• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

Just finished the transfer thing to move my Pokemon from Diamond to Black in preparation of moving them to the PokeBank and then to X version...that mini game was a waste of my time.

And now I need to do the same thing again for Platinum and HeartGold. UGHHHHHHH. my DS lite's touch screen is wonky so this isn't helping >:|

0SY5pXL.jpg
This is now canon.

Caladrius

I cannot bring myself to become excited for RSE remakes. The only thing that could get me even remotely excited for these remakes are new Deoxys forms.

Oh and new art of Steven.He's my favorite champion. Shockingly.

And nothing deserves to be compared to Lightning. More pertinently Cynthia did not get an entire trilogy of games revolving around her.

-Horizon-

Oh my god, why does Poke Transporter only work with Box 1?! Game Freak wat r u doing?!

Are you saying I'll have to keep moving every Pokemon down to box 1 just to transfer it to Poke Bank D:

TrueBlue

Any female recurring character in a popular series = Lightning

It's the new law. See: Rosalina and Cynthia

I'm joking.

Cynthia for Smash

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well of course all of them are easy, but the point is that Kanto having low leveled Pokemon still is really wtf, and the lack of a VS Seeker really hurts it. The distribution is pretty terrible and having most of the decent Gen 2 Pokemon not even show up in Johto was stupid. I love HG/SS but liked said earlier in the topic, it didn't address any of the cons that the original had. Could have been the most refined Pokemon experience.

BW2 has awesome Pokemon distibution and a pretty fast pace, though admittedly I think it was released too close when people were already tired of DS games by BW's release.

Anyway, all these lists are silly without Gen 1 being at the top (with glitches). I'd put it like middle otherwise, but with glitches the game is hilariously broken and fun.

Kanto's the post-game, though. The fact the level distribution there is poor is pretty acceptable when HG/SS already has the most post-game content of any games in the series as it is. Obviously, I'd have liked them to be better, but I struggle to see how this reduces HG/SS from top-tier.

I actually liked that some Gen2 Pokemon were restricted to the postgame as well. Johto felt like a 'fluid' sequel to Kanto - it followed established rules about what is common and what you encounter in a given area, while mixing it up just a little. When new Pokemon were introduced, there was normally a reason why - e.g., Sentret and Hoothoot rely on the new Day/Night mechanics, which provides a coherent reason for why you couldn't find them in RBY (no Day/Night), the baby Pokemon require breeding, which again you couldn't do, etc. Johto's Pokemon distribution just made in-universe sense, if you see what I mean - it reuses the base 'rules' of what Pokemon you find where from Kanto, but with extra bells and whistles. I liked it more than say, Hoenn's distribution. It never made in-universe sense to me that despite Hoenn being within easy flying distance from Johto and Kanto, you would never see Pidgey there, for example. I bought it for BW because of the sheer distance between Unova and the original four regions, but DPPt and RSE had distributions I wasn't really fond of.

qq more

i thought sylveon was considered mediocre though? idk i never paid attention to competitive play since i just play single player and be done with it

Cynthia and Diantha both have decent designs amd the personality of wet tissue paper, the only difference is that one has a Hawlucha and music that brings me joy and the other doesn't.

That article is so bleugh in so many ways.

I mean, really? You couldn't even do enough research to learn that Pokémon isn't developed by Nintendo, but had enough time on your hands to write a separate blurb for every individual Pokémon in an evolutionary line?

Jeez.

"Nintendo is out of Ideas" are the magic words that tell me to ignore someone's opinion of Pokemon. I'm convinced that anyone who says it with a straight face is just parroting some stock Genwar comments they saw on youtube and are not using their own brain to analyze the series' designs.

Top Bottom