ribbon for completion.

6bmd.png

For those who wish to, we will supply the bow used to infuse fairy power. The crude edges shouldn't be noticeable at avatar scale, and you may cutomize it as you see fit.

There were originally more ribbons, but most of them have been lost and we are unable to recall where they were.

nuwh.png

Growlie19

Man, X and Y are so close. So before we go into the Kalos region, why don't we share our original teams we used in Unova.

I had (before the Elite 4) an Emboar, the traded Basculin, Zebstrika, Braviary, Druddigon, and Musharna for White. Afterwards, I replaced the latter two with Dragonite and Metagross respectively.

For Black 2, I had a Serperior, Stoutland, Magnezone, Arcanine, Crobat, and Walrein.

Fireblend

Banned
I remember a couple of weeks ago someone linked to a primer on EVs IVs and the like in this thread after someone asked about it. Does anyone know what page that was or would kindly point me in the direction of something similar?

Man, X and Y are so close. So before we go into the Kalos region, why don't we share our original teams we used in Unova.

I had (before the Elite 4) an Emboar, the traded Basculin, Zebstrika, Braviary, Druddigon, and Musharna for White. Afterwards, I replaced the latter two with Dragonite and Metagross respectively.

For Black 2, I had a Serperior, Stoutland, Magnezone, Arcanine, Crobat, and Walrein.

White:

Zidane (Scrafty)
Kamina (Krookodile)
Sven (Bisharp)
Zorro (Zoroark)
Shinji (Hydreigon)
Kaseki (Archeops)

White 2:

Jake (Samurott)
Xeros (Toxicroak)
Kephas (Aggron)
Emilie (Flygon)
Erik (Galvantula)
Ike (Arcanine)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

For White 2 Elite Four I had... Uh... Samurott, Magnezone, Aggron, Virizion, Haxorus, Volcarona.

For White Treehollow, replaced Haxorus, Samurott, Aggron and Magnezone with Dragonite, White Kyurem, Tyranitar and failsave-event-Palkia/Deoxys.

Caladrius

Our B2 team was Serperior, Magnezone, Ampharos, Krookodile, Volcarona and Samurott. W2 was Samurott, Bisharp, Galvantula, Chandelure, Sigilyph and Krookodile. If we remember correctly.

Used an EV trained Deoxys A to tear the bonus areas a new asshole.

Also:

W: Samurott, [Stoutland], [Simisear], Excadrill, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Reuniclus, Galvantula
W2: Emboar, [Ampharos], Azumarill, Magnezone, Sigilyph, Flygon, Roserade

[] = Ditched

Caladrius

Caladrious must have played System Shock 2. His/her posts sound just like it.

This is merely a coincidence due to us assuming the qualities of the host, (the human male "Caladrious") who is batshit insane. We will investigate the SHODAN you're referring to in short order.

It must be learned from.

Black 2: Azumarill, Whimsicott, Scrafty, Magnezone, Altaria, Lopunny
Aftergame: Haxorus, Volcarona, Swanna
Black Tower/White Treehollow: Lv 100. Mewtwo/Mew/Red Genosect/Suicune/Nobunaga's Rayquaza/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Deoxys/Groudon.

DaBoss

Sounds like generic overlord stuff to me. Mass Effect, Halo, System Shock, lots of games have stuff like that.

But they don't have "we" "us" hivemind stuff like that referring to a large amount of people like a single entity or something. Well I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games, and more of a Halo multiplayer guy, so I don't remember the story that well.

Caladrius

Shodan so crazy, why don't dat gurl just let me get off da ship?

Sister's a golddigger, don't be givin' her a dime out'cho stash.She's gonna have to give in eventually.
With a few bullets.

But they don't have "we" "us" hivemind stuff like that referring to a large amount of people like a single entity or something. Well I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games, and more of a Halo multiplayer guy, so I don't remember the story that well.

Both the reapers and the gravemind use plural personal pronouns. We fae are both, without the pretense of pseudoscience to justify our existence. We simply are.

Derwind

You know the worst part, I got my shiny event Palkia and event Giratina but not Dialga. My collection is incomplete! ;_;

I feel cold.

Derwind

I think I love you.
All... of you?

I didn't get any... the closest Gamestop is 200 miles away...

I'm sorry, I must come off like a jerk, I'll trade you if you ever need to finish your collection(I need the iron key anyways). I just have an adamant orb in my W2 that is just sitting in my inventory. Unused. Unloved. Breaks my heart.

=(

Caladrius

Can Squall join the fairies too?

You may.
4fj2.png
lbq6.png

NOTICE: This is the final night for you to declare your allegiance to the fae and request a ribbon. The ribboning starts Saturday morning and we will be toiling for most of Friday in preparation. Applications to the fae will be processed before noon EST. Heretics cannot repent.Farewell

I think I love you.
All... of you?

'You' can be used to address one or more people. We are a collective that shares one unified will. But what is this feeling you call love?

-Horizon-

I think I love you.
All... of you?

I didn't get any... the closest Gamestop is 200 miles away...

And this is why I don't like store distributions, some people will get screwed over, wifi events gamefreak wifi events :/

I'm sorry, I must come off like a jerk, I'll trade you if you ever need to finish your collection(I need the iron key anyways). I just have an adamant orb in my W2 that is just sitting in my inventory. Unused. Unloved. Breaks my heart.

=(

Giratina and the griseous orb are all you need, forever and ever.

'You' can be used to address one or more people. We are a collective that shares one unified will. But what is this feeling you call love?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue5dhAvi8sw

And this is why I don't like store distributions, some people will get screwed over, wifi events gamefreak wifi events :/
I've been pretty luck with a lot of the events, but I was not with these last 3. I get why they do the in store events for Japan, but damn not all countries are that tightly packed! I am surrounded by prairie for Arceus' sake!

Derwind

Giratina and the griseous orb are all you need, forever and ever.

True, Griseous Giratina is pretty damn good. Not gunna lie.

The Pokemon X/Y OP is up.
Spoils which Pokemon Ash gets, so keep that in mind.

The animation is crisper, I hope the story gets better too. I agree, I hated the BW team rocket but also the story was pretty stale.
And they ruined Iris for me, like she wasn't a bad concept but the whole "you're such a little kid ash" while being equally childish bothered me.

Kind of pushing the misty appeal on her which wasn't very appealing to begin with for me, I only liked it for the pairing quality it had.

I'd much prefer a Misty x Gary ending though. Ash deserves to die alone for being a horrible trainer.

Misty in the manga is cool, though I might be partial to Green(Blue technically) myself, she's cooler and has a better back story.

Though I haven't caught up in Pokemon adventures yet, I'm still at the pokemon league stage so no spoilers.

-Horizon-

Probably nostalgia talking but I miss the animation styling from the first few seasons (probably up to before Diamond/Pearl). D/P with all its CG sparkle attack transitions just bleh.
Blurred up background colors are where its at lol.

Pokemon Origins should become a full length series running alongside the more children oriented Pokemon show

Derwind

Pokemon Origins should become a full length series running alongside the more children oriented Pokemon show

Oh god, please make it happen.

Although I have my own personal gripes about pokemon origins, Red has a poliwag before his first starter pokemon which should have been a bulbusaur. Also they rushed the plot a little, I'd rather have it be a series of OVA's that can cover the story in the manga as opposed to one whole rushed movie.

Even with my own personal gripes the movie was amazing.

Origins would lose quality and become QUALITY though lol

Origins should be an OVA series. I don't want a never ending story like the pokemon show we have.

Top Bottom